Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #391
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Another very unproductive weekend draws to an end. Fortunately I still work hard week nights. I have all the stuff to alter for Fel and have started the alterations. Haven't done anything but prep stuff for V. Mostly ended up shopping for stuff and cleaning this weekend in my free time. But I have all the costume stuff organized and layed out ready to work on tomorrow after I get home from work/gym. Hopefully I can still finish it all up early so that I can have at least a few days to relax/unwind before the convention I find that I have way more fun at cons that way.

Where is every one else at now that we are nearing the two weeks left mark?

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #392
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I'm just about done with the bow and tassels for Yue, and then he's done. Praise the cosplay gods. I have worked SO HARD on this costume.

I hope to finish the belts I need next weekend, along with the suspender straps. Then Deedlit and Umi will be ready to rock. At that point, it will just be drafting Erza. I'm really starting to doubt that I will have her done for A-Kon, simply because I -REALLY- need to be polishing my panel outlines. I've neglected them in favor of school and homework.

I also need to start getting my packing list together so I can prep boxes and materials.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #393
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

I'm bringing Shiro Fujimoto from Blue Exorcist Friday and Head Captain Yamamoto from Bleach Saturday. I'm really looking forward to the move to the new Hotel, it should be great.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #394
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I look forward to seeing your Yamamoto. It makes me want to bring my Bleach cosplay, but I have a serious lack of packing space at the moment.
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #395
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
... I have a serious lack of packing space at the moment.
Story of my life XD

I almost have A-Kon costumes done though! Almost excited, but still kinda freaking out, I only have 1 week left to get everything done AND packed T___________T

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #396
Kagz
ADD Allstar

I am so excited guys, I just figured out how to fix my pauldron harness issue (I think). Picked up all the stuff I need to do it on my lunch break and I will start installing all the cording and rectangle rings tonight hopefully get a trial run by this weekend. Hooray for work being slow and me thinking about my costumes. Though because I went shopping at lunch I missed a half hour of embroidery time I could have used. *shrug* I do what I can when I can.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #397
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

Hnnghhh, so close to being finished.

I'm a little peeved that I ordered a Zentai-bodysuit to be an underarmor piece for Tali, and it's been through 3 weeks of processing and still hasn't been sent out. (It's a basic black lycra bodysuit with nothing fancy)
All of my other orders from them took like a week most to process. I'm a little concerned. :/

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #398
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Woo progress was so good tonight hopefully tomorrow is just as good.

Myribee I hope your bodysuit goes through soon. =|

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #399
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I just need to attach the wire to my bow tonight and finish off the tassels, then Yue is done.

Tomorrow night will be Deedlit belts, and Friday night will be Umi straps. That leaves a four day weekend to draft and start Erza; next weekend will be finishing Erza and packing/cleaning up my apartment for incoming A-Kon guests.

The end is in sight, but it's still going to take a full sprint to get there in time. *puff puff*
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #400
PepMaster

Myribee, not sure if it would help but search eBay for "Second Skin Suit" then on the Location on the left side set USA. There should be some for $30 and I've got them within 3-4 days.
EDIT: Quick Link http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ZENTAI-S...em27d2b206 6a

Last edited by PepMaster : 05-14-2013 at 11:30 AM.
PepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #401
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Sitting here. Watching the hairspray on my wig dry. Yep...I'm bored. I'm all set for A-Kon! >.>

*decides to make another costume* Why the hell not. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #402
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I wish I was as ahead as some people. I've had to cut my Cardinal Sforza costume from my A-kon line-up because of time and money, and now if I can't find a decent faux fur, I might have to cut Juvia too...I'm about to cry! Those were my two that I was pretty excited about. But at least I know for sure I should have my steampunk wind-up doll if I get the last little bit of my wind-up key finished.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #403
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Tifaia - So amazing that you are done already. If only I hadn't procrastinated so much this past winter.

Mehdia - I am so sorry I know how much it sucks to have to cut costumes from lineups. I had to do that with Squigly it had me so bummed for a while. Though like with Squigly hopefully you will be able to bring it out later. As for the fur I assume it's for Juvia what type where you looking for maybe I can help you hunt some down.

I am almost done putting apoxie on stuff, if I could quit adding more stuff to apoxie to my list... Had to crack one piece of armor this morning. Hate it when they don't shape just the way you want. fortunately a little cracking and filling always fixes it up. I do plan to after I clean all the armor pieces Friday to add some E6000 to the bottom of a few of the apoxie pieces to insure a good solid stick. Better safe than sorry. Tonight I am going to finish altering Fel's skirt and add apoxie to the second thigh armor piece and finish the second calf piece. If there is time and material I am planning to add apoxie to raise the diamonds on the backs of the boots and the slices on the chest piece as well. I really do love this stuff, even if I did just add like 7lbs of weight to the whole thing. XD

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #404
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Yue is done. The EL wire keeps pulling itself up from the bow in a couple of places, though, so I'll be pinning that down (again) tonight with E6000. Stupid wire.

Switching my schedule; tonight is straps for Umi, tomorrow is Deedlit belts mostly so that I have time to plan it properly. (And because I have to do some motorcycle maintenance tonight before the sun goes down.) Weekend is finishing off any last issues, then drafting Erza.
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #405
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Cosplay plans keep getting jumbled around xD Ahah. I don't think I'm going to bring Ciel, instead I'm going to bring a casual Russia to go with my friend's Fem!Prussia. If I can find some good clothes to fit him.