Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Khos
Impossible doesn't exist.

How many wigs do you have?

So, I've recently found myself window shopping for wigs on eBay just about as much as I eat food and breathe oxygen. It's getting to be an obsession of mine, even when I don't have costumes to fit the wigs I want! The possibility that I might someday own tons of wigs and have walls lined with wigs and wig heads got me thinking...just how many wigs does the average cosplayer own? Do you have way more than you'll ever need to the point of needing some kind of intervention, or do you have a select few that you constantly reuse from costume to costume?

Personally, as of right now, I only have two. This one and this one. I adore them both and wish I could wear them everyday. I've seen about twenty more that I want! I think wigs are probably the funnest thing about cosplay for me. :3

MTAC 2013 -
Usagi Tsukino - Friday
Pink Ball Gown (Friday Night)
??? - Saturday
??? - Sunday
Khos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Kennykins

Agghhh so many /)___(\ I have... six cosplay wigs but I have way too many natural everyday styles. And they get thrown away and replaced and.... yeah I have a problem.
Kennykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Khos
Impossible doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennykins View Post
Agghhh so many /)___(\ I have... six cosplay wigs but I have way too many natural everyday styles. And they get thrown away and replaced and.... yeah I have a problem.
That's my problem, too! I mean, I haven't bought any besides the two that I posted (except for like...years ago. I bought a white one and a short pink one, but don't have them anymore...), but I see so many styles on eBay that I want to buy simply because they're normal enough looking that I'd be able to wear them to work and school. Sure as hell beats growing my hair out! XD

MTAC 2013 -
Usagi Tsukino - Friday
Pink Ball Gown (Friday Night)
??? - Saturday
??? - Sunday
Khos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
patriciarakel

I've got... three. I think... Yes! Three. Or, at least, three good wigs. One long straight black wig, one long straight dark brown wig, and one long curly/wavy auburn wig. I'm going to be getting a long curly blonde wig soon and a short orange wig with a matching clip on pony. Possibly also getting a thick, medium-length brown wig for a Legend of Korra cosplay. I window shop, too. It's a bit of an obsession of mine. I just about died when Arda took down their website for updates. XD I wish I had more wigs, but I'm broke, and can't justify it to myself, especially when so many of my cosplays can be done with my own hair and a little styling.

EDIT: I LIED! I have four. The before mentioned three, PLUS a short spiky pink wig! I've worn it out before and it's awesome. Looks like real hair. I got so many compliments when I wore it to the thrift store. XD
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)

Last edited by patriciarakel : 05-31-2012 at 08:15 PM.
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
RitsukaFlame
The Ice Doll

I have three owo A Rainbow one which you can see in my avatar, a long blonde one, and a short red/brown wig owo

I usually just get what I can find for a good price X3 All my wigs I've gotten brand new for like 10-16 dollars with free shipping on ebay x3 I usually buy them as I purchase a cosplay or finalize on a cosplay that I'm going to do because if I didn't, I'd be going spend crazy xDDD Cuz there are way too many gorgeous wigs!!!

I actually wear all of them around in public x3 My favorite to wear is the rainbow one because it draws everyone's stares, and I get people asking me if it's my real hair, and asking me if I dyed it!!! Someone at my college actually stopped me to ask about it and then when I went to a buffet for Mother's Day with my family, this one adorable guy who worked there was like, "YOUR HAIR COULD MAKE ANGEL'S CRY! <3" And I was like sdnflkdsnflkdsnfkldsnfkldsnklf Every single time I passed him he made a cute comment xD And some people obviously didn't like it, but little kids were really happy when I went by, so it's a pretty fun experience wearing unnatural cosplay wig colors in public~ I actually may be purchasing more in the future just for that purpose x3

Gah ; n ; I rambled again ; n ; -flails- Sorry about that!!

