Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Kiii_chan
Japanese Cowboy Hero~

Exclamation C. Viper wig help!

Hi everyone,

I am making my C.Viper (street fighter) cosplay; here's a pic for who don't know what she looks like ...

So I have a full wig for her hair and it's okay except for the fact that, because it was meant as a normal, down hair wig, you can kind of see my own hair/wigcap at the sides like at the ears etc? Does anyone have any solution for this? I would be so grateful!
Kiii_chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Diamondinmyeye
Save me a piece!

You're going to need to add extensions to hide the holes. There's no other way around it. Honestly, for that style a long haired wig is not the answer. You want a medium length wig that is easy to tie up without showing the cap and lots of extensions to build a foamcore structure and cover it for the braid. You'll have to make a lot of compromises on accuracy otherwise.

Future Cosplays:
Princess Bubblegum-Adventure Time
The Flower Card-Cardcaptor Sakura
Rika Furude(school outfit)-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Diamondinmyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
FeyMeggan

I would say this wig needs to be built of three parts.
1) A wig with a lace front to get a nice 'pulled back' look(preferably long enough to pull to the nape of the neck)
2)Extensions and foamcore to make the 'faux-hawk' start to her braid. This needs to be long enough to also reach the nape of the neck.
3)Extensions to make the braid that extends down her back.

If done correctly you can hide the blending of the three parts pretty easily, and hide the meeting at the back of the neck. It will also keep the weight down since it will require the least amount of wig hair to complete it. It will also help with the colours(assuming you're doing this colour set up?) since you'll be able to mix a couple packs of extensions to make the wig parts.

A long wig won't have enough fiber, will be only thick right at the crown(since most of the hair will originate from there), and the weft's'll be spaced very far apart. Often with complex wigs it's best to NOT think of them as though you're using real hair...cause if this were real hair it would go down to the floor and weigh more than a small toddler.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote