Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Khorrupt

To cosplay or not to cosplay?

So, I'm really conflicted with a certain cosplay decision lately...

I usually like to keep a backup costume on hand -- maybe something less recognizable or of slightly lower quality in case something flops right before the convention (because I've had that happen.)

Although this sounds odd, what I've been wanting to do for this is make a female version of Trigon (ref: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...7-280-450.jpg). I've worked out the dress design and the approximate cost, and this would only cost me about $30, MAYBE $40 to make, for the entire costume.

What I'm conflicted about is,

A, is this a stupid idea? I've got a friend who cosplays Raven, so that might clue people into what I am if I'm with her (although I'm not terribly concerned with being recognized), but in general...is the idea of a female Trigon sort of loony?

B, Trigon is completely red, and because of the little clothing that he DOES wear, my dress design for female Trigon is (almost) completely white, and it's strapless. Since it's strapless, I thought that maybe I could use red vinyl for the sides of the dress bodice, and it might look like part of the design -- it would be easy to clean if I did get body paint on it, and it would be noticeable if it was in the middle of a convention and I didn't have any way to clean it at the moment. (I was thinking that for the body paint I would use Mehron Paradise.) Opinions on this? (Both things?)

So you guys can see why I'm conflicted. General opinions, on all the inquiries?

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

if i was a girl i would wear a red body suit and the white cod handkerchief and white antlers but that just me.

since i'm not a girl if i wanted to make the costume, i would make a red mecha with Satellite antenna antlers,

I think your strapless dress thing is a good idea because it allow you to wear something not so crazy if your not conformable with that level of openness.