Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Unread 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Death The Kid help?

Ok so I started watching Soul Eater recently (lack of money and good internet vid players) and I made up my mind to cosplay him. However, I need a little help as the outfit and hair are a bit....Weird....
So as some of you die-hard fans may have realized..His blazer doesn't have a collar or lapels..Now that's all, if you think of Kid, you think of semmetry right? Well normal blazers fold over to one side, this however would NOT be semmetrical. So my question is, would it be easier to just make a blazer without lapens/collar and make the front have a zipper rather then be able to fold over? Or should I buy a blazer and chop off the lapels/collar and alter the front to have a zipper so it doesn't fold?
I don't like to go to cosplay sites if I can figure out something else..

Now, with the hair..I can't fit into normal ebay sized wigs..They are too small..Is there another way to get his hair? I have no idea how to dye a wig like that..

Just in case, here is a pretty close up picture of his outfit showing the whole missing parts and such..
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps23b8abb5.jpg
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Just take a normal blazer and fold the collar in, safety pin it to the back lining of the jacket and it works fine. Add the white markings so they cover the buttons...using Velcro. So you just open the stripes, button your blazer up then put them back.
As for the wig...try the one from Five Wits. It may fit you...and...it's already styled...it flips up a bit in the back and already has the white stripes wefted in...so you can wash it with no problems or worrying about paint/spray.

Hope that all made sense or at least helped a bit.
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Just take a normal blazer and fold the collar in, safety pin it to the back lining of the jacket and it works fine. Add the white markings so they cover the buttons...using Velcro. So you just open the stripes, button your blazer up then put them back.
As for the wig...try the one from Five Wits. It may fit you...and...it's already styled...it flips up a bit in the back and already has the white stripes wefted in...so you can wash it with no problems or worrying about paint/spray.

Hope that all made sense or at least helped a bit.
Yep that's a good recommendation. ^^^ For the white stripes on the front of his jacket my boyfriend has them velcroed as well and it holds the other side down, and I believe there's buttons hidden underneath. Either way works well!
His wig however, I've only seen done well ONCE with people painting it themselves. It's super tricky. Again your best bet is probably going to be buying a wig that's pre-made like his, or perhaps you could alter a straight black wig by adding white wefts in the correct places and cutting them? It seems like actual hair is doable for the stripes if you style it perfectly. You could paint it but the hair either turns out chunky or runs since it's such a linear pattern with no gradient.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
TeaForThought

http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/death-junior/

For the reference, I own this wig and it works quite well ^^"
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh damn..I didn't even think of thefivewits....I always forget about them lol I can do that..It doesn't look that nice, but oh well..Can't really complain when they are the only ones lol

As for the blazer thing, I sorta thought of that, but what about the front being folded over on one side..I'm just as OCD about accuracy as Kid is about semmetry..I know it's not possible to have no front closure so I would like it to have a hidden zipper..I'm not worried about the stripes at all this will be BEFORE they are added. Obviously I don't want it looking like a normal blazer, because, well..It's not..Is there a way to actually DO that?
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
TeaForThought

Check the ones I had in my gallery to see what I meant but...it's like you have to run your fingers through it and it settles better? That probably didn't make any sense.
But. I guess I mean to say...in photos it looks better?

Fold the entire collar inward...like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/trade9.jpg/

And then the stripes would be like this...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/trade11.jpg/
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Oh thanks, but I knew what you meant..lol

I more mean this:
See on your blazer, in order to button it up, one side needs to cross over to the other side correct? Just like any top with buttons does. I do not want it to do that..Look I was the closure to be where it does not layover like that. I think I can just cut and alter the front of a blazer but I guess it's hard to say without doing it..

Really, I think this entire IDEA is too hard to explain in words lol At least I had help here and that was my plan lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post

Really, I think this entire IDEA is too hard to explain in words lol At least I had help here and that was my plan lol
STILL have help! Whenever you actually have it formulated enough to ask better or have pictures.
If you are talking about how his jacket closure is laid perfectly down the center all these ideas would still work fine even if you bought a preexisting blazer and altered it.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

trmbngrl, That whole "jacket closure down the center" is exactly what I was talking about. I just don't know HOW to alter the blazer to make it look like that..I mean obviously I could cut it, but with the lining being in there and all, I just don't want to ruin it..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)