Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #61
sierria
cosplay noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
I bring around $100 worth of spending money for food, goodies, etc. Since I've set that budget, though, I have yet to spend it all lol.
There's a lot of eateries near the convention center (including a Qdoba, which I discovered during my last trip to see the King Tut exhibit <3 <3 <3) that range in price, too, so you'll have lots of options on how you'll want to budget out your spending money.
Great to hear about all the eateries! I agree it's good to keep a budget since I can be a heavy spender when excited...also impulsive shopper...aha...really bad habit (totally offtopic but I really want to go to the cheesecake factory XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
x.x Con is coming up way too fast! I just hope I'm able to actually finish all the things I'm working on.

I'm really excited for all of the guests announced so far, especially Kasuyuki and Naoyoshi! I love Psycho-Pass~
Same! I still haven't started my main cosplays s; //high fives Psycho pass is my favourite anime this season!!!
Also it finishes one week before Sakura con!! It's almost like it was strategically planned haha
Ja'far [Magi]
Anna [K]
Bandou [K]
sierria is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #62
OldestAngel

@sierria: *u* Are you cosplaying from Magi and K Project for Sakura-con? That's really exciting~ >.>; Though yeah, actually starting on cosplays is important. I guess. >.>;

And Psycho-Pass! ...must work on cosplay not watch anime. x'D
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #63
sierria
cosplay noob

Quote:
@sierria: *u* Are you cosplaying from Magi and K Project for Sakura-con? That's really exciting~ >.>; Though yeah, actually starting on cosplays is important. I guess. >.>;

And Psycho-Pass! ...must work on cosplay not watch anime. x'D
XD I am attempting to put one from Magi and one from K to Sakura con! (basically decided by whether I can get kougyoku's wig to work out or not s: it still hasn't arrived yet! so nervous! Dx
After I figure out which one I do for Magi I can see if I have enough time to figure out Anna (if not I can go in my "burglar cosplay" Bandou HAHA)

Can I ask who you'll be cosplaying as?
Ja'far [Magi]
Anna [K]
Bandou [K]

Last edited by sierria : 02-05-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #64
momomilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierria View Post
Great to hear about all the eateries! I agree it's good to keep a budget since I can be a heavy spender when excited...also impulsive shopper...aha...really bad habit (totally offtopic but I really want to go to the cheesecake factory XD)
Same here. I'm a heavy spender too so I always have to watch out for my budget~ cheesecake factory is good but the wait is LONG during con time because so many people go there to eat x.x (which sucks cause you kind of waste your time waiting just to get seated).

I need to get started on my costumes too x.x
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #65
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Then, if you like hotdogs, don't go to cosmodogs....You will spend ALL your money there lol
We went there 3 times saturday and 2 times sunday last year lol

Also, for the Cheesecake Factory, expent a 45min wait lol (that's how long we waited)
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #66
OldestAngel

Quote:
XD I am attempting to put one from Magi and one from K to Sakura con! (basically decided by whether I can get kougyoku's wig to work out or not s: it still hasn't arrived yet! so nervous! Dx
After I figure out which one I do for Magi I can see if I have enough time to figure out Anna (if not I can go in my "burglar cosplay" Bandou HAHA)

Can I ask who you'll be cosplaying as?
Oh man! I hope you're able to get Kougyoku's wig in time! That's pretty nerve-wracking. Dx
x'D Bandou or Anna would be awesome~ Good luck with whatever ends up working out!

x'D Alibaba in his gladiator get-up from Magi, and I'm actually trying to see if I have time/money to make Fushimi from K Project. x.x That's up in the air though.

(and the Director from Disgaea.)

Last edited by OldestAngel : 02-05-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #67
OniCourseMusha
Brain Age Guy

This con is so good on my first time last year. I did not expected to spend sooooooooo much probably more expensive than how much I spend at Los Angeles. Looking forward to it this year!
Fanime E-gaming Staff
Fanime B&W Ball Dance Assistance and Staff 2008-2011
SakuraCon Masquerade Ball's dance host
Facebook
Deviantart ACE Cosplayer
OniCourseMusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #68
sierria
cosplay noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomilk View Post
Same here. I'm a heavy spender too so I always have to watch out for my budget~ cheesecake factory is good but the wait is LONG during con time because so many people go there to eat x.x (which sucks cause you kind of waste your time waiting just to get seated).

I need to get started on my costumes too x.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Then, if you like hotdogs, don't go to cosmodogs....You will spend ALL your money there lol
We went there 3 times saturday and 2 times sunday last year lol

Also, for the Cheesecake Factory, expent a 45min wait lol (that's how long we waited)
Ahhh thanks for the tip on Cheesecake factory momomilk and JasonTerror! Perhaps I will go on Thurs or Sun hopefully it'll be slower and I don't miss so much con....s:

Quote:
Oh man! I hope you're able to get Kougyoku's wig in time! That's pretty nerve-wracking. Dx
x'D Bandou or Anna would be awesome~ Good luck with whatever ends up working out!

x'D Alibaba in his gladiator get-up from Magi, and I'm actually trying to see if I have time/money to make Fushimi from K Project. x.x That's up in the air though.

(and the Director from Disgaea.)
that sounds exciting!! looking forward to seeing Alibaba! (LOL director! do you have an Axel with you XD) and maybe Fushimi~ ^^ Waiting for a wig with no tracking is scary XD It's been about 25 days D:

Really glad everyone is so nice LOL I was kind of anxious since it's the first time to a large convention and also out of Canada XD
Ja'far [Magi]
Anna [K]
Bandou [K]

Last edited by sierria : 02-08-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #69
OldestAngel

@sierria: Yup! Axel will be the star of the show once we figure out his coat and stuff~
D: Oh man! I hope you get your wig soon! I'll send good wig shipping vibes your way!

It'll be fun! And a premature welcome to the states! Cosplay weekend ahoy~
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #70
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Con is in 46 days. I still have a lot to do. Including book my plane ticket.

But I don't even feel stressed about it. Weird.

Just watch, it hits like three days before I have to pack and fly out. "otz
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #71
Ai no Miko
Shounen ai no kyoshinsha

I'm finally getting stoked for this convention! I didn't want to until I had my passport in hand (despite the fact that I had already paid for my con pass and booked my hotel), but now that I've got my passport and I know I am good to go my excitement is building like you wouldn't believe. I haven't attended this convention since 2010, and I loved it when I attended it that year. This is about my 3rd convention I am going to on my own, and while I know some people might think it's crazy that I like my solitude and think that groups are the way to go... I've been hauling groups around to cons with me from 2004 to 2010, and it had me pretty tired (especially since almost everyone I took was a minor). The only downfall of this is the cost of course, not having a roomie in a hotel is brutal on the wallet... kinda makes me wish I could snag a family member who just wants to go on a 4 day vacation in Seattle like I did in 2010, I went to the con and they went off and did their thing - it was a great system.
So far I have three cosplays lined up for this convention, Sebastian Michaelis (White Rabbit version, and regular version), Kurama (Dark Tournament - Karasu battle damage version), and Edward Elric (Switzerland cosplay version) <--- doing it for a girl on deviantart.com.
I've only got a little bit more touching up to do on my Kurama cosplay to make the battle damage ship-shape, but other than that I am set and can't wait for the end of March to get here XD
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #72
Rhapsodey
WhatisthisIdon'teven...

I'm getting pretty nervous myself. D: Plans keep changing, things keep coming up in life that I have to throw money at, and my hours got cut at work. Thankfully I'm always picking up more hours though. c:

As for cosplay, I'm almost done. Having issues finding some pieces for one outfit and I'm afraid I'm going to have to make it (I haaaate making shirts now...), but it's an easier one than I'm use to. Super stoked to see everyone that I haven't seen in over a year and get to be myself for a weekend! >w<
ECC 2015
Sakura Con 2015
Everfree Northwest 2015

WIP Costumes -
Rhyme - TWEWY - 90%
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica - 5%
Surprise steampunk! - 65%

My dA
My Facebook page
Rhapsodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #73
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I'm so excited for this con and even more excited to make my new Ranka Lee cosplay!!!! DD I'm so excited about all my costumes this year!!!!!
41 Days!!!
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #74
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

A friend of mine wants to join in the SAO group we're slowly forming and so she's decided to try to bust out Lizbeth, in addition to her Sayaka. She apparently went fabric shopping today and tomorrow we're getting down to sewing again.

Her boyfriend wants to be Klein for our group, but I don't know if he'll get it done in time.

41 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes, 44 seconds until the Party Starts!

What else is the last minute for, if not for sewing?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #75
Jets

It's almost here. I basically need to stop being so lazy, and actually start prepping for this con.
Jets is offline   Reply With Quote