Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
allycat6247

Claire Redfield

I'm planning on doing Claire Redfield's outfit from The Darkside Chronicles/Code Veronica. It may not be for a while and am just doing research for now. One question I have is that I don't have many pictures of her; this is one of the only one I have: http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps46563e9f.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures of the other sides (front and back would especially be helpful)? The other question is about the jacket/vest. I am wondering what material it is usually made out of. It looks like leather/pleather. I'm going to look into patterns that would be good for this, so if anyone used any please let me know.

Thanks!
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
starnes82

here's a few pictures of the vest from different angles.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=clair...:28,s:23,i:303
i've seen different styles of her vest. some used leather or denim or they took a dickie's work shirt and cut it down.

Last edited by starnes82 : 09-22-2012 at 02:22 AM.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
RavenDarkness7
I am a creature of night.

When I made my Claire cosplay from Darkside Chronicles I used the same reference picture that starnes82 linked, and a smiliar one to this for her design on the back of the vest. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=claire+redfield+let+me+live+png&um=1&hl=e n&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=582&tbm=isch&tbnid=NeyaxAeTfuP XWM:&imgrefurl=http://cosplaynewb.com/&docid=j9CLqI9zzzNFOM&imgurl=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/190/c/f/Let_Me_Live_ID_by_RedfieldClaire.jpg&w=800&h=821&e i=at9dUNixKce62gWd8oDICg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=225&vp y=126&dur=7607&hovh=227&hovw=222&tx=126&ty=131&sig =106476631208678170701&page=1&tbnh=121&tbnw=123&st art=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:73
As for materials I made mine out of Vinyl, hand painted the design on the vest using acrylic paint, and used acrylic sealer when finished.
For her belt buckle I ordered a plain silver oval buckle and painted the brass knuckle design on it with that "glitter 3d paint" people use on t shirts and such, then painted over it to match the buckle.
In the reference picture that starnes82 provided it shows Claire's choker to be blue striped and its not in game, its just black. (I think the creator of that ref image enhanced it to their liking)
Also in game her belt is not that light of brown its much darker, and her ponytail tie is red not black.
Hope all that helps, if you have any questions just lemmie know. =3
RavenDarkness7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

I'm no expert, having never done a claire outfit for anyone (I tend to stick to Umbrella stuff with what I make) but a lot of the time the jacket looks to be denim, so maybe starting with a red denim jacket with the sleeves cut off will be a good starting point.

The design on the back of the jacket seems to change slightly from game to game but I think the link by RavenDarkness is a great reference to use for the back print.

I hope thats remotely useful input
raykimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
ProjectAlice

The Jacket is definitely pleather, or leather if you wanna go all out. You could use some kind of buff to make it look shinier.

An example here: Vest If I were you, I'd use the pattern of a t-shirt, exclude the sleeves and include a collar.
ProjectAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
RavenDarkness7
I am a creature of night.

No offense to Project Alice but DO NOT GO BY THE MOVIE. Unless you're cosplaying the movie outfits, they are completely inaccurate, and since you said you were going as Darkside Chronicles/Code Veronica which is the Wii shooter game go by the game models/pictures.
RavenDarkness7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
allycat6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDarkness7 View Post
No offense to Project Alice but DO NOT GO BY THE MOVIE. Unless you're cosplaying the movie outfits, they are completely inaccurate, and since you said you were going as Darkside Chronicles/Code Veronica which is the Wii shooter game go by the game models/pictures.
Thanks for letting me know. I haven't watched Afterlife (next on my list of movies to watch). Yeah I was hoping to find some images from the game, but not much luck so far.Yeah, I'm going with the version that I put in my first post which is Darkside Chronicles/Code: Veronica. I will probably go with pleather for the fabric, but need to find a pattern that is close enough to modify first. Thanks for the help so far guys.
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
naomih808

Sorry, just wondering if anyone is selling their Claire Redfield Costumes.??
Would be a very happy buyer. x
naomih808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
allycat6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomih808 View Post
Sorry, just wondering if anyone is selling their Claire Redfield Costumes.??
Would be a very happy buyer. x
What version are you looking at? I've seen places you can buy the vest and sometimes shirt,
but I haven't looked at it too much since I'm planning on making the vest myself.
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
allycat6247

I think I may have found a pattern for the vest (hopefully). I may have a pair of boots that might work, but they are a little lighter than in that picture (I can't tell if they are black or brown in the picture). The only other things I am trying to decide on are gloves and gun (maybe airsoft?)
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
Aruden
S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team

For the gloves check out either some weightlifting or bike gloves. Local Walmart or Targets usually carry some. You can also search for tactical gloves online. As for the gun, simple rule is know your con. A lot of cons don't allow Airsoft in their rules but it all really depends on security. Some cons are super crazy on banning the airsoft others are more relaxed. What I tend to do for cons is use a full rubber training gun like

http://www.amazon.com/Revgear-Econom...s=training+gun

I simply bought a magnum black sharpie to color all but the tip black so it'd look better in photos. Sharpie rubbed of a bit on the gloves/hands but I just touched it up in between shoots and stuff. Since it's full rubber and has zero moving parts I've never had issues dealing with con security.

Cosplay List
Chris Redfield - S.T.A.R.S. Outifit 100%
Bolin - Avatar: Legend of Korra 0%
Maes Hughes - Military Uniform 0%
Next Con
Anime USA 2013
Aruden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
allycat6247

Thanks. I've been thinking about it and I decided I'm going to go with the version from Code: Veronica. It will be easier and cheaper to make. I was thinking of using vinyl for the other one, and JoAnns's was selling it for $16 a yard. So right now, I am looking at what to use for the jacket. I have heard of people using dickies shirts, but the ones I looked at don't seem to have the right collar.
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
allycat6247

I decided to go with the version from Code: Veronica. I ordered an airsoft pistol and should get here on Tuesday. I have everything pretty much figured out, but I am trying to find a good pair of fingerless gloves (hopefully less than $15 or $20 at the most).
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

Code Veronica is defiantly Denim. RE2 is material and the wii games therefore most by also material as well (given when they are set ).
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #15
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

^, lol I meant to say definitely denim, not defiantly denim. Not sure how to edit posts.
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote