Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.62 average.
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #61
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Jack Nicholson is a way better Joker than Heath Ledger, and the Dark Knight Rises was the only new Batman film that I enjoyed.

Oh.
Shit.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #62
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

My favourite Joker was Mark Hamill.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #63
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Jack Nicholson is a way better Joker than Heath Ledger, and the Dark Knight Rises was the only new Batman film that I enjoyed.

Oh.
Shit.
I liked Mark Hamill's Joker....

WHAT NOW MOFO?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #64
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I liked Mark Hamill's Joker....

WHAT NOW MOFO?
If we're including voice actors then DUHHHHHHH
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #65
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
....A little weirded out that we posted this at practically the same time... as if we need more reason for Sam to accuse us of being the same person and shiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
If we're including voice actors then DUHHHHHHH
Most excellent.

Although I don't hate any of the joker actors, I think they all bring something interesting to the character much like a new comic book does. But Mark is always my fave.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I love me some Mark Hamill.

I don't care about people who dress sexy or pose sexy in their costumes. I really don't fucking care. I don't care if your cosplaying Sailor Moon with nipple tassels and leather chaps. I really just don't have a shit left to give.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #67
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I love me some Mark Hamill.

I don't care about people who dress sexy or pose sexy in their costumes. I really don't fucking care. I don't care if your cosplaying Sailor Moon with nipple tassels and leather chaps. I really just don't have a shit left to give.
Please draw this.... *hands you my soul*

And personally I feel if you wanna dress in practically nothing that's your prerogative.... anyone who has a problem with it can go back to the fifties.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #68
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Please draw this.... *hands you my soul*

And personally I feel if you wanna dress in practically nothing that's your prerogative.... anyone who has a problem with it can go back to the fifties.
I actually might redraw the Slender Moon piece and make it a big ass wall print. I think i saw someone cosplaying Slender Moon on the people mover! I was too shy to ask and say I was the artist though.

There's this adorable little fad going around where everyone is super concerned with what other people they don't know are doing. Oh man they're eating meat. They're not eating organic. They're wearing clothing I don't like. A brand that's cheap, too expensive, from another country. They're dating the same gender, they're dating a different race, they're putting their toilet paper roll on so the flap faces out instead of in!

It's every little damn thing other people do that we just have to put our big noses into and sneeze our gooey germs all over.

Just shut up.
Everyone.
Shut. Up.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #69
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Isn't that how things have been since the dawn of humanity?

Also, sitcoms. I'm getting sick of sitcoms. Especially foreign ones stuffed with jokes I don't even understand and characters who's problems I don't emphasise with.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #70
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Emmers- DO IT that art work was awesome.
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #71
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Listen to Hag, she is wise
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I love you.
Oh you guys!

I don't think that I have any opinions that are particularly unpopular. Some people agree with me on some things, some don't. If there was something where EVERYONE I knew and liked disagreed with me, I'd probably examine that opinion pretty closely to see if maybe, just maybe, I was wrong.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #72
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
With a strong family history of breast cancer (my mother and both grandmothers survived), I get SO INSULTED by people waving around pink swag or putting some freaking useless status update on FB or whatever to "show their support". And as someone who will probably go through it at some point myself, screw you, I hate pink. First person who buys me some pink ribbon shit gets my fabulous cancer wig shoved down their throat.
I'm finding the same shit with Movember as well now, or no-shave-november or whatever. It's nothing more than a fucking trend and doesn't actually do anything to support the causes. It raises a awareness? Yeah how much fucking more aware do people need to be? Today two guys in my film studies were asking me why I wasn't taking part in movember; I shaved all of my beard off last weekend for a party costume. I told them I'm growing my beard back but not for charity, everyone I know has already seen me with a beard and mustache so they're never going to fucking sponsor me for it. Also I know I can grow a mustache so why do I fucking have to prove anything? Unless you're giving money to prostate cancer, your not doing shit by growing that mustache douche bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post

I'll add another- I'm an artist and a creative person in general, and I don't think it's automatically offensive to make creative works based on real world events. The founder of regretsy seems to think that EVERY creative work that references 9/11, or any other tragic/sad event constitutes "tragicrafting", and is therefore horrible. I disagree.
Quote:
Right off the top of my head I can name two absolutely hauntingly beautiful pieces of artwork that relate to a tragedy of some sort.

Black Black Heart relating to oil spills

and Helpless (warning: child harm)
Lets not forget possibly the most famous art work in response to tragedy. Picasso's Guernica.

Quote:
I think you'd get away with it on the beach or at a swimming pool it's fine, children are happily exposed to people in bikinis and shit there no problem.

I still think children are over sexualised at a young age though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post

I still think children are over sexualised at a young age though.
Then it's your job as a parent to tell them why these women might dress this way and how they're probably comfortable in it, but they don't have to. If I want to wear a mini skirt and "skank" boots then I shouldn't be held responsible for "harming the children" because sorry, that child's education and upbringing are not my problem. Call me a cold bitch but it's how I feel.

As Emmers said, everyone needs to stop being in everyone's business.
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #74
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I think oversexualization of children is an enormous issue that's escalated at the moment. That said, I do not believe a woman dressed as Thief Rikku at an anime convention is going to turn our children into sex maniacs at 6 years old. We have to give women the freedom to be expressive in the way they chose to dress and carry themselves as well as teaching our children, especially our daughters, how to handle sexuality and provocativeness.

Namely that dressing in a certain way does not mean that woman is sexually available, that she is sexually easy, or immoral. I feel like if we can take away the notion of women's clothing displaying their sexual readiness we can cut down on the sexualization of young children, namely young girls.

What we forget is that a young child does not know the difference between a paid model or actor and how that person is as themselves. When a young girl see's women on screen dancing around in booty shorts she doesn't have the learning capacity to reason that this woman is a paid model, that booty shorts do not make her sexually immoral or sexually available, and does not posses the capacity for understanding that as a young child she is not meant to emulate the actions of adult women.

Children are not born with these capabilities, we have to teach it to them. But we're not.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #75
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I think oversexualization of children is an enormous issue that's escalated at the moment. That said, I do not believe a woman dressed as Thief Rikku at an anime convention is going to turn our children into sex maniacs at 6 years old. We have to give women the freedom to be expressive in the way they chose to dress and carry themselves as well as teaching our children, especially our daughters, how to handle sexuality and provocativeness.

Namely that dressing in a certain way does not mean that woman is sexually available, that she is sexually easy, or immoral. I feel like if we can take away the notion of women's clothing displaying their sexual readiness we can cut down on the sexualization of young children, namely young girls.

What we forget is that a young child does not know the difference between a paid model or actor and how that person is as themselves. When a young girl see's women on screen dancing around in booty shorts she doesn't have the learning capacity to reason that this woman is a paid model, that booty shorts do not make her sexually immoral or sexually available, and does not posses the capacity for understanding that as a young child she is not meant to emulate the actions of adult women.

Children are not born with these capabilities, we have to teach it to them. But we're not.

If I ever have a child I will make sure he/she will know the difference and allow them to be comfortable in whatever they want to wear, whether my son wears a skirt or my daughter suits.