Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Member Artwork

Unread 11-11-2002, 08:01 PM   #1
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Artist needed for manga

Hi all,

I know this be on the spam board but I need serious help here. forgive me.

I'm in need of an artist for my manga that I wish to do. It's in the same vein as Galaxy Fraulein Yuna but in a more serious tone.

I'll do the writing and lettering and the artist will do all the artowrk and we will split profits 50/50.

I was working on a radio drama based on this but I'd like that to be a professional production with oriigional music and sound effects.

To read my scripts and info for the manga please go to:
Girl of the Stars

For info and questions please PM me or e-mail me at the URL on that page.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2002, 09:56 PM   #2
Spooky Brew
CosplayWillFuckUpYourLife

I'd love to do that, but I don't think I'll have the time for anything 32 pages long!
Spooky Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #3
Miroku
To the Golden Land!

Sounds interesting. I havent read the script yet. (Couldnt find it anywhere?) And I like the Yuna design sense, but I guess it all depends on how professional this is supposed to look. I am a decent artist, I cant say I am profesional, because, well, Im still learning how to draw and have never had any formal training. But if you want, then please leave a response here on this thread.
Miroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2002, 02:37 PM   #4
kitty_neko

ah! my dream job! ...i dont think im good enough, tho T-T
kitty_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Opps, sorry... I thought there was a ljionk to the scripts on that site... here is info with the scripts and the trailer for my Radio Drama I did.http://www.geocities.com/whistlingwo...dioDramas.html

Miroku & Kitty_Neko - let me see some samples of Galaxy Fraulein Yuna artwork... post them here or PM me a url where I can see them and I'll get back to you.
Unread 11-13-2002, 07:23 PM   #6
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

So, you're asking for many pages of art for no pay unless you make profit? =/ thats really a lot to ask though you may not realize it...
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2002, 07:30 PM   #7
Cassandra
Ultimate Catwoman

I think the hope was that it would be a collaborative process moreso than "do this for me for free!!" Besides the fact that you can't always shell out the money to pay an artist for a beginning project. (I speak from experience since all my KosaiKon artwork was generously donated by my artist friends since the con can't afford to pay a "professional" artist yet.) It would be different if it was an already established project.
Cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #8
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

what do you mean collaborative process there is no way I can do the art since I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. and I don't have any friends who can draw past a 3 year old level.

If you could explain more on that it would be great. I'm willing to pay the artist if I get a job but so far I've been unemployed for over a year and I've been eager to work.

From,
Joe
Unread 11-13-2002, 07:50 PM   #9
peacecraft
Frustrated Illustrator

Its not that unusual actually. I did two issues of a comic for nothing more than the guarantee I'd be published and a cut of net proceeds. It IS a lot of work, but its worth it if you van get a published work on your resume. Then you can ask for cash up front.
Unread 11-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #10
Cassandra
Ultimate Catwoman

collaborative process....you would work together. The project would be the artists just as much as it is yours. Even though it's your storyline and your ideas, they'll be someone else's artwork. (Kinda like how the online comic http://www.penny-arcade.com works....Gabe does all the drawing, Tycho does the writing, they both share the acknowledgement for it and whatever profits happen to arise. Of course, the difference is that they are best friends and have known each other for forever and they've been doing their stuff for a loooooooong time.)

EDIT: I'm assuming you'd be planning on sticking with one (or a few) artist for as long as possible and not switching artists every issue.
Cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2002, 08:11 PM   #11
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

I do plan on constant communication and the artist would have a lot of input into how he thinks things should be done. I'm not going to just let the artist loose but he/she does need some creative art control.

And yes, I'd like to stay with as few artists as possible.

I was planning on saving the issues until I have enough money to self publish unless I find a publisher like Purssia Press (sp?). If I self publish the money to print this would come out of my pocket.

This will get published if I get the whole thing done and the artist will get paid in the end.

FRom,
Joe
Unread 11-14-2002, 05:39 AM   #12
Miroku
To the Golden Land!

hi...me again

I currently dont have any way to show you my artwork. Im going to try and get my scanner working and see if I can find a place to post some images. This might take me a while.

Also, I read your script and thought it was pretty good. I guess I'l get back to you on this thread later if you have any questions for me.
Miroku is offline   Reply With Quote