Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
hazardmuffin

Coloring acrylic teeth/dental appliances?

So, I have experience in making my own fake fangs and other dental appliances using powered dental acrylic, but I've only ever used it as is, with the natural tooth coloration. I'm planning on doing a cosplay that will involve crazy colored, full set of teeth and gums appliances. My only issue is how to stain the teeth and get the gums the black and blue colors I need them to be. Ideally, I'd like to dye the acrylic itself so that if any coloring on top chips or wears away, it won't be so apparent. Does anyone have any experience with dyeing dental acrylic or know of any places to buy already colored acrylics? It needs to be body safe and preferably dental quality. I know things like retainers are molded of acrylic and come in every color under the sun, I just don't know where to get it.

I've found a couple of places offering incredibly expensive acrylic stains for coloring the surface, but I can't find much information anywhere or many places where I can get it. Does anyone have any experience with this (where to get it, good brands, etc) or know of any other ways to permanently (and safely) color acrylic teeth?
hazardmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote