Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.
Unread 11-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #181
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
One of my friends is an extra in the film, he can confirm that Russel Crowe is in fact *pause for effect* an ass.

Hugh Jackman is nice though apparently.
Why am i not surpised?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #182
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Fixed.

I mentioned in the cosplay forum about an old guy who came to our table at Youmacon and saw I drew a picture of Roll and I just happened to chose a reference of her from the game Tatsunoko vs Capcom because I really love it and I love playing Roll in it. The guys flipping through my portfolio and stops at her sketch and goes;

"Oh this is Roll"

Yeah it is.

"Looks like the style from that one fighting game"

Yup!

"Tatsunoko Capcom or something"

Yes it is.

"I bet that's the first place you ever heard of her isn't it" *leering at me*

..No she's been around a lot longer then that..she's from Mega Man....

and when I answered 'correctly' he just huffed and dropped the page and walked off.

The whole time he was giving me this patronizing glare as if I was just this precious little woman folk who thought I knew anything about vidya games. I think he initially was addressing Brando, who was standing up and sketching on a page, and when I answered him he was like..eyeing me up and down and giving me this weird look.

Bro.
Bro.
The sketch has the signature 'Emily Maylone' written on it in black marker.




I think this thread was for hipster teens who want to talk about how everyone else is just a peasant and should go and die so that they and their superior minds and bodies can evolve the earth while misquoting the theory of Darwinism.
I may be a teen, but I'm anything but hipster. Trust me, one of my closest childhood friends became one and now I can't stand her. I just like ranting and discussing things and I couldn't find a thread for this topic.

I guess I'm a bit ignorant on the subject on Darwinism, but all I know about it is what I've learned in school, and I guess it wasn't taught very well. I should try researching it on my own.
__________________
Currently working on:
Princess Kenny -- South Park
Roxy Lalonde Purple Dress -- Homestuck
Trisha Cappeletti -- MPGiS
Princess Ariel -- The Little Mermaid

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Tohru Honda -- Fruits Basket
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #183
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
It's not really unpopular, but considering some people's attitudes towards them; reptiles and amphibians are AWESOME. Screw furry mammals. I want my house to have more scales than an orchestra.
I love crayfish, lobsters, shrimp, and crabs. Not as food though (except for rangoons) but as pets. They're so cute!
__________________
Currently working on:
Princess Kenny -- South Park
Roxy Lalonde Purple Dress -- Homestuck
Trisha Cappeletti -- MPGiS
Princess Ariel -- The Little Mermaid

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Tohru Honda -- Fruits Basket
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #184
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth
 
EvilLittleKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Popping in for a moment...

As someone who had a potentially fatal childhood illness and survived due to modern medicine and surgery, I'd just like to thank those who would rather I die because of their ignorant belief system.

I only hope my Ph.D. in chemistry will somehow atone for my "failure" to adapt to your flawed interpretation of Darwin's theories.
I almost died in the womb. If it hadn't been for a C-section I would've choked to death on my umbilical cord. Considering my suicidal tendencies, I guess I'm cool with never existing outside of the womb; I wouldn't miss what I never had. I normally keep a positive attitude on life, but I really don't care that much if I die. (I'm not going to kill myself, I've promised too many loved ones that already. But I'm not that afraid of death compared to most people I know, and I'll accept it if when it comes, whether if it's 10 seconds from now or 80 years from now.)
I now understand that my views were flawed thanks to flawed teaching and never feeling the need to research on my own. I get it now, I'm sorry.
__________________
Currently working on:
Princess Kenny -- South Park
Roxy Lalonde Purple Dress -- Homestuck
Trisha Cappeletti -- MPGiS
Princess Ariel -- The Little Mermaid

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Tohru Honda -- Fruits Basket
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #185
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
I guess I'm a bit ignorant on the subject on Darwinism, but all I know about it is what I've learned in school, and I guess it wasn't taught very well. I should try researching it on my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLittleKiss View Post
I now understand that my views were flawed thanks to flawed teaching and never feeling the need to research on my own. I get it now, I'm sorry.


That's a good attitude my dear.

I feel like we need to acknowledge when someone gives a sincere apology more often, because it's often very rare.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #186
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles
 
kittymutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 359
Bacon is one of the most repulsive foods in existence. The smell is so disgusting and makes me want to puke.
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #187
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymutt View Post
Bacon is one of the most repulsive foods in existence. The smell is so disgusting and makes me want to puke.
You making me want a BLT now.

I have no real interest in seeing Wreck-It-Ralph.

I don't see the point of Buddhism.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #188
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
Loki sympathizers make me concerned.

People who write into the blog 'Skyrim Confessions' saying how they have a perfectly great life with friends and family and partners but would abandon it all to go live in Skyrim need to immediately not play Skyrim and think their lives over in a quiet corner for a while.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #189
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Loki sympathizers make me concerned.
I understand why and love the depth of his character, but I don't think that completely justifies all of his actions.

HOWEVER, kid Loki is a different story and I wanna read Journey in to Mystery and bawl over him. T_T because he truly does deserve the sympathy as he is different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #190
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,496
Twincest/Wincest/cest in general icks me out

I don't understand the popularity of Axis Powers Hetalia.

I hate poodles/chihuahuas and hairless cats.

There is girl who goes to a lot of the same cons I do and everyone loves her but I'm terrified of her because she almost runs over my toes. And never says sorry.
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #191
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Twincest/Wincest/cest in general icks me out

I don't understand the popularity of Axis Powers Hetalia.

I hate poodles/chihuahuas and hairless cats.

There is girl who goes to a lot of the same cons I do and everyone loves her but I'm terrified of her because she almost runs over my toes. And never says sorry.
AGREED... Incest in general is so bleh to me.... the only time it doesn't phase me is in Rocky Horror, only because it isn't obvious, it isn't really there and it's a big joke movie anyways.

Hetalia has stupid humor many people can latch on to, kinda like family guy, lots of meme like jokes that can be recirculated. I do like it (took me a long time to try it) but sometimes the fandom is a bit much i admit.

I only like big poodles, and hairless cats are noisy.

PUNCH HER
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #192
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,073
Assuming you want to only go off the film cannon stuff I'll put things in my own perspective:

Loki was adopted into another culture when his own was nearly destroyed during war time, adopted into this culture by the very family who rules over it and from the moment he came into that family was treated and raised like a prince.

Keep in mind that the Frost Giants where not some peaceful race of simple ice-prairie folk living in harmony. They have been enemies of Asgard for millions of years.

Loki was literally adopted into the most lavish life he could ever have been and no matter what his family said or did for him he was always feeling second best due to his own selfish pettiness. He was not a good kid who struggled to gain his parents attention, Odin did not neglect Loki or abuse him in any way. Loki simply grew to resent Thor for achievements he could not compete with and developed from being mischievous to outright malicious and violently jealous. No one made him become this, he didn't become a bad guy because of years of systematic abuse, he did it to himself.

In every instance Thor tries to get Loki to just stop and come home, that if Loki just stops all of this now and comes home everything will be okay. He loves Loki and wants his brother to come home. The only person who has alienated Loki is himself.

Loki is a bad person, he is a jealous person, he is malicious, he is dangerous and he is not a sad kicked puppy that Odin brought in off the street and neglected. Loki is just a dick.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #193
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,496
Spaz, I can't punch a girl in a wheel chair. That would earn me a place in hell and get me kicked out of the con.

She just needs to be more careful of toes and people who can't hear in crowds (if she said excuse me I probably couldn't hear her. I have difficulties hearing specific voices in crowds(
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower

Last edited by UsakoLuna : 11-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #194
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
snip
Won't argue any of that... but like I said I understand WHY (though the why is never a justified reason all the time) and I love what Tom Hiddleston put in to the character and his take on it. But the movie is simply one of many canons, probably the most popular, though the current kid loki canon is a bit sad and makes people feel for loki more than any of his past carnations.

I gotta fucking read this comic because this...



FUCK YOU DUDE LOKI IS BAD....NOOOOOOOO *sobs*

Luna- YOU NEVER SAID SHE WAS IN A WHEEL CHAIR Dx

Then tell her politely than she ran over your toes and maybe she should have someone with her to assist in the yelling out of "watch your feet".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #195
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Assuming you want to only go off the film cannon stuff I'll put things in my own perspective:

Loki was adopted into another culture when his own was nearly destroyed during war time, adopted into this culture by the very family who rules over it and from the moment he came into that family was treated and raised like a prince.

Keep in mind that the Frost Giants where not some peaceful race of simple ice-prairie folk living in harmony. They have been enemies of Asgard for millions of years.

Loki was literally adopted into the most lavish life he could ever have been and no matter what his family said or did for him he was always feeling second best due to his own selfish pettiness. He was not a good kid who struggled to gain his parents attention, Odin did not neglect Loki or abuse him in any way. Loki simply grew to resent Thor for achievements he could not compete with and developed from being mischievous to outright malicious and violently jealous. No one made him become this, he didn't become a bad guy because of years of systematic abuse, he did it to himself.

In every instance Thor tries to get Loki to just stop and come home, that if Loki just stops all of this now and comes home everything will be okay. He loves Loki and wants his brother to come home. The only person who has alienated Loki is himself.

Loki is a bad person, he is a jealous person, he is malicious, he is dangerous and he is not a sad kicked puppy that Odin brought in off the street and neglected. Loki is just a dick.
This. He's labeled as a "Tragic Villian" but a lot of fans read into the "Tragic" bit more so than the Villian part.

The Loki fanbase kind of irks me. I'm don't mind people only being into the Marvel films. It makes sense why you just want to stick with the films, given certain comics aren't exactly the easiest thing to get into. And I've met Loki fans who are cool, and I can hold non-comics conversations with and not hate myself for doing so. Those people are fine. And big props to those who actually get into the comics because of the movie.

However
-There's people who attach their sexaulity to their flavor of the month fandom and won't shut up about it and it drives me nuts.
-There's the people who LF describe and it irks me.
-There are people who torrent the comics, which considering they're avail day 1 digitally, there really isn't a valid excuse to. It's $3 people and it's all avail. Torrenting/pirating isn't a valid excuse in 2012, unless you have no problem being labeled a cheap fuck/thief.
- People who cosplay "Lady Loki" and feel the need to comment how much other people's costumes are inaccurate. This is annoying and ironic, considering the twist w/ the character. BTW 5 YEAR OLD SPOILERS, IT ISN'T LOKI.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.