Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
SolitaryFey

Binding Help?

Hello, fellow crossplayers! I am in need of a suitable binder for an upcoming crossplay, but I need help.

The main two sites I'm looking at are Underworks and Samiscloset.

I can't figure out how to successfully navigate Underworks, so I can't tell what size of binder would be best for me, or even which binder I should get. The phrasing on the site is sort of confusing, so I can't really tell which items are for breast concealing and which are for some other purpose.

Samiscloset is much easier to figure out, but I don't know the difference between the different binders, so I have no idea which ones will do a better job, are more effective, etc.

I need some crossplayers with experience in binder-shopping to help me figure this all out.

My bra size is 32D, and I need something that's not terribly expensive (If anyone knows of any good sites where I can get a good binder under $40, please let me know!)

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
SolitaryFey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
SolitaryFey

Oh, I forgot to add that my cosplay will be covering my torso and arms, so I don't need to worry about my binder showing.
SolitaryFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

I looooove Underworks, confusing though their site can be. The binder I got from them has lasted for years and shrank down my DDs (actually that's just my estimate as I've never been properly measured and they might be bigger XD) nicely. Not completely, but for $30 it's definitely good enough for photoshoots.

The thing is, I did have to buy and send back two binders before I got one that fit. However they were extremely helpful and the returns were free with no additional shipping, even though one of them arrived right before I went on vacation and by the time I got home and tried it on I had missed the return date.

The one that finally fit is the same size as my men's T-shirt size. I don't know if that's typical, though.

You'd probably want either the tri-top or the ultimate chest binder tank. I like the latter because it also pulls over my butt and shrinks my waste and bum down a bit, but I'm told the tri-top conceals the breasts better.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con

Last edited by SirenaBlack : 10-14-2012 at 02:09 AM.
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote