Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 10-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
FinalPhantasy

Pikachu Cosplay

Here are some progress shots of my Pikachu cosplay and the rest can be found here http://www.cosplay.com/costume/440073/

The cosplay as you can is is a bit more on the revealing side but this is for Halloween and this year i wanted to have a bit of fun. But what do you guys think? And what do you guys think about it being a little more well... Slutty? I know many disagree and believe Pikachu should be furry and cuter. But I think Pikachu is one of those cosplays that can be interpreted in many ways, mine being one of them. But any advice, tips would be nice.

Last edited by FinalPhantasy : 10-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.
FinalPhantasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

So it will be some sexy version of Pika??
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
natsuo
Wonderflexing

I'm not too fond of "sexy" Pokemon cosplays.

I guess for a halloween party it's fine, but if you wore this to con you would get some dirty looks from Pokemon fans.

(Minus maybe some guys... lol)

Like me on facebook!
www.facebook.com/natsuocosplay

Check me out on worldcosplay!
http://worldcosplay.net/member/51186/

Matsuricon 2013 costume plans:
Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Ohayocon 2014 costume plans:
Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
natsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
FinalPhantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsuo View Post
I'm not too fond of "sexy" Pokemon cosplays.

I guess for a halloween party it's fine, but if you wore this to con you would get some dirty looks from Pokemon fans.

(Minus maybe some guys... lol)
That makes sense, If I do go to a con i'll probably cover the top with a sweater or find a different top. But I did try to make the top a little less revealing from what I had planned. I originally was going to have it cross in the front and look more like a bikini top but I was looking at photos of Juliette Starling cosplays and got a bit of inspiration from their. I'm not normally the person to degrade myself but it's haloween, the one time of year where I can and no one will judge me.
Unread 10-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Penguin_Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalPhantasy View Post
That makes sense, If I do go to a con i'll probably cover the top with a sweater or find a different top. But I did try to make the top a little less revealing from what I had planned. I originally was going to have it cross in the front and look more like a bikini top but I was looking at photos of Juliette Starling cosplays and got a bit of inspiration from their. I'm not normally the person to degrade myself but it's haloween, the one time of year where I can and no one will judge me.
Um, if I had a body like yours, HECK YES I'd wear it to a con. Who cares if you get dirty looks? They're just jealous b/c you're hot. I think you should keep it just like this and wear some awesome yellow boots with heels! It's so cute!

Zim: Oh, you'll open them. You have to breath sometime.

Dib: No, I - Wait... What do eyes have to do with breathing?
Penguin_Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
natsuo
Wonderflexing

Quote:
Yea I just don't really like the "Jessica Nigri" style of cosplay, but for Halloween, go for it!

And to the person above, I am not jealous, her and I pretty much have the exact same body type. I just prefer accuracy (if going to a con)

Like me on facebook!

Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
Unread 10-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
FinalPhantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsuo View Post
Yea I just don't really like the "Jessica Nigri" style of cosplay, but for Halloween, go for it!

And to the person above, I am not jealous, her and I pretty much have the exact same body type. I just prefer accuracy (if going to a con)
Believe me, in any costume except this one I would want it to match the character exactly. But if I was to make Pikachu exact it would be a full head to toe yellow fur suit. And lets just say I DID have the sewing capabilities it would be awfully expensive. But i do see where you're coming from, accuracy is an important part to a cosplay.
Unread 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
natsuo
Wonderflexing

Quote:
Believe me, in any costume except this one I would want it to match the character exactly. But if I was to make Pikachu exact it would be a full head to toe yellow fur suit. And lets just say I DID have the sewing capabilities it would be awfully expensive. But i do see where you're coming from, accuracy is an important part to a cosplay.
Oh I am fine with you cosplaying a cute pikachu, no worries! lol. You did a great job with the design and sewing

Like me on facebook!

Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Wow. Nigri hatin'. Never mind the fact she makes accurate costumes.

The Pika costume is cute, FinalPhantasy! It's a lot more unique than a lot of the sexy Pika costumes I've seen.
The only thing is I think the tail needs a little bit of working on. Did you clip the corners inside? It looks like it's pulling a little bit, and if you clip the corners it'll sit flatter. I'd also be inclined to put something inside it, whether it's interfacing or cardboard or plastic, just to give it a bit more shape.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
FinalPhantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum View Post
Wow. Nigri hatin'. Never mind the fact she makes accurate costumes.

The Pika costume is cute, FinalPhantasy! It's a lot more unique than a lot of the sexy Pika costumes I've seen.
The only thing is I think the tail needs a little bit of working on. Did you clip the corners inside? It looks like it's pulling a little bit, and if you clip the corners it'll sit flatter. I'd also be inclined to put something inside it, whether it's interfacing or cardboard or plastic, just to give it a bit more shape.
Yeah, that tail was more of a test than anything, I'm using it for the Halloween party and i'm sure it will get destroyed. The actual tail im doing is out of foam board and will stand up and fasten around my waist and be hidden by the skirt. I still have to glue fabric to the board though!