Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
NyuXan
Ramen Eater

Strange Cosplaying Stories?

Just share away in this thread.
For my story
I was cosplaying as Amu for the second time in school. This one girl I didn't know hugged me and picked me up ( I was squirming to get free from her grasp) and started complementing my cosplay. I was scared you know...
NyuXan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.

I was dressed as Thief Rikku and had some random guy come up to me and say "RINOA!" I just shook my head, then "YUNA!" I shook my head again. He just stared at me then asked me to dance, I politely said "No thanks" seeing as how I don't want to A) Dance with some random person and B) Dance with some random person in the halls of the convention.

He then got irate, insulted me, GRABBED MY BOOB, and fled as quickly as possible. I stood there, dumbfounded. I reported him to security, but who knows if he was ever found.
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira

Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
pink-lemonade

I was cosplaying Madoka along with my friend as Homura. This middle aged man came up to me and asked for a picture which I agreed and asked "Would you like Homura in the picture as well?" He gave me a deadpan serious expression and said in a completely flat voice "No. Just you." I was pretty weirded out.
Nico Yazawa [super idol] (Love Live!) - ?
Mirai Kuriyama [idol ver.] (Kyoukai no Kanata) - Anime North '15
Junko Enoshima (Dangan Ronpa) - Anime North '15
Takane Shijou [Forever Star] (iDOLM@STER) - Anime North '15
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
ghosgreen

I don't have any stories that are too weird. Ummm I was dressed as Turkey and a random Northern Italy came up to me and asked if I wanted to play the pocky game. There was a few things that was confuzzling me. One being caught totally off guard someone would even ask me to play and second it's Northern Italy. Last I checked there really wasn't anything between the two. So yeah completely caught off guard and it was an awkward moment for me.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
Moonsong
daughter of evil

More of a "douchebag" story than anything, but I was at a Hetalia photoshoot once and there was an England who had recently had a nasty leg injury of some kind. Guess where some idiot America cosplayer decided to kick her? Yep. Right in the injured leg. Poor girl was crying in pain... I felt so bad even though I didn't even know her..(And the America cosplayer did, too), but none of that would have happened if people would learn to NOT KICK OTHER PEOPLE. I don't CARE if you're in-character.

Anime Expo & Otakon

★Shizuma (Strawberry Panic!) - 50% complete
★Saber EXTRA - 85% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #6
TheCosplayFox
What the hell?

I believe I may have been in my Haruko cosplay not sure but there were a lot of drunk people wandering around and some guy kept staring at me from where he was which was across the room basically. I guess he liked me, he was just kind of standing there swaying back and forth due to him being intoxicated obviously and he waved me to me so I waved back just because I didn't want to be rude. As soon as he saw me wave back his entire face lit up and he made a "sexy face" licked his finger dragged it down his body and rubbed his nipple while winking at me and started walking over to me. I laughed and just walked away he looked so confused.

If your that intoxicated don't wander around the con.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Sashi
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I was cosplaying Fuu at a gamin expo where some weirdo came up to me and asked if I believed in Jesus?It was really a WTF moment!!!
Then he proceeded saying that he wants to pray for me.I was dumbstruck but realised that this guy was just being a jerk!I didn't really respond much to what he was saying and when he walked away he was laughing and probably didn't notice that I could still see him.

Another time,I was attacked by someone wielding a sharpie...ugh,no good came out of that.I immediately reported it and even the cops were called in!
Sashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
Mogami Kyouko
bow tie collector

There have been two separate incidents where I was hit on by someone wearing a costume of the same character that I was. One time was at a rave and the other was a guy, the other time was from a photoshoot and the other was a girl. In both instances it traveled into a very strange narcissistic place.

I went to one of the twilight movie release nights at Borders with a friend of mine while dressed as Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight. Somehow, I ended up running up and down the aisle with a bat hand puppet making screeching noises at the line I wasn't a part of.
I also went to the release of the last Harry Potter while dressed as Riku from KH. I had to go in costume since it was released on the same night as Otakon was taking place. Somehow, I ended up riding my keyblade like a broomstick down the aisle.
Somehow, I get the feeling that I'm usually the anecdote to other people's weird con stories.

...one of my personal favorite costume stories wasn't intentional. I was wearing a Gryffindor blazer and tie with a plaid skirt while doing my Christmas shopping last year. The sales clerk asked me if the private schools were on break yet. It took so much effort not to laugh when I explained that I was in college and it was book paraphernalia...

• * Ulrich - Code Lyoko S4 Real World Outfit - 85%
    * Potentially Wreck-it-Ralph from eponymous - 15%
    * Potentially Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica - 0%
Mogami Kyouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Chibi Mathilda

At the latest convention (here in Belgium that is ^^") I was cosplayed as Conchita (Meiko's song from Vocaloid) and all of a sudden a small Rin cosplayer walked up to me, asking me for a hug. I said yes. She then asked if they were real and when I asked what she meant with that, she just squeezed my boobs before walking away declaring that they were indeed real 0.0

I really was too shocked to react at the moment (since the girl was only 12 I thought...) and afterwards I kept hugging my breasts to my chest because I was afraid that someone would repeat it.

It was the first time it happened to me but I really can't understand why someone would do something like that... So yeah that was definatly a weird experience (one I hope never repeats itself)

Keep smiling... It makes people wonder what you are up to.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosplays I'm sure I will be doing:
- Gumi (a whole load of different dresses from her ^^)
Chibi Mathilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Slum Drunk
The Slum Drunk

When my (ex) and I did Reno and Rude, a guy came up to us and pulled out two condoms, winked at us and said "I have a thing for suits."

Maria: SIlent HIll 2 - CONvergence - 2012
Slum Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
RukiIsAPanda
RukiIsAPanda

One year while staying at the hotel next to the anime convention, I'd gone to the pool for a swim with my friends. While walking back to our rooms to shower and change, a guy dressed as Zelda ran by with scissors and cut the string tie to my bikini and ran into an awaiting elevator !! Thankfully, the top was tied around my neck and stayed on, and my friend was kind enough to quickly wrap his towel around my torso. I was very upset and also had no top to swim the next two nights.
RukiIsAPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

I got some weeeeird stuff during ACen this year. Particularly while dressed as Lunatic, from Tiger & Bunny. Not pervy stuff like most of these stories, though, just... weird. For instance, despite the fact that I was dressed as a creepy pyromaniac vigilante (wearing a mask that left nothing of me visible including my eyes, for the record):

- Standing by the balcony railing and "surveying the area for evildoers in need of punishment", I suddenly saw something out of the corner of my very limited peripheral vision, like something was hanging in the air next to my head. I turned slightly to see someone's HAND just hovering there. Turned the other way and saw that a guy had dropped his arm around my shoulders, just not all the way down so that he was touching me - more like he was making it LOOK LIKE he had his arm around me. ...Being Lunatic, I said nothing, and pointed my flaming bowgun at him. He left.

- Another guy came up the escalator, staring at me. I stared back, figuring if he was interested in the creepy character, I'd be creepy for him. When he got to the top, he peered at me and reached out a finger towards my arm and asked "What's this?" Before I could even look down, he did the ol' flick-finger-up-in-the-face trick. Except I hadn't looked down. He just did this and walked off, never even cracking a smile like he'd pulled one over on someone, looking dead serious. ...What was the point of that, if you weren't even going to laugh over it?

- A girl that smelled very strongly of liquor wanted a picture hugging the freaky killer guy, and asked me AFTER putting her arm around me (good thing I didn't mind). ...Okay, I'll admit that his secret identity is sort of a woobie, but you'd have to be pretty drunk to put your hands anywhere near Lunatic - and the fumes alone would probably have caused her to burst into flame. XD
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
SA2R
King of the Skies

Hmmm the weirdest thing that happens to me, is people taking pictures of my face...just my face. It has happened more times than I can count, at most cons/events that I have attended. Some people ask for pictures of just my face, not my costume, prop or w/e. just my face OAo.
I mean I had one dude talking to his friend, looks at me for one sec, whip out his cam, takes a quick picture of my face, and then turns back to his friend continuing the conversation.

Best I can tell~ I must be funny looking XD

Prince Ludwig...........ルードヴィッヒ革命
Takuto Tsunashi...........STAR DRIVER
Haruto...........Valvrave the Liberator
Leddo................Suisei no Gargantia
Red Mist.........................KICK-ASS
Rui....................Gatchaman Crowds
Yukine.............................Noragami
Hoozuki..............Hoozuki no reitetsu
Ringabel...................Bravely default

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Short story, but at AnimeNEXT last year, while I was cosplaying Time Skip Nico Robin from One Piece, a guy came up to me and asked to poke me in my stomach. I'm...really not sure why he wanted to. But I kept on telling him no, and he kept on bothering me about it for a few minutes. He finally gave up and walked away. But yeah, that was my strangest moment.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Nikineko
Emergency Induction Port

Not so much strange but just amusing. At ACen 2011 my friends and I were getting ready for bed...all was quiet when we heard from one of the balconies near our room, "It's my money and I want it now!" We couldn't stop laughing. ^_^
Nikineko is offline   Reply With Quote