Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Baku-Bug
A bug named Baku

Becoming the God of Mischief (Loki; Avengers Cosplay)

Oh dear God, what am I getting myself into?

So I've decided to embark on the massively epic journey of cosplaying as Loki from The Avengers. Actually, technically speaking, you could say I'm doing two Loki cosplays; one from The Avengers, and one from Thor (Frost Giant Loki, thank you very much. But this is a discussion for later)

Anyway. My sewing skills are no where high enough to actually construct this one my own. Unfortunately, and I know that I won't be able to make it on my own and have it ready for next October (Anime Banzai, anyone?!) Especially because I'm pursuing a total of five cosplays. Yikes. So my plan is this. Commission the basic costume, or find one online elsewhere, and then craft all props and weapons by myself; the helmet, the scepter, and the armor. I still want to contribute to my own cosplay after all, more than just wearing it.

So I ask a tiny favor.

Do any of you know where I could buy a good quality Loki cosplay?

I've seen at least one that's over a thousand dollars. I'm sure it's wonderful, but please don't point me to it. If it's over $300, then I'd rather not ^^; Possibly a bad decision on my part. Also, if you know of anyone who I could possibly commission to do this for me, that would be equally amazing, actually...That would be preferred. Thank you for your time!
Baku-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

First before I give my suggestions, might I say congrats for choosing Loki? I, also plan to cosplay him though it's been taking my commissioner a while to finish. I shall be cosplaying his "Kid Loki" version from the comics. Now, for suggestions. I say if you can't make it yourself definitely get a commissioner to make it for you. With that, I can only think of one these cosplayers/commissioner and each of their cosplays are different. Sadly not sure how much they charge completely but my fiancee ordered from the first and it cost her about 600 for armor included with the costume.

Her commissioner is: CosplayMandy and she's made two other Lokis that I know of -
*Fahrlight http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d5f0jqb.jpg
*Lopti/Some like it Blue http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...is-d52v5fn.jpg

second commissioner: Aicosu-
*http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...su-d5i33lp.jpg
*http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...hy96o1_500.jpg

third: KidofMischief (on Tumblr)
http://rikuryou.weebly.com/avengersloki.html

Sadly don't know how much they charge but you should definitely ask them for a quote for a Loki cosplay.
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Baku-Bug
A bug named Baku

Thank you so much for replying!
And yes, congrats on being as foolish as me for choosing Loki!
I hope to see pictures of it up soon!

And thanks so much for the links!
FahrLight is one of my favorite Loki's, oh dear lord, her Frost Giant version *Faint*

Good luck on your cosplay!
Baku-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

No Problem! ^.^ Always enjoy helping as many cosplayers as possible (If I can >.>)
Got everything, but the cosplay itself for it ready since my commissioner isn't done. Well technically she needs to work on the Armor and that should be it. I'll most likely post pictures the moment I get it (hopefully before the 31st) Also we're just awesome, not foolish >>

Again, no problem :3
>< I love them all, but when it comes to the costumes I can't decide which version I like better. But I do enjoy Fahrlight's cosplay since she looks older/more boyish than Lopti.

Same to you and whichever convention or event you roam around in it with ^^
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Alkaas

My needlecraft are no where postgraduate enough to actually speculate this one my own.I noneffervescent necessary to pay to my own cosplay after all, statesman than fair wearing it.
Alkaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
StuckOnAsgard
You Were Made To Be Ruled

Congrats on your decision to cosplay Loki. I to will be cosplaying him. Not this year for Comicon but next year since this year will be Belle from Once Upon A Time. I know how it feels to not have the sewing skills to make a costume as amazing as Loki's costume. I have however spoke with Mandy and will be ordering one from her. As soon as the holiday season is done. My husband as also agreed to help with building my props. (armor, helmet, mouth piece) I am so excited and look forward to updating my progress with the items we will be making along with the rest of you.
StuckOnAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote