Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Unread 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
maskedrose

AC4 - Mary Reed/James Kidd cosplay help

Hi All!

I am looking for advice on patterns and fabric for Mary Reed. I am stumped especially on the jacket because of the leather work (possibly leather?).

I have a pattern that I believe will work for pants, but everything else I am at a loss.

If you know any Mary Reed/James cosplayers, links to their pictures/profiles would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!!!!!
Reference:
maskedrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
cactusmomma
Let's play!

The way that the jacket never changes in wrinkling throughout the game makes me wonder if it's a hide of sorts. The scuffing on the elbows shows no fraying either, so it very well could be a leather. You can find some fairly good deals on ebay for that sort of thing.. but unless you're willing to spare a pretty shill for it, or don't have the tools to go that route, you could get away with a sateen or gabardine for the olive color and a damask for the finer bits of the coat. With the shirt, a linen lookalike and some Joann's coupons will easily get you through that much.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote