Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Pandali

Calling Monogatari series cosplayers

Hi, I'm planning to go to Katsucon 19 as Koyomi Araragi of Bakemonogatari, which is the character I did for Otakon 2012. However, this time I'm planning to go as the full vampire variant (I haven't ever seen one done) in anticipation for the upcoming movie, Kizumonogatari. We all know it's been delayed past 2012 to an unknown date, but it's expected to come out in the winter quarter of 2013. A reference picture:

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpape...per-877438.jpg

http://gwing-online.com/images/categ.../araragi_2.jpg

I lied. I posted two. And I think the second one is blatant product placement. Mods, please forgive me.

What I'm trying to say is I'm looking for fellow Monogatari cosplayers to meet for some photos, and maybe even walk around together for an hour or so. In particular, I'm looking for someone to cosplay Kiss Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade a.k.a Shinobu Oshino.

I'll be going all 3 days, so I'm flexible on time and date. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Pandali is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
sakakirose
KING OF THE LAB :D

I think one of my friends is planning on bringing Shinobu (a version from Nisemonogatari - I'm not sure which one) to Katsucon. I'll pass this along to her!
sakakirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Pandali

Awesome. I hope she does, because you just got me worked up.
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
elvis8tweeter
Philadelphia

My Senjougahara won't be ready by Katsucon, but I'll have it for Otakon! Hope to see you there.
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
Pandali

There are a lot of maybes for Otakon. I'm thinking of trying out a different character by that time. But if you'll bring Senjougahara to Otakon, I'll definitely bring Koyomi.
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
stolen_valkyrie
Bureau of Bad Behavior

I'll be bringing Kanbaru/Rainy Devil, and I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have a Senjou with me

2013 Cons:
~ALA
~Katsucon
~Animeland Wasabi
stolen_valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Pandali

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolen_valkyrie View Post
I'll be bringing Kanbaru/Rainy Devil, and I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have a Senjou with me
This makes me happy. Let's try to schedule a meetup sometime in the coming month. My intestines are in your care.
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
stolen_valkyrie
Bureau of Bad Behavior

So I think we're going to have Kanbaru and Senjou on Saturday night. I'm loooooosely thinking of bringing Nise!Teen Shinobu on Friday night, but that may end up not happening, so I'm just counting on Kanbaru for now. Would Saturday night work for you?

2013 Cons:
~ALA
~Katsucon
~Animeland Wasabi
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
Pandali

Hey the finishing touches to my vampire variant came in the other day and I was planning on posting a followup. I have nothing planned for Saturday night so it sounds fine to me. A bit of bad news is that my friend who was originally planning to help with the photoshoot with his very expensive camera can no longer go... Amongst my 16 member company I think one of them will be able to take his spot though. We should think of a nice place for this shoot.

As I'm bringing my vampire variant, I wished there were some more Shinobu, but I can bring both my normal and casual variant too. Which would you prefer?
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
stolen_valkyrie
Bureau of Bad Behavior

Well, here's my new plan - if I can fit Shinobu into my stuff (I'm coming from CO) I'll bring her - would you want to do like, a vampire-form shoot with Shinobz on Friday night, and then a Bake! shoot on Saturday afternoon/evening? I have both wraps and the Rainy Devil arm for Kanbaru, so I can be flexible on that. I really wish I had adult Kiss-shot done, but alas.

2013 Cons:
~ALA
~Katsucon
~Animeland Wasabi
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
Pandali

I like your dedication! I can do that. The convention schedule is up so let's see what times are best for us. 8:00 PM on Friday looks pretty good. Or if you're planning to get into character, midnight isn't bad either. I have no ideas about Saturday, and considering you have another person with you, I want to leave it to you to recommend a time.

This is my first time at Katsucon so I don't know any good photo areas, but I do think the fountain is overplayed and not appropriate for what we're doing. But with such a nice convention center, I don't think finding a nice spot will be hard. Any ideas?
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
sakakirose
KING OF THE LAB :D

@Pandali: So stolen_valkyrie talked me into bringing Senjougahara (I'm the one she mentioned), so that's on for Saturday. I think I'm also gonna be your photographer on Friday night, and since SV is also a first-time Katsucon attendee, I thought I might make a suggestion for a meeting place. The absolute easiest place to find people at the con is at the gazebo - it's impossible to miss. There's a set of doors immediately across from it that are great as a backdrop, and I think it'd be fun to start there. Keep your eyes peeled for other locations as you walk around on Friday too

8PM on Friday sounds like a plan to me for shooting. If this works for you guys, let's meet at the gazebo at that time, and we can move from there as we need to. We can touch base then and set up another time for Saturday, if you're up for it.

Looking forward to shooting with you, and sorry for the sudden thread hijacking!
sakakirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
Pandali

Sorry? Who are you and what have you done with Gahara? If it weren't for you, Kanbaru probably wouldn't have replied to this thread, right?

Meet you two at the gazebo at 8 PM Friday. I can't wait for this week to pass, so much so that I can't concentrate. My grades are probably going to suffer, but I find myself struggling to care.
Unread 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
Kiro

Pandali: We're going as two separate groups to Katsucon, but if you need anything or just want to hang out, feel free to give me a call/text. I'll be free roaming most of the con.

Have fun at your photoshoot(s).

2015 Conventions
AnimeNEXT
MAGFest?
Otakon?
PAX East
PwnEm Con?
Steampunk World's Fair?

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
CastlePoint
Otakon
Steampunk World's Fair

Last edited by Kiro : 02-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #15
stolen_valkyrie
Bureau of Bad Behavior

My sempai is so cool and in charge... Friday at 8 it is!

2013 Cons:
~ALA
~Katsucon
~Animeland Wasabi