Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 11-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
aa2099

9 mmsfx contacts-Help!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I am at my wits end. I really want to order custom contacts from the 9 mmsfx, however the 2 eye doctors I've been to only want me to order the standard disposable Freshlook colored contacts through them. They are leery of this company even though the film industry uses them on their million-dollar actors. (It's not like I'm ordering from a third world country!) I have really bad vision so I can't go without some form of prescription coverage. I asked the company if they had a list of doctors that have accepted their prescriptions so I could just go there, but they said I'd have to ask around. So I was wondering if anyone here knows of any eye doctors that have prescribed these before and would be okay with it. It's so frustrating! I live close to Chicago but I'm willing to travel wherever to get the darn prescription.

Thanks!
aa2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Rukeya

Mind if I ask how old you are and how you request to order online?

I used to have issues until I learned the proper way to 'ask', which has generally consisted of me telling my eye doctor, prior to examination, that I need to occasionally purchase theatrical lenses. If they say no, I take my business elsewhere since that's the primary reason I get fitted for contacts; I can be belligerent at times.

So far I've been to three different Lens Crafters and have had absolutely no issues ordering. My most recent one did request that I bring any scleral lenses back in so he can assess their quality, but I have no problems with that.

ALSO, you should post these questions under Cosplay Construction / Makeup and Eye Contacts. The forum you posted this thread in is literally for reviews; you're unlikely to get many responses here.
Rukeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
aa2099

9mmsfx contacts

Hi,

I am in my mid twenties and go to Lens Crafters, previously I went to a private optometrist. Neither one has been willing to prescribe. I guess I will try your technique and call around to different ones.

Thanks for your help.
aa2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
tereshkova2001

I go to a private optometrist and he was more than willing to fit me for 9mmSFX scleral lenses, and he didn't even charge me! He's in Seattle, though, so probably not feasible for you. I'd ask local friends or maybe check Yelp for reviews of local eye doctors.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
XViciousX

My eye doctor pretty much gave me the same run around. Had to guilt her into it by saying its either this or I order them not knowing my specs which could possibly ruin my eye site. And don't forget if your prescription doesn't match any of the choices listed on 9mmsfx put the different dimentions in the comments when checking out.
XViciousX is offline   Reply With Quote