Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdown903p View Post
I live in Rochester NY and would really like to go to NYCC next year. I love marvel and have a lot of ideas for Marvel costumes. But have no one to go to the con with....Dont really think id enjoy going by myself....ive been working on a captain america and a winter soldier costume though.
I went by myself and met great people! As yourself I was actually scared of going alone but I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't had met as many as I did. You will find a group you can stick to during the con if anything. Just go next year.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
tsukeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
I went by myself and met great people! As yourself I was actually scared of going alone but I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't had met as many as I did. You will find a group you can stick to during the con if anything. Just go next year.
I agree. There are so, SO many awesome people at NYCC. Even if you go alone, you'll end up meeting people in panels or at photoshoots that share similar interests with you easily. Just don't be imitated by going alone to this con, especially when you live that close.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
crashdown903p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
I agree. There are so, SO many awesome people at NYCC. Even if you go alone, you'll end up meeting people in panels or at photoshoots that share similar interests with you easily. Just don't be imitated by going alone to this con, especially when you live that close.
I probably will go even if its by myself....Hopfully I can find some people to go with by then though. Ive got about a year haha....Do you know of any Marvel groups that get meet up there or anything?
crashdown903p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdown903p View Post
I probably will go even if its by myself....Hopfully I can find some people to go with by then though. Ive got about a year haha....Do you know of any Marvel groups that get meet up there or anything?
There's usually a Marvel ran costumed-gathering every year at their booth which many a cosplayers will gather at on Friday. There also usually ends up being cosplayer ran events throughout the weekend which are less organized, full of shipping-tards, and often hot messes. But some people enjoy those, so good on them.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
There's usually a Marvel ran costumed-gathering every year at their booth which many a cosplayers will gather at on Friday. There also usually ends up being cosplayer ran events throughout the weekend which are less organized, full of shipping-tards, and often hot messes. But some people enjoy those, so good on them.
That's how I ended up meeting my Loki ! And she introduced me to one of the Wasps that was around. Also this board is great too. Chris and his wife are awesome peope, as well as Eebee and her boyfriend. Even if you can't find someone specific to go with by the time the con rolls around you will meet most of us and we linger around.

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
eebee

Aww, I'm awesome people! ^^

Sorry for all my silence. Trying to not fail midterms right after weeks of crunch time cosplay work overriding homework makes for a very busy week.

@crashdown - one of the great parts of this site is you pretty much never have to go to a con alone! You can use the boards to chat up other people with similar cosplay/nerd interests and then hang out once you get there. =)

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
That's how I ended up meeting my Loki ! And she introduced me to one of the Wasps that was around. Also this board is great too. Chris and his wife are awesome peope, as well as Eebee and her boyfriend. Even if you can't find someone specific to go with by the time the con rolls around you will meet most of us and we linger around.
OH YOU! <3

Btw, was "your" Loki the same Loki w/ the muzzle during Friday gathering? Because she knows several ppl I know and I THINKKKKKKKKKKK I got roped into a group w/them, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post

Sorry for all my silence. Trying to not fail midterms right after weeks of crunch time cosplay work overriding homework makes for a very busy week.
Best of luck with that! Once your free from midterms, hit me up, we'll figure out hangage and such!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
tsukeru

I am really hoping that I will have an Ant-Man/Hank Pym with me for next year when I cosplay Janet/The Wasp. They are by far one of my absolute favorite couples in Marvel.
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
OH YOU! <3

Btw, was "your" Loki the same Loki w/ the muzzle during Friday gathering? Because she knows several ppl I know and I THINKKKKKKKKKKK I got roped into a group w/them, lol.
No she wasn't lol I was supposed to go up on stage with that group though... I just got massively confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Yes ya'll be awesome people ! <3

Btw, seems like I'm doing Amora again next year too but I'm going to be making her newest outfit which is basically all armor ; 3; damnnn itttt!!! Mockingbird has a husband providing he shows up >_> and I should be there as Leah from JiM with my friend as Kid Loki. There may be one more but I have no clue yet as to what's going on...

★Next Projects★

Last edited by tsutaya : 10-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Unread 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Btw, seems like I'm doing Amora again next year too but I'm going to be making her newest outfit which is basically all armor ; 3; damnnn itttt!!! Mockingbird has a husband providing he shows up >_> and I should be there as Leah from JiM with my friend as Kid Loki. There may be one more but I have no clue yet as to what's going on...
Ex-Husband, and I'll have Clint on hand so if you wanna pal around w/ a purple archer and his pals, you'll have me at the very least.

Hope everyone stays safe/dry/warm during ze hurricane btw!

Unread 10-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
expelliarmus359

going as Black cat ^_^
expelliarmus359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Ex-Husband, and I'll have Clint on hand so if you wanna pal around w/ a purple archer and his pals, you'll have me at the very least.

Hope everyone stays safe/dry/warm during ze hurricane btw!
Oh I'll have two husbands now xD!!! A friend I believe is doing Hawkeye too. Oh man one of these years I so wanna be the Phantom Rider, fem vr. That character is so awesomely psychotic XD!

★Next Projects★
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #28
tsukeru

I am really hoping I can convince one of my friends to cosplay as Ronin for 2013 when I do Mockingbird. They by far, are probably one of my Marvel OTP's~
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Oh I'll have two husbands now xD!!! A friend I believe is doing Hawkeye too. Oh man one of these years I so wanna be the Phantom Rider, fem vr. That character is so awesomely psychotic XD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
I am really hoping I can convince one of my friends to cosplay as Ronin for 2013 when I do Mockingbird. They by far, are probably one of my Marvel OTP's~
I definetly dig Clint X Bobbi, but I kind of like them split up for the time being. Hopefully they'll build up Mockingbird to be a bit more than just "Hawkeye's love interest". That and there's a certain degree of awkwardness to Clint X Jessica Drew that I find super-cute. Of course I'm jaded because I'm coming off of a Avengers shoot this past weekend where my friend Tini was the Jess to my Clint, why my wife was making smotchie faces at the Winter Soldier in the group. Stupid Bucky.

Unread 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #30
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Lol! Btw there may be a slight change in my line up for next year. Not sure yet but I may show up in a little blue. Just can't say anymore lol!!! Kind of a surprise actually. If this happens to got through it's gonna be awesome is all I can say.

★Next Projects★