Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 12-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
SilverCollie

Link: Orcarina of Time Tunic

I'm making plans for a Link, the Ocarina of time version cosplay, starting with his Tunic. I have found some pattern tutorials based on modifying an existing T-shirt, but i'm still looking for a possibly Superior pattern possibly for a better fit, and suggestions would be appreciated.

Theirs also the question of fabrics, alot of the cosplays I have seen look like they use quite a thin, light fabric, rather than a heavy coat fabric which I thought would be better suited for his tunic and hat as the fabrics would have to be consistent. I'm thinking of using a gabardine/drill I have used form a trusted seller. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ref: http://www.cosplayisland.com/files/c...7878313569.jpg

The pattern I was referring too: http://meowaboutcosplay.com/guides_t...ink.html#tunic
SilverCollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Puppy-Sama
Your Royal Highness

I actually just made link's ocarina of time tunic and had a hell of a time making my own pattern bc I didn't like the patterns online. Take your measurements, get a few big sheets of paper and start drawing out a pattern like it's a long sleeveless V neck shirt. For the collar, I looked up how to sew a collar to shirt or collared shirt pattern or something and just modified the neckline. (I started with a V in the front and sewed the collar to it.) Then I cut out some sleeves. Tried that bad bod on, wound up modifying the chest (I have boobs) and waistline. Fabric wise, I used a strong cotton blend. When choosing fabric I walk around and look for the color I need and feel each fabric until I find one that FEELS right. Got mine at Joanne fabric. Be careful and don't pick something that's super stretchy, it's a pain to sew. And make sure your pattern is big enough to slip over your head, a;ways err on the big side, you can make it smaller. You'll want like 2-3 yards.
Puppy-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote