Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #331
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Add one more to the freaking out list. @_@ I have so much left to do yet. Soooooooo much left to do. I'm just going to go cry in a corner now (while painting something since I can't afford to waste time just crying).
LOL, I am so feeling you on this one, and don't think I could have said it better myself XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Austria View Post
WHOO finished my sewing today.
Stop bragging and get your butt down here to help me finish! XD

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #332
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

I amn now too part of the freaking out frenzy!!!! Zillyhoo is coming along,but now I'm procrastinating on other things! So Much To Do!!!!!!!!
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #333
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Add another to the freaking out list.
Though good news! The Essi and Anon plans are official, as opposed to just a maybe but going to work on just in case thing.
Also
Pink fancy dresses are hard to find on a limited budget. What classifies a dress as fancy?
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #334
WantAGuava
Derp of a Being

If you're going for ballroom fancy I say the length would at least have to be around the knee area, and of course the detailing of the dress wouldn't think it have to be too intricate though and not made up of the cheap satin (of course) or the overly glitter throw up type fabric...
Mikaze Ai- UtaPri
Kevin Tran - SPN
Dean - Venture Bros

Cons:
A-Kon 25
A-Fest 2014
WantAGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #335
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

I'm making my first prop ever and it is such a pain! DX I took the cheap-ish route,so I'm afraid It's gonna look really bad...but so far I like it....so much to do on it still! My hacksaw hates the PVC pipe. >>;;;
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #336
Ita-Chan92
Let The Randomness Begin!

Now that A-Kon is like 5 weeks away...I'm running into problems! Just found out I ran out of white thread, right when I was about to sew my scarf for Russia. So I just have to wait for the weekend before I can get some more. And I still have to figure out a way to hem the extra fabric on my blue overcoat for my Sweden cosplay. I have no idea where to start. (maybe safety pins, or sewing it) ;_; Overall, my cosplay progress is about 90%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeMituna View Post
I'm making my first prop ever and it is such a pain! DX I took the cheap-ish route,so I'm afraid It's gonna look really bad...but so far I like it....so much to do on it still! My hacksaw hates the PVC pipe. >>;;;
I'm sure it won't look bad. I once made probably the cheapest looking Keyblade for my Kingdom Hearts cosplay. I used cardboard, within hours it broke. ;_; Btw, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Homestuck cosplays! Good luck finishing them! I'll have to get pictures for sure!
Mikasa - (Attack on Titan)
Sweden - (Hetalia)
Finland - (Hetalia) Possibly

Find Me At:

Tumblr
DeviantART
Facebook
Ita-Chan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #337
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Ita-chan, if you're absolutely in a hurry and don't care as much about how clean your hem looks, use Heat n' Bond (regular or super hold). The best possible way is sewing it, of course, but if you're in a hurry, you can always cheat a little. Bear in mind that you -should not- attempt to stitch through Heat n' Bond, and the stuff's pretty permanent, so once it's there--you can't change your mind about sewing it.

Tomorrow is finish up homework day, and then I will hit the cosplay track hard this weekend. Tons of sewing to do, and praying that my third gem-casting attempt turns out the way I want it to this time.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #338
VK-KING
Yaoi 4 Life

cannot Wait
VK-KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #339
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

All I have left are my props, and I'm having major issues finding spray paint in the colors I want near here. I can find silver, but I need chrome and a maroon color as well. Guhhhh.

Really the only irritating thing to me right now. ><

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #340
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Myribee: if you can't find it in your local retailer (check both hardware and automotive, especially for the chrome), check your local auto store (Autozone, O'Reilly, etc) or hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Harbor Freight) for it. Your local hobby store (Hobby Lobby, JoAnns) may or may not have the maroon back in the spray case by the artists' materials.

Krylon makes an excellent line of shiny spray paints. I highly recommend the outdoor/plastics stuff because it bonds so well and leaves a good finish. I used their silver on my Shion shield a few years ago, and I'm very happy with it. The finish is still solid years later.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #341
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Now that my sewing machine is fixed I have some finish up sewing to do I will be working on adding the last of the apoxie to the rest of my Sylvanas armor tonight. I have a lot to do this weekend but hopefully Sunday I can start the mass sanding of all the apoxie and the lyre that way next week its all sewing and touch up apoxie. Then a final sanding next weekend and start painting all the things. The major sewing stuff I have left is embroidery on the cloak and adding pearls to Nayru. and then Sylvanas major bits are sanding the trim and repairing the bow. Everytime I look at it I get so upset it broke in the first place. Sailor V I need to finish fixing up the goggles and make the chest armor. So not a ton of major stuff just a lot of little simple things in there. Hopefully there are no more major malfunctions (like my sewing machine pooping out).

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #342
PepMaster

One note about most of the spray paints which have a chrome look to them, make sure you spray it on in very light coats. If you spray it on in a heavy coat, it won't stick properly and if your fingers touch it you'll end up with a fingerprint or smudges. Krylon should have a nice maroon color but I can't remember the specific name, The chrome and maroon you should be able to find those Krylon colors at a Wal-Mart before you try the hobby store which the prices can be high at those places.
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #343
benihime
Kimono Queen

If you have a 40% off coupon for hobby lobby, spraypaint can be a lot more reasonable

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #344
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

Turns out I have some more sewing to do - but for other people! C'est la vie! Tomorrow will be prop working day. I have a golden hammer and a sword to crank out.

Simon Blackquill - Ace Attorney (100%)
Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth - Ace Attorney (100%)
Tsunami - Tenchi Muyo! (100%)
Luke Skywalker 2.0 (A New Hope) - Star Wars (100%)
Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon (80%)
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Planned)
Tuxedo Mask - Sailor Moon (10%)
Mama Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #345
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Well I broke, I wanted to just work on cosplay on my free time but my house is driving me crazy... so I am cleaning... *sigh* There goes a few hours of progress time.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%