Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
patriciarakel

FOUND: Rose Tyler series 4 blue jacket

I know that it's hard to find Rose's blue leather bomber jacket from series 4 (I spent several months searching for something similar myself), and so I thought I would share a link I found with you guys. It's not perfect, but it's close. It's a little lighter than her jacket, but the overall shape and style is there. It's only available in size L, though, and it looks like there's only one left in blue. There are two white ones in M, if you'd want to try your hand at dying it.

Edit: The blue one is gone now (I hope it went to a fantastic future Rose cosplayer!), but there are still two white ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Faux-Lea...item5d30290dd0

Last edited by patriciarakel : 11-26-2012 at 11:24 PM.
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
patriciarakel

Found a few other alternatives!

This one looks almost exactly like the one I posted before (might be the same one, actually). Lighter blue than Rose's, but same basic shape. Size L.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COBALT-B...em53f0c 776f5

This one is a little different than the last two. It's a little more accurate than the last one in color and pocket placement, though it looks like it might be a little darker than the original, and the bottom pockets look like they snap or buckle instead of zip. Besides that, this jacket is almost identical to the last one one in terms of shape. It looks like there's only one, and it's in size S.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Womans-J...item2325854055

This one's probably the least accurate of the ones I've posted, but it might be a good alternative for someone on a budget. It's a little too far on the teal side, but it does have a good shape and would work for Rose. There's only one left, in size L.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hailey-Jeans...item1c2be54e51

Last edited by patriciarakel : 11-27-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Unread 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Or, this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2209721907...84.m1423.l2649

Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
patriciarakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraelynRose View Post
Ooh, very nice. That one looks nearly perfect.

If anyone else knows of similar matches, please share. I keep tabs on ebay US in case something pops up, but I'm just one person, and this is a tricky jacket to pin down.

Last edited by patriciarakel : 11-26-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
patriciarakel

Decided to browse ebay UK for the jacket and came up with these:

This one's an Oasis, which is the same brand as the original jacket, but it's a different color. The picture looks black, but the seller says that it's "blue charcoal". Size 10.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oasis-Leat...em 43b64b9f42

This also has similar jackets to Martha and Donna, but it has two different colors for Rose's jacket, a purple and a blue/indigo. Purple in sizes S, M, L, and XL and indigo in sizes S, L, and XL.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOMEN-LADI...item4d0537121c

Last edited by patriciarakel : 11-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Just to show the colors...

This is the purple/indigo blue Adeline jacket:

This is the charcoal blue Oasis:

Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
LifeofaGeek

Thanks!

Thanks so much for these! I'm going to be attending a local WhoCon in a couple months, and also hopefully ComicCon this summer, and my boyfriend is set on going as the 10th doctor, so obviously I need to be Rose! I thought the jacket was going to be so difficult to find, but this thread helped me find one in no time flat. I can't wait till it gets here! Thanks so much for putting it all together, and also, for posting some pictures of the actual jackets, its really helpful! Now I just need to get a 10th doctor costume together for the boyfriend!
LifeofaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
patriciarakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeofaGeek View Post
Thanks so much for these! I'm going to be attending a local WhoCon in a couple months, and also hopefully ComicCon this summer, and my boyfriend is set on going as the 10th doctor, so obviously I need to be Rose! I thought the jacket was going to be so difficult to find, but this thread helped me find one in no time flat. I can't wait till it gets here! Thanks so much for putting it all together, and also, for posting some pictures of the actual jackets, its really helpful! Now I just need to get a 10th doctor costume together for the boyfriend!
No problem! That's why I started the thread in the first place. I spent way too long searching the internet for this jacket. It just felt right to help others. Good luck to you and your boyfriend!
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
lunabuna
Bad Wolf Omega

Red face

Thank you SO much for this post!! Unfortunately it's the 24th and they're not available anymore, especially in my size (small). But knowing where to get them and they're out there makes me ECSTATIC, so... I'll keep an eye on eBay then! Thanks! And I'll track this tag, too. You're a peach.

EDIT: Holy god, this thing is eating my posts... anyway, editing because I actually clicked ALL the links this time.. god, it's 3:30am and I'm in a cosplay stupor... and found the blue Rose jacket in my size, and lucky me because apparently they've sold 12 and only had 2 left. The UK eBay thing has some, guys, and a lot of other Doctor Who companion stuff if anyone cares and it hasn't already been mentioned. Uh, god, I need sleep. But I'm happy I found it. I'm grateful for the poster. Thank you, OP! You're cool! And sorry for the edit. Now the only thing I need is to construct the gun. I have a plan to make the top of it accessible to a hollow top so you can store wallets and valuables without having to carry them, since... that costume... yeah.

Completed Costumes:
Lunar: The Silver Star Story - Jessica Alkirk
Doctor Who - Rose Tyler (Series 4 blue jacket outfit)
Doctor Who - Amy Pond

Future Costumes:
Lunar: The Silver Star Story - Royce (fortune teller outfit)
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Mauri
Darkstalkers - Hsien-Ko
Ah! My Goddess - Urd
My Little Pony - Anthro-pegasus OC

Last edited by lunabuna : 01-25-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I'm a derp.
lunabuna is offline   Reply With Quote