Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
patriciarakel

Cosplay Video Collaboration

Hi! I've been on coscom for a while now, and I know that anytime I have a cosplay-related question, I can turn here for help. So, recently, myself and several friends started a cosplay collaboration channel on youtube called Cosplay Declassified (http://www.youtube.com/user/CosplayDeclassified). We've just started, and we're looking for some topics to talk about. How the channel works is that every week, we have a topic, and a different collaborator posts a video on the topic on their specific day (Monday through Friday). Our goal is that one day we get our topics from our viewers, but since we're just beginning and don't have many viewers yet, I was wondering if any of you had some suggestions for topics. We really want our channel to be fun and entertaining as well as informative for cosplayers of all levels. So, are there any topics that you wish people in the cosplay community would talk about more? Or things that you wish someone would have told you before you started cosplaying? We'd all really appreciate the help, as well as any feedback you might have on what we've done so far. We really just want to make our channel as interactive and interesting as possible, both for ourselves and our viewers.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
jrockfreak

Ill defiantly check you guys out. how about the topic of your not a real cosplayer if you buy your cosplay
jrockfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
patriciarakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockfreak View Post
Ill defiantly check you guys out. how about the topic of your not a real cosplayer if you buy your cosplay
That's a great idea for a topic! I know there are a ton of people out there on both ends of the spectrum, and there are a lot of people who are nervous about buying costumes because of the elitists out there who see purchased costumes as "not real" cosplay.
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciarakel View Post
That's a great idea for a topic! I know there are a ton of people out there on both ends of the spectrum, and there are a lot of people who are nervous about buying costumes because of the elitists out there who see purchased costumes as "not real" cosplay.
Speaking of that, some conventions like the San Diego Comic Con ban purchased costumes from the masquerades: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/masquerade
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
patriciarakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediofTime View Post
Speaking of that, some conventions like the San Diego Comic Con ban purchased costumes from the masquerades: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/masquerade
That's understandable. The Masquerade is a costume contest. It would be unfair if it allowed people who purchased professionally made costumes to compete along with people who made their own costumes. I can't even enter most masquerades because the majority of my cosplays are "found" pieces and I didn't make the majority of the costume.
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year: