Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 11-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
way_to_obsessed

Simple Wig question

I'm searching for the Japanese equivalent of Motions Oil Sheen. So a detangler that pretty much prevents tangling before use. I got roped into making a costume that I wasn't going to wear until comiket this weekend for a Fate only event and my wig is super long so I'd like to take as much prevention caution I can possibly do before said event. I'm a Maple wig fan galore but I don't really enjoy their detangling spray. Any advice for something I can get around here?
way_to_obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Nekomitsu
Sharpen your claws!

Have you tried asking around at an Assist Cosplay store? I've been meaning to try the Ikebukuro place for ages but haven't really found the time... still, I have to. I've the same problem you do. ^^'
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
way_to_obsessed

Thanks for the reply!
I haven't asked around there. I went in once or twice but I'm not a huge fan of their wig style selection so I haven't really talked to the workers much. Unlike Maple they don't come and try to help you along with the wig selection process. They just kinda sit and stare at you. kinda unnerving to me really. I'm also terrified of being the one to start the conversation so I'm not too good at asking questions Curse my inability to socialize.
My friend around here suggested like Baby fabric softener and I've put on a coat (Probably put a few more on before the next event because my friend's that forced me in on it canceled last second on me ;A but judging by how her wigs look after she wears them she either doesn't like BATHE them in it like me or it'll have no effect what-so-ever. So I'm still wayyy open to suggestions if anyone knows anything!
way_to_obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Nekomitsu
Sharpen your claws!

Hmmm... I intend to go shopping around Ikebukuro for Comiket supplies next week, so I'll take a look around and ask for it. I'm pretty sure they'll have something useful at Assist Wig - I swear by their shaping hair gel

But yeah, hahahah, I know what you mean - it's so unnerving, shopping in that place. It's one of the few stores I prefer to go by when it's crowded :P

Oh, do tell me how the baby fabric softener deal works for you! I tried it for my Japan Expo cosplay last year, but the results were less than satisfactory... =(