Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
hobbit_marco
Hinata fanboy!

Skin colored shirts/bodysuits opinion

What is everybody's opinion about skin colored shirts and stuff like that. I am planning on using it, because my crossplay will have bare shoulder and back. And I don't really like how my skin looks. And it makes everything easier because I can wear false boobies and wear the tight skin colored shirt over it, that way I might even get a little cleavage.

I hesitated a bit before I decided to use... it felt like 'cheating' and I would rather use my own skin and all... But I decided to use it in the end because it's much easier. And from a distance, you can't really tell the difference.

So... what do you guys think about it?
hobbit_marco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
EverEvolvingGrl
The Muscles from Brussels

Its very common. People use it when they don't feel comfortable with the amount of skin showing, they have skin abnomalities, they need to create an extensive illusion (like the appearance of breast, or no breast). Its sometimes necessary so why not do it to make yourself more comfortable? The point of cosplay isn't how much you are naturally like your character as so much as creating the illusion of a natural character, you know?
I think you've already made up your mind about what to use since you have more pro's than con's to wear one.

"If I had known I was destined for a premature demise.... I would have eaten more butter."
EverEvolvingGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

i used it becuase the male chracter im cosplaying doesnt wear a shirt and has tattoes in his back. plus im a girl so i can;t exposed my body 0.o
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

I used it because my character wore nothing but spandex pants, has body tattoos all over his body and I am a girl. I also plan on using it because the skin issue...to make it more tasteful. =) If you use it you definitely would not be the only one to choose to use it. If it makes you feel more comfortable and it works for your costume, go for it. It is quite normal. =)
ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
KumiNine
...:: Alien Fighter ::...

I was thinking about this recently. Ther are some crossplays I'd like to do that involve exposed arm pits, and being a guy I obviously have hair in them. Now, instead of shaving I do other things to cover hair. Fo rmy legs I have these crossdresser skin colored tights that I wear and they work perfect. So skin colored shirts might help me out.

Does anyone have links to some? Cheap ones that is, but I can't imagine them being expensive.
Nanoha - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Kumi - Alien 9
Masaru - Digimon Savers
Taichi - Digimon Adventure
KumiNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

I had to make my own skin color shirt. i used a nylon flesh color tone and when i needed it to be darker becuase it was super light. i colored with using some tea leaves and add alittle bit of scarlet red dye.

wish there were websites to order them but i dont know.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
Crimson Firefly
Paku Romi Wannabe

www.cosplaysupplies.com has a great selection of body suits, unitards, and skin tight clothes in every colour of the rainbow.

Pages of interest can be found Here and Here.

Ayanami Rei [Evangelion]
Kuma [Persona 4]
Sheila (update) [Mahou Shoujotai Arusu]

Last edited by Crimson Firefly : 01-18-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Crimson Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

I tend to think that nothing looks quite like real skin, so given the option (and the ability to show it off without being detained for indecent exposure) I'd go without the shirt. But it really comes down to what you're comfortable with.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
Menchi
Tee hee <3

i tend to not like body suits like that personally, but i also have no issue about showing skin so much. if you are self consious the body suits are nice being you aren't naked in your eyes...it is your call i spose?
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Copy_Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit_marco View Post
What is everybody's opinion about skin colored shirts and stuff like that. I am planning on using it, because my crossplay will have bare shoulder and back. And I don't really like how my skin looks. And it makes everything easier because I can wear false boobies and wear the tight skin colored shirt over it, that way I might even get a little cleavage.

I hesitated a bit before I decided to use... it felt like 'cheating' and I would rather use my own skin and all... But I decided to use it in the end because it's much easier. And from a distance, you can't really tell the difference.

So... what do you guys think about it?
@hobbit_marco
Is it okay to ask where your getting your skin colored shirt? I've been looking everywhere and no such luck. Thank you for your help!
Copy_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote