Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Suki Rios

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2013

Hey guys! Thought i'd start getting together a yugioh photoshoot thread for this year! I helped run it last year and it was a blast and we had plenty of room where we went (third floor balcony) so i might choose there like last year. We were outside but right near some doors so people could duck into the AC to cool off for a little.

Sooo any pose ideas or requests feel free to put them on here as well as what you're cosplaying so I can possibly suggest poses. I myself am gonna do Legendary Knight Critias and will have a Legendary Knight Timaeus with me for at least one of the days.

I'm planning on having a friday and saturday shoot as well so if you cant make it to one, hopefully you can make it to the other
Suki Rios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Been waiting for this thread since forever xD I'm bringing Pegasus on Saturday ^^ Most likely the manga version unless I can miraculously find some red pants that match my jacket.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 03-27-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Suki Rios

get white then dye it? and yeah, it only crossed my mind to check recently and was surprised to find no one made one yet. everyone was a fantastic group last year so i thought i'd run it again. (unlike anime north where no one listened to me and thus i'm not doing it again there this year and as a result, no one has made a photoshoot thread yet)
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Darkspine29
Obscure as it Gets

Ahh! I'm so excited for the YGO gathering/s Otakon this year I can hardly wait! I'm gonna bring Kisara and Mai with me for sure and hopefully I'll have Carly done in time as well. Last year the gathering was definitely the highlight of the con so I can't wait to see you all again!
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Suki Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspine29 View Post
Ahh! I'm so excited for the YGO gathering/s Otakon this year I can hardly wait! I'm gonna bring Kisara and Mai with me for sure and hopefully I'll have Carly done in time as well. Last year the gathering was definitely the highlight of the con so I can't wait to see you all again!
I definitely wanna have a private shoot with you if i can keep the promise i made at Katsucon and get Seth done. Critias is gonna be my main and i might do Yusei another day or just save him for a private shoot, depending on who might come to the everyone shoots
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
KatyaNoctis

Agh I am so late on participating in this thread >.>

I'll be one of my Kaibas again Kinda hoping to have Season 1's coat redone as I haven't worn it in over a year!
KatyaNoctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Debitto_of_Bond
The Quaker Man

There might be a Bandit Keith popping up to this photoshoot time permitting of course.

@Quinn: YAY for Pegasus Love!!

Otakon 2014:

Dandy! Space Dandy
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Beelzemon: Digimon Tamers
Mousse: Ranma 1/2
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
TV's Frank: MST3K

AWA 2014:

Dandy: Space Dandy
Megabyte: ReBoot (HOPEFULLY!!! )
Schuldig: Weiss Kruez
The First Doctor: Doctor Who
Victor S. Court: Bravely Default
Debitto_of_Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
diogateoradom

I'm planning on going as Lumis and I'm gonna have an Umbra with me.
diogateoradom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
friend9810

I'm planning on being Bakura at some point
friend9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #10
caxarsis

haha, I maaaaay bring my shoddy Ishizu cosplay again, but I'd love to come to a gathering/meetup regardless
caxarsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
justify
Devon

I'll have my Judai cosplay on hand, and my friend has told me she's decided to make Johan for the occasion as well :3 I'm also gonna try to redo my Shark wig and do his casual clothes.
Yugioh Zexal - Nasch
Yugioh Zexal - Ryoga

tumblr + deviantart
justify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #12
Darkspine29
Obscure as it Gets

So have the times been decided at all yet? Because we might wanna snag our favorite spot before it gets filled. It was around 4 ish each day last year I thinK? anyone else have any suggestions?
EDIT: Just looked at the spreadsheet and 4 on Friday and 2 on Saturday only have one other group at the 3rd floor terrace as of now so maybe then?

Last edited by Darkspine29 : 07-04-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Darkspine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #13
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I have a photoshoot at 5 on Saturday that I'm changing costumes for, but I should still be Pegasus at 2. That works for me!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
HitokiriKumiko
I am.... Mustang

Hey everyone!! I didn't know if any of you are going to be cosplaying as someone from season one but I probably won't be cosplaying from there anymore so I am selling my duel disk (seen here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3404827/ ) and was wondering if any of you guys needed one. pm me

OTAKON 2014

Friday: Hipster Belle
Saturday: Moka - Rosario Vampire
Sunday: Haruhi - Ouran Host Club (maybe)

Please visit my page to preview more cosplays: http://www.facebook.com/akainaskyecosplay
HitokiriKumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
KatyaNoctis

The same times/places as last year sound good to me I liked the third floor terrace; we could duck inside when we got super hot but it also made for some great shots. Should we snag those times?

Hitokiri: Man, I'd take you up on that if I cosplayed Kaiba from seasons 2+. If I hear that a friend needs one or something, though, I'll let you know!
KatyaNoctis is offline   Reply With Quote