Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
~Ichigo~

AC Cloud Strife

Just wondering if the overall look is alright? I realized the back of the wig needed trimming but I haven't retaken photo's of that yet.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...54/Cloud1E.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...754/Cloud2.jpg

Have to make a fiberglass shoulder guard and fix the angles of some of the wig spikes
P.s. If anyone knows what kind of trim I can use around the shoulder guard that would be amazing
*wig was commissioned*
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z69f5aOKrb...600/cloud2.jpg

Last edited by ~Ichigo~ : 10-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Over all you look fine, but as a huge cloud fan there are many inaccuracies with this costume. The main one is the pleather..the only things that should be any kind of leather are the gloves and sheath and boot..the shirt should also be navy blue, not black, the size bag/side skirt thing should be a heavy cotton, the pants should be normal cargo pants, the sleeve should be a medium cotton and the arm band on the right arm should be cotton not leather.

These are the exact reasons I refused to buy this cosplay. Not a single one is accurate
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
~Ichigo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Over all you look fine, but as a huge cloud fan there are many inaccuracies with this costume. The main one is the pleather..the only things that should be any kind of leather are the gloves and sheath and boot..the shirt should also be navy blue, not black, the size bag/side skirt thing should be a heavy cotton, the pants should be normal cargo pants, the sleeve should be a medium cotton and the arm band on the right arm should be cotton not leather.

These are the exact reasons I refused to buy this cosplay. Not a single one is accurate
Thanks jason! Yeah i see where your coming from. It was a last minute decision before a big con so I went for it since I got it in 5 days. Im working on replacing the parts I can atm which is the shoulder guard and after that I'll have to see what I can do about the rest since I only have prop skills.
If I can replace everything I'll sell it on ebay for half the price if anyones interested in it then.
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I may be able to help on some of that. I'm on my phone so I can't link, but if you look in my costumes, take a look at mine. I can pretty much make everything that need making. I didn't make my side bag, but I know how. The pants you can buy but if, say, you wanted me to make the pockets and straps, I would buy pants and make them then send them, blah blah blah. And but I dyed my shirt and made a sleeve, and added the zipper. Anyway good luck

Also as for selling, might as well sell it here when the point hits..it'll sell better here
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
~Ichigo~

Ah, that's a good point for selling. Hm, when I get my next check after replacing all my tires for my car (winter) maybe you'd be interested in fixing up the side bag/cargo pants?

The shirt seems like the most work to replace so maybe I'll save that for last.

P.S. thx for all the info again. I was so frustrated trying to find help on fb/forums months earlier even from people with tailoring experience since they didn't know much about clouds clothes and the suggested fabrics were all off/different :\.

Last edited by ~Ichigo~ : 10-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea, selling here is MUCH easier lol You may have to post a few times until you get someone that wants to cosplay him and not be a stickler about detail (which is a lot of the younger people) so it may be up for a while before selling, But at least it won't take a fee like ebay does..

The shirt both is AND isn't..At the same time..Like, FINDING a shirt is the hard part. It took me like 2 months to find mine..But right now walmart has ribbed sweaters in female sizes so that's always a way to go (I couldn't because they were too small for me, I'm a bigger guy). But if you wanted me to do one, I could dye one for you. It just takes forever to dry because they are heavy.

But yea, I could always do the bag for you. I actually have to redo MINE..lol
The pants are easy..Just pockets and straps lol

The main reason you will see that (people's fabric choices being off and such) are because they don't really STUDY the characters they are cosplaying..The ones that do will get it right..Like with me, I sat and studied the movie for 9-10 hours watching scenes frame by frame and slow mo. The ones that don't study it make poor facric choice because they think because one person said it that it must work (even though the person saying it made a guess and goes off 1-3 pictures) so they really don't know either. The topic of Cloud is really touchy for me as a lot of people think they are right because they watched the movie one or two times..

Another reason is they have no money, in which case I can't say much there..
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I'm just gonna say, that's a well done wig. One of the betters ones I've seen ^_^!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chergnomebyl View Post
I'm just gonna say, that's a well done wig. One of the betters ones I've seen ^_^!
I forgot about the wig didn't I? This is true. The wig is VERY well styled
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
tsukinohime3
Locked in my Workshop

http://www.joann.com/robert-allen-1-...prd_01354091a/
This is the closest I could find to the trim for your shoulder guard. I would suggest buying a small quantity to perform the following two tests.

1) fold it in thirds so that only the middle stripe shows, and then glue it or use fusible interfacing so that it sticks to itself in the proper shape.

if that's too bulky...

2) cut off the top and bottom portions so you only have the checkerboard pattern, seal the edges by lightly burning with a candle or use fabric glue.

This trim would also require black dye but because there's already a color variance in the existing pattern, it'll give some texture to it and I think that would be a nice effect.
tsukinohime3 is offline   Reply With Quote