Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
pbg146
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Kansas City area cosplayers?

I'm looking for fellow cosplayers in Kansas City and sorrounding areas. I'm wanting to either create a cosplay group or join one as I'd like to go to cons with groups and also do videos and skits.
pbg146 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
melfina89
Registered User
 
melfina89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
I am a KC area cosplayer. Are you going to make your way to cosplacon next month?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Casual Cosplayer
Competitive Magic Player
Casual D&D Player

Cosplay:
Triela - Gunslinger Girls - 2010
Lucy/Nyuu - Elfen Lied - 2011-2012
Melfina - Outlaw Star - 2013
melfina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
pbg146
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
I didn't know that was next month... I'll look into it. Will go if it isn't super expensive.
pbg146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,132
Really it's at the very end of June, so really it's like two months now. Anyway, I'm a Kansas City cosplayer.

Edit: I just looked at your photos, we know each other. This is Toni.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
pbg146
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Really it's at the very end of June, so really it's like two months now. Anyway, I'm a Kansas City cosplayer.

Edit: I just looked at your photos, we know each other. This is Toni.
Lol I know! I found you the other day looking at some other forum.XD
pbg146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
OtakuChan266
Registered User
 
OtakuChan266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
I'm a cosplayer in Kansas! Infact I'm going to Naka-kon in Kansas city, this coming march!
OtakuChan266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
pbg146
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Sweet! I'll be there too!
pbg146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
pinoycosplay
Fighting VG Specialist
 
pinoycosplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
Yeah I always go to nakakon except last, so I'm really looking forward to the next one.
__________________
People say they like irony, but nobody wants to pay for it.
pinoycosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
OtakuChan266
Registered User
 
OtakuChan266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg146 View Post
Sweet! I'll be there too!
Oh, awesome! I'm going to be cosplaying Ciel phantomhive. I might use my Konan cosplay too, if I go the other two days....I really hope I get a chance to! >.<
OtakuChan266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
I'm a KC cosplayer! I was seriously starting to think I was the only one. I've been looking for some Kansas City cons but I've only been able to find 2, Naka-kon and some yaoi con I think called Ahn Con or something. I really don't go to Naka-kon either, I went once and stuff happened that made me not wanna go back.
__________________
~Currently On Convention Hiatus~
In Progress Cosplays:
Young Link (LoZ:MM)
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
OtakuChan266
Registered User
 
OtakuChan266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku-chan View Post
I'm a KC cosplayer! I was seriously starting to think I was the only one. I've been looking for some Kansas City cons but I've only been able to find 2, Naka-kon and some yaoi con I think called Ahn Con or something. I really don't go to Naka-kon either, I went once and stuff happened that made me not wanna go back.
What made you not want to go again? I don't have much of an idea why, sense I haven't been there myself yet...but, here are some other conventions in or around Kansas city..and yes, they are all over except Planet Comicon,but if they are going to do them again next year, you'll know where they are at.

Motaku: August 16-18, 2013 at Holiday Inn CoCo Key, Kansas City, MO (2013)
Encounters convention: October 11-13 Wichita, KS (2013)
Planet Comicon: Kansas City, March 14-16, 2014, KS (2014)
OtakuChan266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair
 
supergeekgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,497
I'm a St. Louis cosplayer, however I come to KC for Ahn!Con. I like to meet new people, so please tell me you're from cosplay.com if you see me there.
__________________
Cons 2014 - Ahn!Con | Kawa Kon | Wizard World St. Louis | Costume-Con | Marcon | Cosplacon | Dragon*Con | Archon | Chicago TARDIS
In Progress- Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale | Jonathan Strange from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell | Madeline Westen from Burn Notice
Misha's Costumes in Progress- Mr Norrell from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuChan266 View Post
What made you not want to go again? I don't have much of an idea why, sense I haven't been there myself yet...but, here are some other conventions in or around Kansas city..and yes, they are all over except Planet Comicon,but if they are going to do them again next year, you'll know where they are at.

Motaku: August 16-18, 2013 at Holiday Inn CoCo Key, Kansas City, MO (2013)
Encounters convention: October 11-13 Wichita, KS (2013)
Planet Comicon: Kansas City, March 14-16, 2014, KS (2014)
People were just really rude, con goers and people at the vendors room. Also it wasn't very fun but that's probably because I went the last day of the con when there wasn't much to do. That was 4 years ago so it's probably different now, but I just really don't want to go back.
Also thanks for the list of conventions. All my cosplaying friends live near Chicago so I know about every single Chicago con but no KC cons. I really don't care if they're over this year since I'm on con hiatus until I can get a job and money, hopefully they're a yearly thing like most cons so I can go once my con hiatus is over.
__________________
~Currently On Convention Hiatus~
In Progress Cosplays:
Young Link (LoZ:MM)
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
OtakuChan266
Registered User
 
OtakuChan266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku-chan View Post
People were just really rude, con goers and people at the vendors room. Also it wasn't very fun but that's probably because I went the last day of the con when there wasn't much to do. That was 4 years ago so it's probably different now, but I just really don't want to go back.
Also thanks for the list of conventions. All my cosplaying friends live near Chicago so I know about every single Chicago con but no KC cons. I really don't care if they're over this year since I'm on con hiatus until I can get a job and money, hopefully they're a yearly thing like most cons so I can go once my con hiatus is over.
np, glad to help ....and, yeah, I know what you mean about the whole money thing....I'm going to be getting a job as a party entertainer here soon, So hopefully that will help a bit....Nothing like balloon animals and face-painting for a little extra money XD
OtakuChan266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
Rinku-chan
Procrastination Time!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuChan266 View Post
np, glad to help ....and, yeah, I know what you mean about the whole money thing....I'm going to be getting a job as a party entertainer here soon, So hopefully that will help a bit....Nothing like balloon animals and face-painting for a little extra money XD
I wish I could get a job as a party entertainer but I can't do balloon animals or face painting (has no talent whatsoever) instead I'm trying to get a job at Wendy's down the street. Nothing like slaving over a hot grill and fryers for minimum wage.
__________________
~Currently On Convention Hiatus~
In Progress Cosplays:
Young Link (LoZ:MM)
Kyogre [Battle Armor Gijinka] (Pokemon)
Ranma [Female Version] (Ranma 1/2)
Planned Cosplays:
Too Many to List OTL
Next Convention: Cosplacon 2015 (Possibly)
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.