Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 09-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
DeadKoiBunny

Talking K-Town Cosplay Day

K-Town Cosplay Day!
Kingston, Ontario

Bring a lunch/snacks, camera, cash.
Dress for the weather. Hoping the weather is good we'll have a little picnic. Maybe go out for dinner depending how late people want to stay. Also, we may be walking around a bit since there are some great locations for photos.

Date: October 20, 2012
it's right downtown and its a large fountain I figure it's easy to spot.
Time: 11am to 11pm

Check out the K-Town Cosplay group on Facebook and join us if you're in the area.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/404790622917813/
DeadKoiBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray! Coming if at all possible! Probably wearing the same cosplay as last year, since I've been missing wearing it as of late. Should we maybe get a bit of a list made up of food items people are planning to take along to share if we're going to do a picnic (figure out any allergies, how much to bring, etc.)? Oh, and there's TONS of nearby restaurants, too. And I THINK the public restrooms at the park are still open that late, but if not, there's some restaurants, the library about three blocks away, the ferry dock's waiting station a little down the street, and an Indigo books, though it's much, much further up Princess Street.

And if it helps newbies to Kingston, Confederation park is also right across from the front of the city hall, on the waterfront edge where there's a harbour, and on Ontario street. Lol.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-16-2012 at 11:24 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
MDA
Destiny Productions

So excited!!! Gotta get stuff for doing Joker... need purple.

I was thinking I might bring a bag of treats. Like Halloween candies. Same bag will go to QCDP if there's enough left over. And then work if there's still enough XD

Bringing cake to QCDP... the cake will not be a lie!
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I was going to contribute mini chocolate bars, myself. Like last year. And I guess after Thanksgiving I'll spruce Aoi up. He's been sitting for a while and the hood stitches have come loose... I think this WILL be the last wear for him. A shame, because I really do love that cosplay.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
DeadKoiBunny

Let me know about food allergies.
I will be making cupcakes and cookies. Bringing a case of pop or two. Also, an assortment of other foods.
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

No allergies on my end (just a weird intolerance to pomegranate, which doesn't exactly count). I can eat anything delicious and sweet ^_^.
Unread 10-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
DeadKoiBunny

Finally decided what I'll be wearing...my Lolita Harley Quinn.
I want pics with my giant hammer
Also, I'll be bringing lots of yummy treats with me to share. Again, let me know of food allergies.
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
MDA
Destiny Productions

Joker shall make an appearance! I got Joker's makeup today ^^
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm still rather tempted to wear my Molly Millions costume early, but walking around wearing stiletto boots all day doesn't seem like it'd be much fun. And it's not a particularly costumey costume minus finger-blades and having mirror lenses stuck to my eye sockets... so as long as it's not freezing cold, it'll still be Aoi.
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
DeadKoiBunny

Yeah, walking around in stilettos all day isn't fun....I've done it before and learned my lesson.
Aoi will be nice to see again and get some more pics of.
MDA, can't wait to see how your Joker turns out.
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Spruced up Aoi and now he's ready for a last wear! Among fixing some loose stitches, I actually had to take in my belt. I've lost about ten pounds since July so it was a bit too loose to not fall off, since it's this low-slung angled thing.
Unread 10-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm excited to see Aoi again
Where do you plan to wear Molly to?
Joker's all done ^^ Got the suit jacket and pants all finished. Only things I didn't sew was the button holes because my mom's better at it XD I need to find my grandfather's old ties since Joker tends to wear old-man ties. I'm taking more from Dark Knight for Joker.

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
DeadKoiBunny

Yay I'll have a Joker!
hmm...i should see if Harley needs any work done....
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
I'm excited to see Aoi again
Where do you plan to wear Molly to?
Joker's all done ^^ Got the suit jacket and pants all finished. Only things I didn't sew was the button holes because my mom's better at it XD I need to find my grandfather's old ties since Joker tends to wear old-man ties. I'm taking more from Dark Knight for Joker.
Molly's my Halloween costume for this year (boyfriend's doing a closet Batou. Hehe, we'll be a cyberpunk couple this year!). I was going to try and go to the AN Halloween party and wear her there too, but it doesn't look like I have the funds for the trip, so, just Halloween night. Most of the costume is stuff I already own; I'm using my Aoi wig (it was a tough call though, I had it or a black shorter-cut wig I was trying to decide between, but in the end higher-quality won out over colour accuracy),my leather jacket, boots and tights that I already own, and the fake nails, mirror lenses and finger-blades cost me about thirty bucks total (including the double-sided tape). So an easy and NOT freezing Halloween costume.

So, has anyone not on the coscom forums said they're going to come? It'd be great if more people show up this year. Not that I didn't have oodles of fun last year in our little group, but it'd be nice to know that Kingston's not a TOTAL desert for cosplayers.
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Bumping with just a week to go!