Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #16
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Yup! :3 There's quite a few aspects I'd like to change as well, but mostly changes in fabrics and materials. I used the same faux fur fabric for the shirt as I did for the cape, for instance, when the shirt should have shorter fur. I'd probably try to find something as close to the original faux fur I used as possible for the cape (I have some left over, but probably not enough), but line it this time with the shorter shirt fur fabric so it looks more finished, same with the mask hood.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
Atashi~
Rawr!

I want to redo my Rikku cosplay. New daggers and adding the little missing details.
But that something for the next summer.
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I wanna remake my Prince Soma cosplay ( or atleast the blue overcoat) its Wrong fabric...But we'll see when that happends and Hotaru Tomoe ,the school unifrom version. I think I am soo much better nao at making skirts nao :>

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 10 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #19
pltshp
i did what i have to do

That's pretty much what I did with Gary, though I can't actually sew the costume myself. The first incarnation was almost purely eBay-bought and, to be blunt, it was bad. I didn't see it at the time because it was my first costume, but looking back it's cringey as all hell. The second was slightly better, with a commissioned shirt and more accurate jeans, but it still wasn't what I wanted. And the third is pretty much what I'm happy with, with a newly commissioned shirt, wig, boots and added extras like the cape, though it took over a year for me to get to this point. I consider it more remaking than I do renovating, since I pretty much replaced every item of the cosplay save for the necklace, since that's actually served me pretty well.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I've never seen anyone cosplay as Violet
Your cosplay is awesome!
I want to get really good at sewing so I can remake parts of my Sweeney Todd costume
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #21
MalteseLizzie

SweeneyTodd, thank you
Your Sweeney Todd costume looks great already, though I think the trousers would look amazing if you could somehow make them look old and weathered (I've seen people make jeans look old by treating them with salt water)

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog

Last edited by MalteseLizzie : 10-07-2012 at 09:54 AM.
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
MotherSilver

I'm actually redoing my Amaterasu to make the kimono much more detailed, and making it multiple layers. Now that I've made a few costumes and have had a bit of practice, I can advance my skills a bit by trying the next level! I'm actually excited, because I've never thought I could get this far. Now I can try more complicated costumes as long as I take my time and keep checking everything. <3

I am also going to be adjusting my boyfriends Amaterasu, keeping it the same I just need to add a few more pieces to his. That way when we wear ours together they both look awesome! I'm happy with my Amaterasu, but I am glad to be remaking it, it was my first costume and I know it wasn't amazing, but it was still pretty decent. And now I can make it even more awesome!
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
MalteseLizzie

MotherSilver, I love your Amaterasu kimono It looks great now, so it's going to look incredible if you remake it.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Oh gosh, if I could go back and have the love for the Kingdom Hearts fandom I did back then, I would love to redo my Riku cosplay (even without pictures, I know it was utterly craptastic).
And, while it wouldn't be the same version, I would love to redo Ciel when I can justify getting a new wig (and possibly when my friends don't have such a burning interest for Black Butler..mainly what's putting me off). While that was an excellent cosplay (even better than some I do now, just by chance), I knew nothing about posing, makeup, and etc and was heavier than I am now. It would be great to go back and look on it with a 'how far I've come since my first decent costume' sort of outlook. That may also be saved for when I can do an equally as fancy version as my first try, though.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
MotherSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseLizzie View Post
MotherSilver, I love your Amaterasu kimono It looks great now, so it's going to look incredible if you remake it.
Thanks hun, my favorite piece is going to be the wings <3 My side wings are cute but I'm actually going to make small fluffy wings.

I actually like the idea of remaking costumes, I mean if it isn't broke, don't mess with it, but it's always nice to keep adding details and making things new for it! It just adds to the awesomeness of the current costume!
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Well I dont have to remake the whole thing, but I definietly like to revamp my Asuka costume from Yugioh GX. Im looking to buy gold snap buttons to use instead of the small black ones I have. But back when I was looking for buttons to use, my sister discouraged me from using them because im not familiar with using them. But I have scrap fabric I can use to practice on before I put them in my actual costume.
I also have to make adjustments so that it fits me better, like a slim fit.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold

Last edited by zeochan : 10-07-2012 at 01:41 PM.
zeochan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #27
jounink
Holla!

I want to remake my Fran - FF12 and T-elos - Xenosaga SO BAD T^T I hate looking at them now
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I wanna redo the shirt form my korra cosplay...and Hotaru Tomoe's school uniform,I hate how they look! T.T

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 10 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseLizzie View Post
SweeneyTodd, thank you
Your Sweeney Todd costume looks great already, though I think the trousers would look amazing if you could somehow make them look old and weathered (I've seen people make jeans look old by treating them with salt water)
Thank you!
My pants are just wrong in general. Eventually I will by period-correct pants and weather them, but that will happen after I upgrade my CJS costume (updating to OST and have to upgrade existing costume items). My primary concern now is CJS lol
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

I've revamped my B-wing pilot three times now, and I'm still making changes to it.
Though there are some other costumes I would like to go back and improve in the future: mainly, my Sajin Komamura (which just needs a bit of general polishing and to swap out a few things) and my Gihren Zabi that badly needs a new wig, and I may need to bring it in a little since I've lost weight.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote