Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
SarcasticSnake

Yu-Gi-Oh Tristan Taylor Wig Help!

Hey, I plan on going to my first convention next week and im going as Tristan Taylor from Yugioh. The only thing i need is a wig, but i cant find one and i dont know how to make one. Can anyone help me?
SarcasticSnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Please link images of the character your talking about as not every one knows evry anime character.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...char_11992.jpg

Because his pompadour style is insane boxy, you will need to build a base to glue the hair down to.

http://kyokyogirl.deviantart.com/art...rial-163280426
http://malindachan.deviantart.com/ar...l-v2-259301464

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

That depends on whether you want to go realistic or stylized.

Tristan's hair is one of those YGO styles that could go either way, and you can either be brilliant or scary in both directions. His hair as drawn in the art is actually a highly stylized representation of a masculine buzz-cut. Because it's really difficult to find wigs that short in the first place, I can see where you would want to attempt to go full-on stylized with the sharp pointy thing. But you have to be really careful. Trying to do it that way will either be amazing or stupid. I've only ever seen one person pull it off successfully, but I think part of what worked for theirs was that they did their makeup and some points of tailoring their school jacket to also reflect the same sharp stylization, as if they were deliberately cosplaying a promo art picture version.

To get the pointy antenna...well, you still need a fairly short base wig. That part isn't going to be fun. The forward sweep is probably best done as loose hair or extra wefts sewn in and then sculpted with hair glue to go forward. Ani_Bee has a point, a triangular form underneath will help it not look dorky. Just be real careful with your proportions, don't make it too big and exaggerated.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote