Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #136
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

-snip-

Last edited by kuroki-neko : 01-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #137
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
i have a friend who posts hetlia stuff all day long. everything she posts are lame jokes about the series. im glad this series is dying out so we all can finally pass this kidney stone of a series.
Well, seeing as you aren't interested in the series, you could always, I don't know, not read the posts?
We all have stuff that annoys us. But since there's really nothing we can do about it, the best thing to do is try to ignore it. Not always possible, I know, but when it is it saves a lot of energy that would be wasted getting worked up over it.
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #138
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
Well, seeing as you aren't interested in the series, you could always, I don't know, not read the posts?
We all have stuff that annoys us. But since there's really nothing we can do about it, the best thing to do is try to ignore it. Not always possible, I know, but when it is it saves a lot of energy that would be wasted getting worked up over it.
well they are photos like this:

i really hate it when series that parody another series don't respect the series they parody, like adventure time does and other series like that meant for immature people.

its just really hard to ignore large posts like that.
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #139
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

As a fan of Hetalia, I will agree that a lot of the jokes and such are not my taste at all. But I've learned to filter through things and ignore what I don't like.
And I admit that I really disliked Adventure Time not even a year ago because I was annoyed with a lot of the cosplayers. I knew it was stupid to down a series just because some fans annoyed me, and come to find out, I really, really like the show.
Just saying, while we can't always keep ourselves from being annoyed, it's worth a try. The things that annoy us likely aren't going to go away (Justin Bieber is still in the music business no matter how many passionate rants I go off on), so why waste the time and energy? ^_^
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #140
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

its like lets joke about all this its part of the series its not racist at all zomg! maybe i should just remove that friend...

adventure time is not my tastes, its just shoved in my face and "in my vital regions" and it really offended me that they made characters from the show look like characters from shows i like. its like making a football player look like miku from vocaloid. but as other people have posted if you get hurt by someone who is wearing a blue hat you will be weary of people with blue hats. as long as those shows are not forced upon me im fine. i don't go to the bb maid cafes and knock the serving trays out of Sebastian cosplayers hands..

also i have gotten the impression if i don't like the popular series im a weeaboo.
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #141
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Yeah, I have to be careful to limit my Hetalia references and jokes to my friends who actually know that I'm talking about the character, not that actual country. Things could get ugly otherwise.
With regards to being a weaboo from not liking popular stuff, that's just silly. People can be very passionate about things they like, and I guess they can get a little bit crazy when someone doesn't think it's as amazing as they do ^_^
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #142
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
Yeah, I have to be careful to limit my Hetalia references and jokes to my friends who actually know that I'm talking about the character, not that actual country. Things could get ugly otherwise.
With regards to being a weaboo from not liking popular stuff, that's just silly. People can be very passionate about things they like, and I guess they can get a little bit crazy when someone doesn't think it's as amazing as they do ^_^
thats the main problem with me when i get banter from a hetlia cosplayer at a con, its hard to have a comeback that does not sound racist to the wrong person.

i think its because i like one piece or my username idk but both are petty old, maybe its just that those people are anime snobs. also getting called a "Special snowflake for standing up for series that you like is a little to much.
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #143
Sugarcubesage

Even though I read Homestuck and have wanted to cosplay from it, the fandom can be so damn annoying sometimes. I am friends with other Homestucks and they aren't bad, it just seems when I go onto tumblr or something else you just see all the immature, rude ones and none of the nice ones.

Another fandom that annoys me is the BBC Sherlock fandom. Mainly for seeing how much they're against Elementary without even watching it. Being upset that John is a woman in that show and think they're better for not wanting to watch it or hating it right on the spot.

Secret Agent Magical Girl
Sugarcubesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #144
KitsuneNoKoibi

Hetalia, Vocaloid, Death Note, Naruto, or any other extremely involving fandom... Especially those which attract a younger fanbase, like, children or younger teens.
I mean, I haven't cosplayed from any of these things but from what I see happening, and hear people complain about... There's a lot of unwanted glomping and hugging and picture taking and squealing and fangirling and...

