Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
FireSpyro
Foxhound

Black Leopard Print fabric

Hello,

I am wanting to do a cosplay of Elphaba Thropp from the Wicked musical and her hat appears to be black with grey spots on, I was thinking that black leopard print would work really well but the problem is I have only managed to find it in wallpaper.

If anyone has any idea where I could get some fabric from or something similar, that would be great thanks.

Here's a ref. to the hat if it's clear enough http://www.galindaswardrobe.com/pictures/Elphaba/44.jpg

This is the wallpaper I found; http://www.wallpaperandborders.co.uk...oducts_id=3878

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
TheCosplayFox
What the hell?

I know it'll take quite a bit of time but how about you custom make it? get some leopard print fabric if you can find it in that grey color awesome then fill in the rest with a fabric marker or fabric paint for the black areas. I'd say that is your best shot. Or you could get it custom made their are websites that custom make fabric for you.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
FireSpyro
Foxhound

That's a good idea, I know some people who have painted the spots on but I didn't think of filling in the gaps with black.
And do you know of any good custom made fabric sites?
Thanks =)

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
FeyMeggan

I know a few people here on coscom have use Spoonflower for custom fabrics.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
FireSpyro
Foxhound

Ah, thank you verey much =)

Unread 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Penlowe

Usually when you dye a printed fabric it still shows the pattern through the dye. In this case that would work to your advantage, and probably be a lot cheaper than ordering custom printed fabric.