Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
shanice607

Cool youmacon 2012

I haven't seen anything about youmacon yet so I thought I'd start something. I know it's still forever away but I was wondering what everyone was going as or what ideas they had. Did you book a room yet? groups? What do you want to see and do when your there? Why did they also need cobo?

IDK. Things like that. I know I can't wait and this is gonna be my first year cosplaying ever and getting a room (I want the full experience).

Unread 06-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I'm coming from Florida, this will be my first year, too. I hear a lot of good things about it, and it looks like a fun time, so I decided to try it out. I already booked my room, but that's about it.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
shanice607

Wow. That's really far. I didn't think people actually came from that far away. lol.
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #4
pink-lemonade

This will be my third year going to Youmacon, and I'm coming from across the border. I've booked my room and will probably be pre-registering sometime this summer. I know for sure I'll be cosplaying Kurisu (along with my friend as Mayuri) from Steins;Gate, and I'll be bringing my Rabi~en~Rose cosplay as well. I'm still debating on a third costume though.

As for Cobo, I think they simply needed a bit more space. Although Youma's not a huge con, it's definitely been growing, so I suppose they felt as though the additional space would be for the best. You will both have a great time, as it's a lovely con to be a part of.
pink-lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
WhoamI34

This is my first time going too. Im about four hours away. I am sooo excited. I know I want to be Gaara(naruto) and my friend and I will be doing Happy Synthesizer Vocaloid. the other two days will be kigurumi and.......idk yet.lol.

I hope to make some friends as always. Someone to have fun with and act giddy when we see something we both like.lol.

Anime North
May 23-25, 2014

Atomic Lollipop

FanExpo Canada
WhoamI34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
GeneralLink
loving this

This will be my 7th year going to Youmacon, I love going every year it's the highlight of my year.

I'll be going as dancing samurai-Gackpo (my friend will be dancing samurai-Kaito) Melfina from outlaw star (my bf will be Gene) and Tali from Mass Effect (bf will be Shepard).

The cosplays this year will be so much fun, I'm pumped!!!!
GeneralLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
naomi_censored
Jewish fiction-freak

My university has a holiday during this period, so I might have time to come down to Youmacon this year! Depends on if I have the money though, of course, and if I can find interested friends to accompany me...

I'm also a singer/musician. Check out my music here: www.youtube.com/naomiCENSOREDv2

Future cosplay wishlist:
~G-Dragon (2011 Big Show)
~Yomako Sensei (Yoko's teacher outfit- Gurren Lagann)
~Clawdeen Wolf (Monster High)
~Nana Komatsu (NANA)
~Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
~Jubee (Sunny Hill, The Grasshopper Song)
naomi_censored is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
atemluver
07 Ghost? 07 ghost.

This will be my Third year going to youmacon snd my parents 2nd time going. I already have my badge, they DID raise the price to $55 now for the threeday =/ I didn't book a room yet, my group is being &%$#@'s and wont respond to my emails -_- On the brighter side of things I will be going as Rin from meltdown~! (not the hard rock one with the guitar) My brother will be going as firce diety link from ledgend of Zelda. And my dad will be Porco Rosso, and my mom will be Gina ^^

For people traveling out of state who this is their first con, Please be warned *SOME* (not all) parts of Detroit can be REALLY bad, so please know where the Ren Cen is ahead of time beacuse trust me, wander one block away from the Ren Cen and you can find yourself in some deep trouble. Also on the lines for badges get SUPER LONG so be there quick on friday evening or saturday morning. I've never been on thursday so Idk.

Can't wait for TFS!!!!!!!!!!!! (>o<)/
atemluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
Chipface
Master Ninja

I've never been to Youmacon before either, despite it being the same distance from where I live as Anime North. I've heard good stuff about it so I'm looking forward to it.
Chipface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
iamwhoiam

Im supposed to being going as Korra from Avatar: LoK
iamwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

This be my first time going to this or any convention. My dorm is at EMU in Ypsilanti, which is only about a 45 miunte drive so I'll probably just drive there and back all weekend.

As for costumes I'll be going as Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, I just need to find the materials and a guide on how to make the costume.
wisetaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
ParanoidScream
Paranoid Scream

This will be my second year going. My friends and I are crossing the border from Canada, its about an hr and a half drive.

I've only made up my mind on 2 of my cosplays (I'm going different each day), Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura) and Mio Amakura (Fatal Frame 2)

Last edited by ParanoidScream : 07-29-2012 at 09:48 AM.
ParanoidScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
Throatriptron
Tsundere

This will be my first time going to Youmacon! My usual convention is ACen, but I've heard the Youma is a lot better organized and the venue is better, so I'm excited.

I'll be going as Nico Robin from the Water 7 arc, and my boyfriend will be going as Franky from the same arc. I may also finally finish my Skyward Sword costume (since I'm commissioning the Robin one, for lack of experience working with leather...) and go as Zelda. It'd be nice to have a warmer cosplay like Zelda or Robin if the weather turns out to be particularly cold, being November in the north.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
Chipface
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by atemluver View Post
For people traveling out of state who this is their first con, Please be warned *SOME* (not all) parts of Detroit can be REALLY bad, so please know where the Ren Cen is ahead of time beacuse trust me, wander one block away from the Ren Cen and you can find yourself in some deep trouble.
What's the area like around the Greyhound station on Howard St.? I'm travelling there by Greyhound.
Chipface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

I was just beginning to consider getting a room at the hotel of the Renaissance Center or Youmacon, until I found out that they charge $125 per day. I had thought it was $100 for the entire weekend. Anyone happen to know if there is a better price for that hotel or nearby hotel?

The reason I was now considering staying the night there, is when I saw that Youmacon runs 24 hours a day for the three days.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.strasko
wisetaner is offline   Reply With Quote