Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 11-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
AbsolStrike

Nightwing Help!

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but there seem to be a lot of similar threads asking for help! Anyway! I want to start working on a Nightwing Costume! I'm just a little suck on how I should start it! I really like this: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...dy-d5bekny.png But I haven't the slightest clue what I could use as the base to something like that. It looks like a Zentai/Morphsuit. Should I try using one of those?
AbsolStrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Mila<3'sraven
TheGingerLuv

My suggestion would be yes, And either painting/ironing on something on. (The best idea would be someone painting it while its on you, so the Symbols/other markings fit right on the body, and are where you want them to be, etc.) I hope this helps!
Mila<3'sraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
ze0ro

Yep you can just get a unitard from a dance store or a morphsuit (I find the unitards to be of better quality and not much more money). Then I would personally make a template of the blue design and have someone paint it on using the template. Alternatively, pin on an iron-on piece while wearing the suit, take it off, and then carefully iron on the piece (though heat can damage spandex so I wouldn't recommend it), or the best idea would be to make the blue piece out of spandex, pin it on while you're wearing it, and then sew it on as neatly as possible.
The source costume appears to have the blue painted on. The belt, forearm armor, and right shoulder piece look to be made of EVA foam, which wouldn't be very difficult to do at all.
ze0ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
ze0ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze0ro View Post
take it off

By take it off, I mean take off the unitard...not the iron-on piece. Bad wording FTW!
ze0ro is offline   Reply With Quote