Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Red face New cosplayer from NYC

Very new to all of this, (although I've been wanting to cosplay for years now) and I know no one who cosplays. My sister who is even more of a geek than I am, isn't really into cosplaying. So I have no one really, and I will be going to this year's NYCC and maybe I meet people there, but this is me here hoping to make some internet friends and compliment other people's costumes. Also I want to order take out but I have no money in cash wahh
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Hey! Welcome to the NYC cosplay community! My fiance and I are both attending NYCC this year, and are natives of the city. Maybe we can meet up there!
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Abigail Brand, Xorn (with Raze)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc
 
Kumoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 986
Welcome to cosplay.com! Ooh, you're doing Fang? Nice <3
__________________
DeviantArt - Tumblr - Youtube

Planned Cosplays:
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
(Suggestions are always welcome~)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Hey! Welcome to the NYC cosplay community! My fiance and I are both attending NYCC this year, and are natives of the city. Maybe we can meet up there!
That's great! Are you guys going to be in costume?
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoshi View Post
Welcome to cosplay.com! Ooh, you're doing Fang? Nice <3
Yes! Which reminds me I need to work on my cosplay XD
I see you are doing Hope, is everything going well? Hopefully I find FF13 characters in the conventions because according to this website I will be the only one T_T
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppycakeXD View Post
That's great! Are you guys going to be in costume?
Yep! We've got an all-comic line up this year. I'll be Rogue, Arwyn, and the Condesce, and he'll be Gambit, Gareth, and Lord English, respectively.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Abigail Brand, Xorn (with Raze)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler
 
BruisedBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,349
welcome

Im also from NYC ^_^ ill be your friend i understand how you feel none of my friends cosplay with me
__________________
[color="Black"]
~Next con Attending~
AnimeNext/NYCC :3
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")

*Contact me on skype ID:emorawrtastic :'3
*Contact me on Facebook :3
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hayden.davatilshi

BruisedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Akune-chan
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppycakeXD View Post
Very new to all of this, (although I've been wanting to cosplay for years now) and I know no one who cosplays. My sister who is even more of a geek than I am, isn't really into cosplaying. So I have no one really, and I will be going to this year's NYCC and maybe I meet people there, but this is me here hoping to make some internet friends and compliment other people's costumes. Also I want to order take out but I have no money in cash wahh
Welcome hon!
Feel free to join my cosplay group that is going to appear at NYCC 2012. :]
  Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Not very familiar with Gareth and Arwyn (Had to google them and i loved their designs), but I'm liking your line up! Been admiring Rogue since X-Men Evolution, and I am curious about how you will work out your hair for the Condensce? Maybe I'll recognize you
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Welcome hon!
Feel free to join my cosplay group that is going to appear at NYCC 2012. :]
Your cosplay group sounds big how many will be attending? Too bad I already planned my costumes but I would love to!
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
Ventus
Youthful Dreamer
 
Ventus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 64
Welcome to party of..cosplayerz.
Ur doing Fang from FFXIII? Theres goin to be a ff group meet up Sat.
I jus moved to NYC last year & I went to comic con by myself..wasn't fun. So propz for u to searchin out friends b4 goin..cuz 7 hours a day with limited things to do on ur own..is not cool.
Ventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc
 
Kumoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppycakeXD View Post
Yes! Which reminds me I need to work on my cosplay XD
I see you are doing Hope, is everything going well? Hopefully I find FF13 characters in the conventions because according to this website I will be the only one T_T
Yeah, so far so good (: Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of FF13 cosplayers there, there's always been at least a couple at every con I went to ^-^
__________________
DeviantArt - Tumblr - Youtube

Planned Cosplays:
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
(Suggestions are always welcome~)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppycakeXD View Post
Not very familiar with Gareth and Arwyn (Had to google them and i loved their designs), but I'm liking your line up! Been admiring Rogue since X-Men Evolution, and I am curious about how you will work out your hair for the Condensce? Maybe I'll recognize you
They're not all the popular, since their company went out of business eight years ago, but Arwyn is my favorite comic book character. She got me into comics to begin with! I'm glad you like them!

I will be in this Rogue costume, which isn't usually as popular as her older outfit, so maybe I'll be recognizable as her! For the Condesce, I basically accepted that her real hair was outside the boundaries of my cosplay abilities, my budget, and reality. I'm instead going to be wearing the 100cm Holly wig sold by this site. It's the most hair I could both afford and reasonably expect to control and drag around a con. x3
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Abigail Brand, Xorn (with Raze)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #14
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruisedBlood View Post
welcome

Im also from NYC ^_^ ill be your friend i understand how you feel none of my friends cosplay with me
that's wonderful, will you be cosplaying at NYCC?
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #15
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm
 
CuppycakeXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoshi View Post
Yeah, so far so good (: Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of FF13 cosplayers there, there's always been at least a couple at every con I went to ^-^
Good luck with your cosplay!

I don't doubt it, it's pretty popular
__________________

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.