Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Weekend Atlanta

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
AWA this weekend! ..Alone ><;

So AWA is this weekend! (Anime Weekend Atlanta).
And i'm going by myself.. Unfortunately..
So i KNOW i'll be meeting random people up their and Roleplay fighting a bit, but i want to meet up with someone their?
I don't know anyone personally that cosplay, so kinda on my own 100% even when not Cosplaying.
So ahead of time, is their anyone that would like to meet up and hang out the whole time? Looking for new friends as well; haha. I don't mind texting or Facebook, etc; lol.
I'll be their Saturday, who knows what time. But i will be their all day.

(Also, for a side note, am i allowed to bring outside food into the Con)?
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Same situation here ._. I know friends that are going, but nobody has posted cosplay plans, and none are from the same series as me, so I dunno what to look for ;-;
Who are you going to be and from what? That might help you find people who will be better friends than someone who has no idea what it is ^^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Same situation here ._. I know friends that are going, but nobody has posted cosplay plans, and none are from the same series as me, so I dunno what to look for ;-;
Who are you going to be and from what? That might help you find people who will be better friends than someone who has no idea what it is ^^

I am going as Allen Walker from D. Gray Man
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Same situation here ._. I know friends that are going, but nobody has posted cosplay plans, and none are from the same series as me, so I dunno what to look for ;-;
Who are you going to be and from what? That might help you find people who will be better friends than someone who has no idea what it is ^^
Though i do not care if someone is from the same Anime as i am. (Honestly, i don't even like D Gray Man all that much anymore)
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
evaunit01berser
Banned
 
evaunit01berser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
You should check the awa boards more often.

Honestly though, there seems to be an upsurge of guys complaining they are going alone, whatever happened to introducing yourself and getting into some social circles at the con
__________________
Looking for a room at the convention? Can't find one? We can find you one!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZUE6M Q#gid=0
evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaunit01berser View Post
You should check the awa boards more often.

Honestly though, there seems to be an upsurge of guys complaining they are going alone, whatever happened to introducing yourself and getting into some social circles at the con
That's what im saying haha! I know ima meet people their, but ahead of time i wish to find someone to just hang with the whole time
Not specifically a girl but just anyone lol. ^^
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
evaunit01berser
Banned
 
evaunit01berser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xekaz View Post
That's what im saying haha! I know ima meet people their, but ahead of time i wish to find someone to just hang with the whole time
Not specifically a girl but just anyone lol. ^^
Go to the main awa boards, a lot more people then it seems here are responsive. My only gripe is that they got into a conversation about what medications they take and it sorta made me just avoid the thread
__________________
Looking for a room at the convention? Can't find one? We can find you one!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZUE6M Q#gid=0
evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaunit01berser View Post
Go to the main awa boards, a lot more people then it seems here are responsive. My only gripe is that they got into a conversation about what medications they take and it sorta made me just avoid the thread
Hahaha! Wow i hate when things get completely irrelevant.. xD
But thanks! I'll check it out now!
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Celine
Remember me?
 
Celine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,248
This really shouldn't be an issue for you! Cons are full of people that, like you, enjoy anime/games/cosplay/etc. Just about everyone there has similar interests and most are super happy to talk about them with total strangers. It's pretty easy to break the ice with "Hey I like your costume..." and go from there.

Almost nobody I know is going, absolutely nobody is doing characters that match mine, but somehow I'm not at all worried. I'll be around on Saturday as Terra from FF6- just look for green hair and red dress and say hello. It's very vibrant.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
This really shouldn't be an issue for you! Cons are full of people that, like you, enjoy anime/games/cosplay/etc. Just about everyone there has similar interests and most are super happy to talk about them with total strangers. It's pretty easy to break the ice with "Hey I like your costume..." and go from there.

Almost nobody I know is going, absolutely nobody is doing characters that match mine, but somehow I'm not at all worried. I'll be around on Saturday as Terra from FF6- just look for green hair and red dress and say hello. It's very vibrant.
Haha, i'm not worried at all! I'm rather excited to go alone and meet new people!

And i will definitely be looking for you! haha!
I'll be Allen Walker (D Gray Man) :3
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
evaunit01berser
Banned
 
evaunit01berser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xekaz View Post
Haha, i'm not worried at all! I'm rather excited to go alone and meet new people!

And i will definitely be looking for you! haha!
I'll be Allen Walker (D Gray Man) :3
Won't be too hard to miss me, just look for the giant charlotte in my costume list
__________________
Looking for a room at the convention? Can't find one? We can find you one!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZUE6M Q#gid=0
evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #12
Unaki
Registered User
 
Unaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 175
You can find me as Ulquiorra Friday night and Date Masamune Saturday.
Unaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaunit01berser View Post
Won't be too hard to miss me, just look for the giant charlotte in my costume list
Sweet!
Know there shall be pics! haha.
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Xekaz
Ruler of Empherie
 
Xekaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
You can find me as Ulquiorra Friday night and Date Masamune Saturday.
Alright, will be looking for you as well!

Now to remember all 3 of you before 4 days from now hahaha.
Xekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
xkuroshinigamix
xxkuroshinigamixx
 
xkuroshinigamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10
I'll be going alone as well,i'll be cosplaying Alma from F.E.A.R.Gah i'm nervous about it though though xD.Darn my shyness...
__________________
AWA 2012 cosplay:Alma Wade(F.E.A.R) for the whole 3 days :3

vvv fav Norman Jayden quotes <3333
"Nahman Jayden,Eff-Bee_Eye"
"Ahm,heh ta see PACK-o"
"Blake,You are an unbalanced,psychopathic,ASSHOLE!"
"Ahm stahtin ta think i spend most of my time gettin' the shit kicked outta me"
xkuroshinigamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.