Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 07-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Favorite Anime Couples

Pretty much just what the title says.

Sweden/Finland (Hetalia) - such a sweet married couple
Prussia/Hungary (Hetalia) - especially when he's portrayed as having unrequited feelings for her and she's with Austria, I find it tragically beautiful.
Ryoga/Ukyo (Ranma 1/2) - not canon but the series did play with the idea a bit, I kind like the idea of two friends finding love in each other after realizing the people they have previously gone after are no longer available.
Miroku/Sango (InuYasha) - I'm not sure why but I always liked them better than InuYasha/Kagome. Maybe because they got engaged and made plans for what to do after Naraku's death, long before it happened.
Hideki/Chi (Chobits) - I was hesitant about this pairing at the beginning because she's a persacom. But the series ended up exploring the issue in a way that made me root for them.

With Fruits Basket, I actually like both Kyo/Tohru and Yuki/Tohru. I like the latter more but that probably just because Yuki is the type of guy I'd date.

Unread 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

I KNEW this was doomed from the very start, but I was really rooting for Sakura to get together with Yuki in Card Captor Sakura. In the second series of the manga, when she confesses her love for him in the maze, I actually held off on turning the page for a long minute, because I knew whatever his answer was, it wasn't going to be as good as that one moment, and I wanted to fully experience it. (I haven't seen the whole anime yet, so I don't know if there's a similar moment in the series.)

I was also rooting for Hitomi and Allen in Vision of Escaflowne...again, I knew they weren't going to end up together because heroines rarely end up with the first guy they have a crush on, but again, when they were being manipulated into almost kissing on the bridge, I held my breath.

Maybe I have a thing for not-gonna-happen couples. =D
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

sunseenli there IS the SAME moment I believe in the anime. Is it durring the festival or whatever? When they go into what is in a way like a fun house? If so that is where she says it in the anime. And I believe his name is Yui not Yuki lol

Anyway, I like the Vegeta/Bulma and Goku/Chichi ones. The Gohan/Vadell is pretty good too. I also like the Squall/Rinoa and Zack/Aeris.

In terms of couples that are not actually couples, I like the whole Sora/Kairi thing and Cloud/Tifa.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
sunseenli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
sunseenli there IS the SAME moment I believe in the anime. Is it durring the festival or whatever? When they go into what is in a way like a fun house? If so that is where she says it in the anime. And I believe his name is Yui not Yuki lol
Yes, during the festival, in the fun house! That's exactly what I'm thinking of.

And I think we're both right--his name is Yukito in his human form, and Yue in his guardian form.

Quote:
Anyway, I like the Vegeta/Bulma and Goku/Chichi ones. The Gohan/Vadell is pretty good too. I also like the Squall/Rinoa and Zack/Aeris.

In terms of couples that are not actually couples, I like the whole Sora/Kairi thing and Cloud/Tifa.
For all that I'm a Tifa cosplayer, I'm actually more of a fan of Cloud/Aeris. That may change after I finally get around to playing Crisis Core, however.
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea Yue that's what I was thinking lol I knew it was close..I haven't watched it since 2010 so I forgot completely and I also forgot his human name was Yukito lol Totally slipped my mind lol

Do you not want me to spoil Crisis Core then? Let's just say after playing it you will see what I mean.
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
sunseenli

Quote:
Yea Yue that's what I was thinking lol I knew it was close..I haven't watched it since 2010 so I forgot completely and I also forgot his human name was Yukito lol Totally slipped my mind lol
Completely understandable. I really should get around to watching it myself.

Quote:
Do you not want me to spoil Crisis Core then? Let's just say after playing it you will see what I mean.
Well, I have an idea--I know that Zack and Aeris dated, and that a lot of Cloud's mannerisms are based on (copied from) Zack's, but that's about it.
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea I need to re watch it. I love that anime so much lol
Never got the manga though..Can't find it anymore..There was a Clow Book (vol. 1-6) at half price books before they shut down here. It was only $24 but I just HAD to be broke..Then the next time I went it was gone..

Yea that's basically what I was gonna say. Cloud doesn't have a "thing" for her though. He respects that Zack loved her and wouldn't betray his best friend. Very noble of him huh lol
Unread 08-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
sunseenli

Quote:
Yea I need to re watch it. I love that anime so much lol
Never got the manga though..Can't find it anymore..There was a Clow Book (vol. 1-6) at half price books before they shut down here. It was only $24 but I just HAD to be broke..Then the next time I went it was gone..
Have you tried Amazon?

Quote:
Yea that's basically what I was gonna say. Cloud doesn't have a "thing" for her though. He respects that Zack loved her and wouldn't betray his best friend. Very noble of him huh lol
Well, it's hard to betray a corpse...

All right, now I'm just being morbid.
Unread 08-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I actually have not..I am sure I can find them on there but Amazon hates my debit card..I have to have my mom do it for some stupid reason. But I've been broke for a while since I last saw them so I haven't gotten the money to pay for a good condition set.

Yes it IS hard. But I guess it's the whole guy code thing lol They got the guy code in a damn game good lord what is this world coming to lol
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
sunseenli

Quote:
I actually have not..I am sure I can find them on there but Amazon hates my debit card..I have to have my mom do it for some stupid reason. But I've been broke for a while since I last saw them so I haven't gotten the money to pay for a good condition set.
It's too bad we don't live closer to each other--I'd definitely lend you my set so you could at least read through it once. Oh! But here's a thought--have you tried MangaFox?

Quote:
Yes it IS hard. But I guess it's the whole guy code thing lol They got the guy code in a damn game good lord what is this world coming to lol
Ah, yes, the guy code. ::laughs:: You know, you don't hear about a chick code nearly as much. I guess we're just immoral--especially when it comes to cute guys like Cloud. ^.~

Man, this is just making me want to replay FF7 more and more. But I have such a backlog of games I should be playing instead...
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Woa yea..Just looked and you're all the way on the other side of the country lol so yea that sucks. I'd totally want to read them..O well..And no..Never heard of it..

There is a chick code too..It's basically the same thing lol

Yea. I loved the original game. I have it but I'm too lazy and It's pissing me off right now..I'm at the part where you need to ride a chocobo across the desert like area so the big snake thing doesn't attack you. But that stuff you bet from the farmer guy that makes chocobos show up, even though it attracts them, I still have to kill the enemies before I can ride it but they run every time..I spent like 2 hours getting in random fights after the first one shows up without getting another one for some reason..
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
sunseenli

Quote:
Woa yea..Just looked and you're all the way on the other side of the country lol so yea that sucks. I'd totally want to read them..O well..And no..Never heard of it..
Lemme link you, then:

http://mangafox.me/

Ah...dang. Cardcaptor Sakura isn't one of the ones they offer, because it is licensed. But there's a ton of translated manga on there!

Quote:
There is a chick code too..It's basically the same thing lol
I guess I don't have enough chick friends for it to have ever come up.

Quote:
Yea. I loved the original game. I have it but I'm too lazy and It's pissing me off right now..I'm at the part where you need to ride a chocobo across the desert like area so the big snake thing doesn't attack you. But that stuff you bet from the farmer guy that makes chocobos show up, even though it attracts them, I still have to kill the enemies before I can ride it but they run every time..I spent like 2 hours getting in random fights after the first one shows up without getting another one for some reason..
OMG I know exactly what you mean! I think catching the first initial chocobos is WAY HARDER than breeding the special ones later. So many chocobos run away! Silly things...
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Well, if I want to read manga then I will totally go there lol too bad it is not on there though..

lol XD Well..Haven't you ever hear that a girl should never date her best friends ex? That's pretty common..

Yea..Not for me lol All that game wants to do is piss me off....Lol
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #14
sunseenli

Quote:
Well, if I want to read manga then I will totally go there lol too bad it is not on there though..
They have some other good stuff on there--I know that's where I read the Sailor V manga before it was officially translated here in the States.

Quote:
lol XD Well..Haven't you ever hear that a girl should never date her best friends ex? That's pretty common..
Uh...hmm, I guess. I don't know, my friends and I are pretty chill. My ex-boyfriend was my best man at my wedding. Granted, he and my husband only became friends after the ex and I had already been broken up for almost a decade, but still. I'm very close friends with my ex's wife, as well--we cosplay together and everything.

Quote:
Yea..Not for me lol All that game wants to do is piss me off....Lol
Did you pick up Dream Drop Distance? A friend of mine bought it and is willing to lend it to me, but I haven't played the PSP Kingdom Hearts yet, Birth By Sleep I think? And I kind of want to play them in order.
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

O nice. I never read the Sailor V manga lol I was gonna buy the original SM manga but the only person selling it was on here for like 300 bux..A little much for used books..

Well, that's a bit different....Your husband and your ex were not friends prior to break up. Like if your husband was the best friend of your ex while still dating the ex, He would probably have felt weird dating you after..

........Don't speak of that game....I don't have a 3dc...Or money....That goddamn commercial plays WAY too much..Then before it came out, back in June, I went to the mall looking for a job and game stop's bitch asses decided "hey lets put this huge ass KHDD sign out where all the fans with no money can fee it and taunt them >.<

Well if you want to play themIN ORDER, you have to play Birth By Sleep FIRST..It's the prequel to KH1