Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 12-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Ellorium

Witch Wig

I'm planning a cosplay for the Witch from the Left 4 Dead series. The wiki for her states that she has platinum blonde hair, which I can definitely see, but it's very dirty and gets darker and filthier the further down it falls. Here's a close-up where you can see it better.

One wig i was thinking about getting (and cutting to the appropriate length) is this wig from Epiccosplay, but if there are any suggestions then they would be much appreciated.

Mainly what I'm having problems with is figuring out how I would go about darkening and dirtying and messing up the wig in a way that looks natural (considering the apocalyptic setting). I don't want to make the wig into a total mess that looks cheap or lazy or just plain gross; what I want is for it to look appropriately gross, yet deliberately made to be that way for the cosplay. Purposefully filthy, if that makes any sense.

Also debating on whether it seems like it would be slightly greasy or not.

Somehow I feel that sharpie-dying wouldn't really work in the way I want it to, but after that I'm out of ideas. I don't mind if it's not permanent, as long as it's something I can do to the wig whenever I use this cosplay, as the Witch will be its only use. I don't mind if whatever I use rubs off a little bit (a LITTLE bit) on my top or skin because I'm going to look pretty gnarly anyway.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!! Thank you.
Ellorium is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Use got2be glued spiking thin it out with a bit of water and mix it with brown pigment of silt (fine dirt). mush that into the hair a style it into pieces.

It should look messed up with that.

Here another option in Titanium Blonde if you don't mind the length as it a paler blonde then the natural blonde you linked (the witch to me always looked washed out or natural silver hair) and Arda fiber has texture to it that take better to styling products.
http://arda-wigs.com/products/pippin
http://arda-wigs.com/products/merry (straighten with hot water/straightening iron)

But defiantly use a center parted wig.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Ellorium

Actually, that's a great idea with the Merry! I'd been on Arda wigs and saw the Pippin, but it seems a little short, but I hadn't thought of straightening out a curly one.

I actually own an Ash Blonde wig from Arda wigs-- a Jeannie, but I took it out of the small ponytail in back, so now i have this 3-foot-long ponytail clip-on without a use. I'll try the got2be. I already have got2be spiked-up styling gel on hand for my hair, so hopefully that will do well. I'll also test it with the got2be fat-tastic mousse, since it's not like I have a shortage of hair to test this out on. Even though the ash blonde is darker than the titanium, it should still serve its purpose for seeing how the silt works out. maybe i'll try other things, too-- I think I have some of that oily shine spray too, so that may help.

Thanks lots for the suggestions!
Ellorium is offline   Reply With Quote