Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
kala83

would this work as an ed wig?

I am lookig for a wig to use for ED from cowboy bebop I really don't know much about styling wigs (just never done it before) but I think if I got this wig http://www.epiccosplay.com/apple-red...splay-wig.html

and styled it I could have the look fairly easy

just want some quick advise thanks!
current cosplay projects: BlackRose (.hack), Mimiru(.hack/sign),Subaru (.hack/sign), Faye Valentine(cowboy bebop), Ed (cowboy bebop), Super Sailor Saturn (sailor moon) Hikaru (Magic Knight Rayearth), Selphie (Final Fantasy 8)
kala83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I don't think you'd be able to get the crazy volume Ed has. If you're okay with that, though, I think it's a good wig.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Medli (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

since ed goes out to the side id look for a spikeable wig otherwise the sides will show.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

I was browsing Arda's gallery, and several people chose the Magnum style for Ed. It's spikeable.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
I was browsing Arda's gallery, and several people chose the Magnum style for Ed. It's spikeable.
This is what I was going to say. Also the Magun long may be a little better. I recently styled a Roxas wig with the magnum and they started making them thinner so the wefts show a lot more then they use to (the gallery on the site is mostly all old pix from a year or more back when they were thicker). The magnum long however, I was able make the wefts show a lot less when I styled one. (keep in mind these were all styled this year, so the experiences I had with them are within the last few months. In fact I did the Magun in Feb and the magnum long this month)
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
kala83

I'lll take a look at all of those tonight...Kind of new to styling wig so lol I am sure I will be back with more questions but thanks.
current cosplay projects: BlackRose (.hack), Mimiru(.hack/sign),Subaru (.hack/sign), Faye Valentine(cowboy bebop), Ed (cowboy bebop), Super Sailor Saturn (sailor moon) Hikaru (Magic Knight Rayearth), Selphie (Final Fantasy 8)
kala83 is offline   Reply With Quote