Luka Megurine 10% done
FACEBOOK PAGE
KitsuneNoKoibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #145
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I gotta admit that while I enjoy Hetalia and I am friends with many sane and mature fans of the show, some of them are just a little nuts. I used to be friends with a girl who got into Hetalia before I did and she loudly shouted "Fuck America and Poland!" At a carnival one time. Obviously, its not a convention, so what is the point of saying something like that? (not that it would be okay at a con..just less likely to be seen as offensive since people shout crazy things at cons all the time.)

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #146
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
i have a friend who posts hetlia stuff all day long. everything she posts are lame jokes about the series. im glad this series is dying out so we all can finally pass this kidney stone of a series.
Well, now you're just making it seem like the people who called you a "hater" totally justified in their actions.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #147
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Well, now you're just making it seem like the people who called you a "hater" totally justified in their actions.
well if you kept getting someone pushed in your face all the time and being forced to be exposed to it constantly you will be glad it stops there is only so much one person can take. but at that time i said i did not like it, it seems your just trying to make yourself feel better that your calling me on this. plus if i was a hater id insult the fans and the fact that they liked it and that they should be into a better series. does it matter that i never cared for the series? am i supposed to have some general interest in it? i don't like it and have had enough of hearing about it all the time get over it some people won't be 100% nice about not liking what you like.
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #148
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
well if you kept getting someone pushed in your face all the time and being forced to be exposed to it constantly you will be glad it stops there is only so much one person can take. but at that time i said i did not like it, it seems your just trying to make yourself feel better that your calling me on this. plus if i was a hater id insult the fans and the fact that they liked it and that they should be into a better series. does it matter that i never cared for the series? am i supposed to have some general interest in it? i don't like it and have had enough of hearing about it all the time get over it some people won't be 100% nice about not liking what you like.
OMG, how dare someone post what they want on their own page?! (sarcasm) It's pretty fucking entitled that you think you can dictate what other people post on their facebook/tumblr or whatever site you were referring to. If it bothers you that much just unfriend/unfollow.

You're being such a big hypocrite, you complain about people not accepting your interests but then you do the exact same thing in a much ruder way. And yes, you have insulted the fans, don't pretend you didn't.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #149
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
OMG, how dare someone post what they want on their own page?! (sarcasm) It's pretty fucking entitled that you think you can dictate what other people post on their facebook/tumblr or whatever site you were referring to. If it bothers you that much just unfriend/unfollow.

You're being such a big hypocrite, you complain about people not accepting your interests but then you do the exact same thing in a much ruder way. And yes, you have insulted the fans, don't pretend you didn't.
i don't want to be rude and unfriendly the person.

oh really now? its fine that they like it i don't mind. they can be into whatever they want all i can say is " put on your headphones some people won't want to hear about what you like all the time" but just because im not into what everyone else is i get called a weeaboo and a special snowflake. all i really said about the fans is that they cannot accept that some people are not into what they are into. and that so much ruder than being called a special snowflake and a weeoboo (sarcastic) if you really want to be the better person respect other peoples opinions rather than saying that they are wrong and a bad person.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #150
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
i don't want to be rude and unfriendly the person.

oh really now? its fine that they like it i don't mind. they can be into whatever they want all i can say is " put on your headphones some people won't want to hear about what you like all the time" but just because im not into what everyone else is i get called a weeaboo and a special snowflake. all i really said about the fans is that they cannot accept that some people are not into what they are into. and that so much ruder than being called a special snowflake and a weeoboo (sarcastic) if you really want to be the better person respect other peoples opinions rather than saying that they are wrong and a bad person.
Man you really need to read over your own posts and see exactly how rude and insulting you were. If you're not going to unfriend the person, then you need to learn how to ignore it instead of bitching about it. You have no right to dictate what people post on their own page. Follow your own advice and respect other people's fandoms then maybe they will return the favor.