Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #196
Ilafatyu
That guy
 
Ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
That would take at least 200 years just to list every anime & manga character in existence from the 1950's to the 1980's. It would then take another 300 years to list every anime & manga character in existence from the 1980's to 2013.
And then after those 500 years, it'll take another thousand to catch up. Thankfully, by then the world will have ended and the chain will be broken.
__________________

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #197
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Another annoying fandom for me: Vocaloid.
Most of the fans are super nice but then there are those RABID fans who call me egotistical and uneducated and tell me to kill myself because I don't like it.
I mean seriously.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #198
DreamaNightmare
Registered User
 
DreamaNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
I think every fandom will have a few bad apples to make it sound horrible. Though, my main ones are Hetalia and Vocaloid. Most are calm and sane people, then there can be those who are crazed and would tackle you over in a second.
__________________
"The less you know, the sounder you sleep." -Old Russian proverb
DreamaNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #199
UrbanVermin
Registered User
 
UrbanVermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
I've yet to have a bad experience from any fan. The fact many of them get so into a series is pretty endearing (again, haven't met a bad fan yet). Instead, my worst experience would have to be reddit/4chan memes fans (if this counts) U mad parodies, troll face, and shouting over 9000. It was enough for me to avoid anyone with 4chan/reddit icons on it overall.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #200
Angii
Slifer Spaz
 
Angii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 118
This is totally coming from somebody that cosplays from the fandom directly effected by it, but I personally find "Abridged" fans to be some of the most annoying fans on the planet.

Because I swear, if I have to hear "Card Games On Motorcycles" one more time, much less as a non 5D's character, I'm gonna go nuts. Watching my friends who cosplay outta DBZ get the crap annoyed out of them because of lame scouter jokes isn't much better. I've at least asked people to stop on occasion once I get tired of coming up with witty canon comebacks, but most of the time it results in people telling me if I didn't wanna hear memes yelled at me, I shouldn't have cosplayed the character. Well, excuse me for loving the character in his original source material, and not for the "hysterical" spin-off somebody decided to make. >__>

Just, guys, not everybody cosplays from stuff because of the abridged. The memes are funny for a while, but after about an hour it gets old so fast. .___.
Angii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #201
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angii View Post
This is totally coming from somebody that cosplays from the fandom directly effected by it, but I personally find "Abridged" fans to be some of the most annoying fans on the planet.

Because I swear, if I have to hear "Card Games On Motorcycles" one more time, much less as a non 5D's character, I'm gonna go nuts. Watching my friends who cosplay outta DBZ get the crap annoyed out of them because of lame scouter jokes isn't much better. I've at least asked people to stop on occasion once I get tired of coming up with witty cann comebacks, but most of the time it results in people telling me if I didn't wanna hear memes yelled at me, I shouldn't have cosplayed the character. Well, excuse me for loving the character in his original source material, and not for the "hysterical" spin-off somebody decided to make. >__>

Just, guys, not everybody cosplays from stuff because of the abridged. The memes are funny for a while, but after about an hour it gets old so fast. .___.
Whenever I cosplay Scout/Fem!Scout I always get every TF2 fan screaming "That Scout is a Spy!" at me. It was funny the first time, and that time alone.
__________________
My username is an incredibly stupid pun that only I will get.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #202
Aleatory
They call me Lady Luck.
 
Aleatory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 38
I've found that the most consistently kind people at cons all have happened to be Homestucks. Amongst the Homestucks outside of cons I've spoken to, every single one, except for one girl, is completely reasonable. Which is why the stigmatization of the fandom bothers me. At the same time, people seem to recount time and time again of horror stories involving horns or buckets and I feel bad for them! I guess it's because of all the youngins in the fandom and that's kinda what it boils down to I guess?? I don't know where I was going with this??

All in all I've never had a problem with any particular fandom in general. Not Naruto fans, Bleach fans, Persona fans, Furries, Homestucks or Anglophiles. So, I guess I'm not annoyed with anyone?

I guess the one fandom that annoys me the most isn't really even a fandom, but the ravers and other "alternative" scene people that show up to cons. Just because I've seen them huff condescendingly at anime lovers and it's like "YOU'RE AT AN ANIME CON WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME??".
Aleatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #203
AnimeAndMusical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 479
Some of the fans of the new Doctor Who series can be a bit annoying. I understand the old Doctor Who series is very long and difficult to get interested in which is why I don't care if you haven't watched it or hated it. What does annoy me is when you say I am not a real fan for prefering the old series or worse, that I'm not a fan for having watched it at all.
AnimeAndMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #204
trmbngrl
Britt
 
trmbngrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleatory View Post
I've found that the most consistently kind people at cons all have happened to be Homestucks. Amongst the Homestucks outside of cons I've spoken to, every single one, except for one girl, is completely reasonable. Which is why the stigmatization of the fandom bothers me. At the same time, people seem to recount time and time again of horror stories involving horns or buckets and I feel bad for them! I guess it's because of all the youngins in the fandom and that's kinda what it boils down to I guess?? I don't know where I was going with this??

All in all I've never had a problem with any particular fandom in general. Not Naruto fans, Bleach fans, Persona fans, Furries, Homestucks or Anglophiles. So, I guess I'm not annoyed with anyone?

I guess the one fandom that annoys me the most isn't really even a fandom, but the ravers and other "alternative" scene people that show up to cons. Just because I've seen them huff condescendingly at anime lovers and it's like "YOU'RE AT AN ANIME CON WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME??".
Persona???
Wondering how THEY made THIS kind of list and where you are from that there are enough of them?
The only drama I have ever seen out of Persona period is wars over Naoto's gender orientation. xD That's it.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #205
pltshp
i did what i have to do
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,567
if we're talking about annoying memes and abridged quotes... i am so, so sick up to frickin here with "GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK!!!". it was funny the first time, as was "how's your raticate, gary?", "you were here! ash is a loser!" and "where's the car and the girls?". now i'm just fed up to the back of my teeth with dumbass gary memes, but of course people who aren't totally in pokémon fandom absolutely love that kind of bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Persona???
Wondering how THEY made THIS kind of list and where you are from that there are enough of them?
The only drama I have ever seen out of Persona period is wars over Naoto's gender orientation. xD That's it.
oh god, the naoto wars. that, and "souji/yosuke fans are the worst!" are pretty much the only wank i've seen from persona fans, which is pretty lucky.
__________________
upcoming cosplays:
garry (ib) | yosuke hanamura (persona 4) | ryotaro dojima (persona 4)
shigeaki kato (news/koyashige) | naegi makoto (dangan ronpa)
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #206
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL
 
ToroSonyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,739
Any big fandom is going to have it's annoying people. Cosplaying a lot from Hetalia and Homestuck which don't exactly have the best reputations for their fandoms, I have met my fair share of annoying people.
(Not to criticize the fandoms as a whole though, I've met so many wonderful people in each fandom, especially Homestuck!)
__________________
Working On:

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #207
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Persona???
Wondering how THEY made THIS kind of list and where you are from that there are enough of them?
The only drama I have ever seen out of Persona period is wars over Naoto's gender orientation. xD That's it.
Persona has been gaining popularity a lot recently. Mostly 4 but there are a lot more cosplayers for it now than there used to be and I'm expecting some horror stories to pop up soon, although most of the people I've seen who cosplay from it are on the older end so maybe that helps to prevent any real horror stories.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #208
Shirayuki~Chan
Registered User
 
Shirayuki~Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Persona???
Wondering how THEY made THIS kind of list and where you are from that there are enough of them?
The only drama I have ever seen out of Persona period is wars over Naoto's gender orientation. xD That's it.
I think they said they had no problems with any fandom on the list, so they weren't talking about Persona.
__________________
Next Convention: Anime Detour

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening
Opal Beifong- Legend of Korra




Shirayuki~Chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #209
Kazuto Kirigaya
Hero Of Time
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Homestuck, My Little Pony, and Hetalia. Especially My Little Pony... Those people are loud, rude, and obnoxious. Hetalia too. I don't really care for Homestuck, but those people are also very rude.
__________________
In progress/Finished:


- Aladdin - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 20%
- Asuna Yuuki - Sword Art Online - 70%
- Kagami Taiga - 99%
- Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist - 100%
- Judal - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 100%
- Makoto - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - 10%
- Eren Jaeger - Attack on Titan 100%





Cons:
AM2
Anime Expo 2014
Wondercon
Anime LA
Yaoi con
Kazuto Kirigaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #210
Riia
Rii-Chan
 
Riia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 118
I have never been or never will be a homestuck cosplayer. Mostly because I could never really get into the story but there is also a little part of me that never wants to cosplay from it just because there are SOOOO many of them.
I have met some HS cosplayers that were really awesome but I think it is just because they were in a older crowd like from 17 to 22. Now I have had lots of bad experiences with the younger HS crowd like 13 to 16.
At San Japan which is the biggest convention in San Antonio, held at the river walk which is a HUGE tourist hot spot, There was a big group of homestuckers walking around and yelling things at the tourist to scare them. And these people probably didn't even know what homestuck or cosplay even was. And I just thought it gave all cosplayers a very bad name and reputation.
__________________

--------------------------------

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Riia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.