Be sure to check out my youtube for my voice over dubs of anime: FlameLOLZ
RitsukaFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

I have like 8....... But most get reused. I did get addicted w mine but I know friends who have more. I just keep a spot on my shelf that has a basket In which my none styled ones sit n then two wig heads that have my stylized ones under plastic.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I currently own seven. An old, cheaper wig I used for Sai/re-used for Yuffie, a blonde wig I used once for Vexen and then turned into my "guinea pig" wig, wigs for Zexion, Aoi from Jihai, and Schala, and I have two still waiting to be styled into an elf ranger and Quorra. My boyfriend's Magus wig, which I made, also spent an awful lot of time at my house before being retired. Three are on my top closet shelf on wig heads, and the rest are stored in their bags either in a drawer or beside the head-styled ones in a small stack.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
pink-lemonade

Right now I have three with a fourth on the way. ^.^
I totally agree with you though. If I'm ever bored, I usually find myself browsing through Ebay's wigs and staring longingly at them all.
Nico Yazawa [super idol] (Love Live!) - ?
Mirai Kuriyama [idol ver.] (Kyoukai no Kanata) - Anime North '15
Junko Enoshima (Dangan Ronpa) - Anime North '15
Takane Shijou [Forever Star] (iDOLM@STER) - Anime North '15
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
KatakanaX
Wig Obsessor

I currently own... 5, 6 and 7 coming soon. But I've had 2 more that I sold. A short black spiky one, a long blue and black layered one, a short pink bob, a long curly/wavy auburn one, and a short maroon one. The ones I sold were an ash blonde pigtail set and a Kagamine Len wig that was horrid. Every waking hour I look at wigs, and I lose track of time and my boyfriend gets mad at me for not texting him back xD

Having trouble looking for a component of your cosplay? I can help you find it! www.cosplaycompanion.net
KatakanaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I would have over 35 if I didn't try to sell them, currently I think I have close to 18.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
Kaminess

14-16 wigs? Probably more that I'm forgetting..
Kaminess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
touchmon
Make All The Things!

A lot. I have to say around 15. >_> The bad part is that I still haven't used a couple of them in cosplay yet. I just have them stored away. I really should start selling some of them off...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
lulu.doll

um... 5 ?

1) Wavy/curly light brown wig that came with 2 ponytail clips, natural looking but the color doesnt suit me

2) short, auburn wig that also looks natural and i love wearing it... but it disappeared TTATT

3 and 4) 2 blonde wigs - one specifically for SeeU cosplay and it's a nice orangey-strawberry blonde color while the other one, I got without double checking the color for SeeU but ended up realizing my mistake too late... the seller sent it to me (after) she reversed my payment and never asked for it back... it's a platinum blonde-ish color - and both wigs are about 100cm?

5) My blue Miku wig where the pigtails are nearly dead... the short bob base is ok tho~ lol

6) I don't have it -yet- but im getting another wig for Panty IF the blonde one i already have doesnt work out o3o
lulu.doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #14
Animegirl13

I have two >_<...

1. A Temari wig (which you can see if my icon) which isn't my most favourite wig (or most comfortable), though I'm still kinda proud of my styling attempts ^^;

2. A wavy Luka wig (a lot like the pink one you have!) which I absolutely ADORE to pieces <3 The colour, the length, the style...the only thing is it's kinda hard to brush, since you can't really brush it because the waves come out.

I'm also planning on getting an Izumo Kamiki wig (from Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist, you can google if you don't know who she is ) when I get enough money, and I can tell I'm gonna love that wig too :3

~Temari- Chunin Exam Arc (Naruto)
~Megurine Luka (Magnet)- Vocaloid)
~Megurine Luka (Just Be Friends)- Vocaloid)
~Temari (Sasuke Retrieval Arc)- Naruto)
~Shirley Fenette- Code Geass
~Izumo Kamiki- Ao No Exorcist
~Megurine Luka (Matryoshka)- Vocaloid
~Princess Tutu- Princess Tutu

In-Progress

~Sayaka Miki (Magical Girl Version)- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

deviantART
Animegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #15
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciarakel View Post
I just about died when Arda took down their website for updates. XD
This.

I currently have 4 wigs, 5 if you count doll's flower hair piece. I would also have 5 if one of my wigs wasn't two sewn together. I have Inga's hair which is a 40" wig with spikes on the side and a second one sewn on top to form a hair poof and a high pony tail. Then there's a short wine red wig with two matching pony tail clips (slightly curled) for Mey-Rin. Both of those were from eBay. I have a yellowish blonde scruffy from coscom for Shizuo, and a long purple wig from EpicCosplay. They are sending a replacement for it now, but we'll see which one I like more. xD

I will soon be buying: a Victoria in Spanish brown from Arda, a long dark purple wig from somewhere, and a red wig with lots of matching wefts to form Etna from Disgaea's hair

So, right now 4/5, soon 7/8

Last edited by Falclon : 06-02-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote