Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #151
SparkyCat13

I totally understand! I'm the same way.

And ugh, college. >_< That's definitely a time suck. I guess I'm lucky right now in that I graduated last May and am currently unemployed, so I have time. Though I'm probably going to be spending it all on making just my one cosplay. XD; I've always been in awe of people who are able to make several cosplays for one convention.

Good luck with your classes!

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #152
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Man I wanted to get more work done this weekend, but I ended up not feeling so great all week. =( I am really going to bump it up a notch the next few months.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #153
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

There are 110 days until A-Kon 24.

Not nearly enough time. I'm very excited for the convention, but at the same time, ARGH NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR COSPLAY. (Not that there's ever enough free time to work on cosplay.)

I'm actually in college for the second time. First degree proved useless, so now I'm in night school getting certifications while I work my regular job during the day. I have homework today, and a test to take, but man, I just want to sit and blast through this cosplay I'm working on...decisions, decisions. >.<
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #154
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
Don't even ... I SO don't want to think about that >_> I'm still trying to get stuff done for Anime Matsuri, and I do NOT want to think about A-Kon being that close once AM is over.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #155
PepMaster

I still have 2 more Halo suits to build before I can start working on my suit for the con, plus I have a huge War Machine project that will be sucking up a lot of my time. So I may or may not have a suit for the con but it's going to be close.
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #156
SparkyCat13

Kagz, if you're doing Felicita from Arcana Famiglia, I'm going to have to get your picture at the kon! I loved that show.

Quote:
Not nearly enough time. I'm very excited for the convention, but at the same time, ARGH NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR COSPLAY. (Not that there's ever enough free time to work on cosplay.)

I'm actually in college for the second time. First degree proved useless, so now I'm in night school getting certifications while I work my regular job during the day. I have homework today, and a test to take, but man, I just want to sit and blast through this cosplay I'm working on...decisions, decisions. >.<
Ugh, I feel ya. My degree proved useless too, which is why I'm currently unemployed, heh...I'm hoping to start classes soon to work on becoming a DBA though.

Best of luck with your cosplay! Maybe you can work on it while you study? Multi-task? It's too bad the same can't be done with homework.

I went and got patterns today! I found the perfect one for the pants, so I'm excited to get started. Also got make-up to test out for the face tattoo and blue eyebrows, which I think are gonna work. Just gotta find some fixer spray, because Sally's didn't have any. Do you guys have suggestions where I can get some? I read that hairspray works too, but the girl at Sally's said it can get sticky if you sweat a lot.
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #157
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Ugh...con too close...

I haven't even started on my costumes for the con because I've been doing commissions. I've pretty much made the finishing time for those by the beginning of April (even though some aren't needed until June) so that I can use the two months before A-kon to focus on my stuff. I will be starting mine sooner, but I want those two months to really buckle down.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #158
Ishihara_Seth
一匹狼

This will be my first A-Kon, and I absolutely can't wait! It's gonna be on my birthday!

Cosplays:
Utena (Adolescence of Utena)
Lightning (FF13-3)

Can't wait to see everyone!
Ishihara_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #159
Zaiten

My poor cosplays keep changing on me, I keep losing partners and find new things.. what's a girl to do? I really need to learn some focus. Still betting on Super Sailor Chibimoon, though.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #160
Brilanna
Brilanna

Quote:

I'm right there with you, Celyddon! I have midterms today and tomorrow, but I'd much rather be working on cosplay.... /sigh. Perhaps I can get my tests done early tomorrow so I can put some quality time into finishing my sword... motivation!

Planned Cosplays - WIP - (2014):
Wonder Woman - Diana Prince Update - 85%
Seven of Nine - Star Trek: Voyager - 90%
Kahlan Amnell (Mother Confessor) - Sword of Truth - 40%
Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate - 20%

Follow me on Facebook!
Keesey Cosplay
Brilanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #161
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Man I am glad I don't have to worry about school anymore. Loosing 40+ hours a week to work is enough for me. Not to mention all that time I waste sleeping, man if I could go with only 4 hours of sleep it would be the perfect scenario but alas I am getting old and anything less that 7 makes me a whiny baby. But Now is when all of my free time not in the gym or sleeping goes to crafting. I have to make up this last weekend of sleeping trying to get better as well as insure my diet is back to the right stuff to help me not get sick anymore.

I have to finish my stuff for Allcon, then make Squigly, Nayru, Felicita, and finish Sailor V for Akon.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #162
Koco

I've been working on two costumes simultaneously but part of me thinks that if I want either of them to turn out nicely, I'd better stick/focus on one for the time being and pick up work on the other once the first is finished so I can rest easy about having at least one costume come con time.

Seriously though, I absolutely can't wait for A-Kon. This'll be my first year going. :'D And most likely the largest con I've ever attended-- I'm only used to the smaller local ones around Louisiana.
Koco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #163
Kagz
ADD Allstar

I can't help myself I am to ADD to work on one costume at a time.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #164
u-tv
Registered Loser

I like to work on multiple projects at a time too, but I always focus the majority of my attention on the more difficult ones.

Hex Maniac - 35%
Shadow Peach - 0%
Spiritmaster Edea - 0%

A-KON 25 Lineup:

Friday - Spiritmaster Edea
Saturday - Shadow Peach
Sunday - Hex Maniac
u-tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #165
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagz View Post
Man I am glad I don't have to worry about school anymore. Loosing 40+ hours a week to work is enough for me. Not to mention all that time I waste sleeping, man if I could go with only 4 hours of sleep it would be the perfect scenario but alas I am getting old and anything less that 7 makes me a whiny baby. But Now is when all of my free time not in the gym or sleeping goes to crafting. I have to make up this last weekend of sleeping trying to get better as well as insure my diet is back to the right stuff to help me not get sick anymore.

I have to finish my stuff for Allcon, then make Squigly, Nayru, Felicita, and finish Sailor V for Akon.
I would kill to get 7 hours of sleep a night! Alas, insomnia kills me every night, so I've learned to function on 4-5 hours. It can help with cosplay work, though sometimes I'm too dead to want to sew or craft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagz View Post
I can't help myself I am to ADD to work on one costume at a time.
And this is how I feel about making costumes. I get bored with one, have to move on to something else, or I go nuts. I can't do just one thing, my mind refuses to think that linearly.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote