Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
KeepOnShining

Deadman Wonderland

I plan to cosplay Shiro from the manga Deadman Wonderland.

So, since I'm new to cosplaying and have only made cheap ones, I have quite a few questions.

How long would you say her hair is? I can't quite remember. Also, I've never purchased a wig, so I have no idea what to do with it. What do you have to do to maintain it?

Also, some pictures from the manga show her with a skin-tone bodysuit, yet in the anime, her bodysuit appears to be white. Which should I do? Also, where can one go to buy a bodysuit?

I also need help on what to do for the collar thing she has on. What material should I use to make it?

And I'll also need some red contact lenses, and some means to make my skin lighter. I'm pretty pale, but since Shiro is an albino, I'd need to make it paler. Could I use makeup to do that? And where could I get red contacts that aren't too expensive? Also, I'm nervous to use contacts. I never have before, and am afraid to get things in my eyes, or even anywhere near them, for that matter, so I need to know they're good contacts.

And I need help with the patterns on her bodysuit. What should I do for that?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm pretty new to cosplaying.
KeepOnShining is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Heaven'N'Hell

Xd i was thinking of cosplaying shiro some time to. So, here are some off my plans for it.
For the wig, well i only buy them on ebay so...Don't know if you have paypal thing for that.
But there's a shiro wig on there and you can just type in 'cosplay white long wig' or something along the lines off that. Oh! and look if they have like 99% procent positive feedback or something that's close to it!
Now for the body suit i was thinking off buying somethign like this.
http://cgi.ebay.nl/Lycra-Spandex-Zen...e m870c720a74 . If you just click on the their shop you see more off them,differetn fabric and all.
The patterns i don't know yet... :P
and the collar i havn't thought about yet :l
But i can help with some cheap contacts ;d I have 1 pair and one loose off this site : http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...act-lenses.cfm I think it's a good site and has free shipping~! 8D
But. i haven't really put them in yet. i tried yesterday but i kept blinking...I'm going to try today again xD So if you want to wait with those i will tell you when i am able to put them in xD
Well i hope this helped a bit.

And it's okay. I don't actually cosplay that long either but once you do it ,it's the only thing you can about and it's addicting.
Heaven'N'Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Konkatsu
failure

Please post pictures after your finished,
Id love to see how it all worked out
Konkatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Pirategirl916

I've been wanting to cosplay Shiro for a while too I'm not great at sewing.. so i was going to buy this bodysuit and just use fabric paint for the detail.

http://www.amazon.com/Capezio-Womens...3026844&sr=8-1

I was also planning to buy the Shiro wig that they have on ebay
Pirategirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
TK10rox

i was at my local party city awhile ago and there were some body suits for sale there, and since its almost halloween now theyll have them there for awhile.

as for the wig you can just type in Long White Wig into google and you'll have lots of choices.

and as for the collar....im not very sure but maybe cardboard, or plastic or something of the sort. then just spray paint it white.

ill probably be cosplaying Toto soon so id love to see the results!!! XD
AnimeNEXT 2014

Asuna Yuuki
Lightning
Sebastian Michaelis
Annie Leonhardt

TK10rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Labrys

I was so happy to find this~ however my only question is what is the best/easiest way to be that pale? obviously it won't look super realistic without hiring someone to do it but any suggestions without looking completely geisha white?
Also for the neck collar all I did was took furniture foam or something similar and just did this Shirto.jpg
Labrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
heaven_firings

I really love the prison jumpsuits, even if I never choose a specific character I want the jumpsuit. ^^

If I wasn't so damn tall I would probably do Ganta.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
SweetOlBlue

I am also planning on doing a shiro cosplay but I found http://www.etsy.com/listing/12116777...rch_type=al l
Which is from etsy, you just send her your measurments and she'll make the body suit for you. I have yet to order mine because I'm so broke but I will soon! The wig I figure I can just get online as well as the contacts. I hope this helps, it'll save you time and frustration if you aren't good at sewing or don't even know where to start for the costume.
SweetOlBlue is offline   Reply With Quote