Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
davidtourniquet

My Lust crossplay

Here is my first attempt at a lust crossplay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...quet/lust1.jpg

Boots are on their way and I haven't done the tattoo yet.
What do you all think?
davidtourniquet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

You're making good progress but your hair/wig needs to be done better. Do you have a reference pic?

I would suggest styling products and brushing it through. Curling your natural hair by braiding it wet and then brushing it out with soft bristles can make nice natural waves if your hair is that long.

I'm not as experienced with wigs but using Motion oil sheen with adds shine to it. As for the waves I'd revert to asking in the wigs section.

Keep up the good work.

My deviantart

Next stop!: Katsucon
Current cosplay(s):
Rei Ayanami [school-girl ver.] (100%)
Rena Lanford //Star Ocean: The Second Story (100%)
Upcoming cosplay(s):
Medusa Gorgon // Soul Eater (90%)

Eva Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
davidtourniquet

Well I do need to get a wig for this crossplay. I think this is the closest image to what I was aiming for:

http://www.yale.edu/anime/imgarchive...mist/lust2.jpg

As I said the tattoo in the middle of her chest hasn't been done yet.
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

Well, you can still work your own hair. I know it's not done often but your natural hair works you just got to be sure to put enough product in it because your hair length/color does work.

My deviantart

Next stop!: Katsucon
Current cosplay(s):
Rei Ayanami [school-girl ver.] (100%)
Rena Lanford //Star Ocean: The Second Story (100%)
Upcoming cosplay(s):
Medusa Gorgon // Soul Eater (90%)

Eva Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
davidtourniquet

My natural hair is brown and not that long (that picture is a wig).
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
Nekko
Future Companion

Not really ment to hurt you but I am being blunt.

Get a new wig. That wig is trashed. Also practice poses that work for your body more. Lust is suposed to be a sex object not a drag queen. Also use body tape to keep the dress over the fake boobs. I can see them in the picture. For a wig you could try The coxworth Celena in #2. Lusts hair color is not black It is really dark brown.
The dress will pass and so will the gloves.

Good luck
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
davidtourniquet

Thanks, that wasn't hurtful. That was constructive criticism. At least I know what else needs to be done now.
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
Nekko
Future Companion

I am glad that you knew it was CC. I was worried I would get flamed for it.
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
davidtourniquet

Nope, you would of if you had just said "it's crap" and not given a reason
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
Idii

Yeah, i agree with them. the only major things i see wrong are the way that the false boobs are out fo the dress, so find a way to attach the dress above them, and get really.. any other wig. If you cant get a nice wavy one, even a cheap but smooth one would look better. it sorta gives off a 'wicked witch of the west' feel the way its frizzing
Idii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #11
PenguinCheese

The biggest problem right off is the wig, but the boobs showing is definitely important also. I would actually advice slightly darker, more seductive makeup, like smoky purple eyes and lipstick that leans a little more toward plum than red. Also, darkening your eyebrows and giving them a dramatic arch might improve the look. But as mentioned, remember you must look lustful, sexual, enticing, not whorish, trampy, or draggish. It'll be a very delicate balance in the makeup, try several looks till you get the right one. If I stop being lazy, I might eventually do some eyeshadow tutorials.
PenguinCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #12
davidtourniquet

Yeah I wasn't too sure on if I needed any eyeshadow.
Thanks.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

I think I'd actually suggest a wig in 1B, or off-black. Something smooth and wavy. I got the Natalie XL in 1B from CosWorx for this costume, and it really seems to fit the character well with minimal styling. The only problem is that it's a bit shorter than it ought to be, but it's hard to find a wavy wig as long as Lust's hair is.

As for the makeup, definitely go for more dramatic eyebrows and maybe more controlled but defined eyeliner. I'd suggest more of a white for Lust's eyeshadow simply because it doesn't appear she wears any and it would give some definition to the eyes without using a vivid color. I could be very wrong, though, since I know very little about makeup. XD With the lipstick, I'm not sure how it is in the manga, but in the anime, her top lip is black and her bottom a dark plum color, but that's something that's just an out-there detail.

The dress is looking good, though. I'd suggest some body tape to keep the tops of the gloves up, since they look like they'll be long enough to look like Lust's sleeves, but you want to make sure they don't fall to around your elbow or something for photos. I really like the work on the gloves, especially the symbol on the back of the hand.

Hah, sorry I got long-winded, but I'm in the middle of the same costume, and I've been making mistakes and trying to improve things left right and center. I didn't think this could be well-crossplayed, but it looks like you should be able to. Keep up the good work!
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Mariks_Dragon
Distroyer of Yami

I am going to cosplay lust and I have some things to say. As everyone stated get a new wig. you look like lust that stuck her finger in a light socke. And with the dress, the slit is way to high up. it only goes a little past her knees. and your makeup is way to light, and you need to make sure your "boobs" are going to say in. its not a bad start but it need a lot of work

Goddess from Speed Grapher

Szayel Aporro Granz Released from Bleach
Mariks_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
davidtourniquet

Well I didn't make the dress it was made for me. I have about 6 months before i would possibly use it so thats enough time, maybe bad now but comments on how to improve will help move it towards a decent crossplay.