Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #121
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I hope I can change my costume in time. The pre-reg line on Friday was effing ridiculous, and the Doubletree rudely yells at you that you can't check in til 3. And it takes me about an hour to get into Quorra with full makeup (about ten minutes to get the clothing and armour on, ten to hook up electronics, half an hour to do my makeup, ten minutes to get my wig on).
Really?

You would think they would want to get people into open rooms as quickly as possible.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #122
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, boyfriend and I last year walked up to the desk at about 2 just after arriving, and asked if we were able to check in yet, to get a rude "No! Three o'clock! Line's over there!" (And not even the "official" roped line, more like shoved against the wall). Yeah, there's a line of twenty people, he is STANDING AROUND AT THE DESK for the most part, and absolutely nobody in it was allowed to check in until 3. Does it really take a hotel that damn long from checkout to checkin to have even some of their rooms ready? Sheesh. At the Crowne Plaza in 2010 we came a bit early and they said we could check in right then, the Rad we were early too, BUT the giant check-in line didn't have us getting our room early... so boyfriend and I are getting our badges first with luggage in tow, since we'll get to the con at 1:30 and I'm not wasting time standing around in the lobby for the hour and a half prior.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #123
xshedevilx
- Kami -

Will be there Friday as Ms.Marvel, the boyfriend will be going as The Punisher, luckily we always check-in on Thursdays so no issues there!
xshedevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #124
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, spent the evening watching Tron: Legacy for the umpteenth time. GAH I CAN'T WAIT TO STRUT AROUND IN QUORRA. I just hope it'll be dimly lit enough at the shoot that my lights are actually visible. Turning up the brightness tends to eat up my batteries and requires dismantling my electronics box to get to the knob.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote