Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #436
Mistbreeze
~Life's a Dance~

I agree it happens all the time. This time I am ahead of the curve. *gasp* I'm almost done with my Morrigan (Dragon Age) staff. I just a branch to add and the accessories to add. I have to sew the skirt (I have it pinned though) The top just needs to be hemmed and hook-n-eyes to it.

Miku is done since it's a casual for a photoshoot. (The wig is horrible though >.< kill me now)

And finally my Plumber Peach (as in princess peach) is done except the crown. I can't wait to debut it. My favorite thing about this is my high heels that I painted pink to match. Can't wait to see you all at A-kon this year. Con hotel FTW!

Casual Miku- 100%, photoshoot with my Luka

Plumber Peach- 90% hemming shorts and Crown

Morrigan (Dragon Age)- 75% Hemming Top, Sewing the skirt, and accessorize the Staff.
Mistbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #437
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I think i have catzi just about done. I just finished the wig and the tutu. Tomorrow im working on botan.

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #438
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagz View Post
Zaiten no worries it's the plight of every cosplayer.
Still, for once I wish I wouldn't. :3 Oh well, the next two days are going to be filled with blood, sweat, tears, paint, and curse words.

I have props to finish, a skirt to make, a jacket to finally finish, painting.. more painting, and more painting.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #439
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I feel that pain--I've been painting for the last two days straight. In fact, it's given me a few headaches (literally).

Tonight is haircut and errands, so very little cosplay work is likely. Tomorrow and Friday will be burning serious rubber trying to sew all my Erza parts together, make the Fairy Tail emblem, find or purchase red cording, and potentially getting a roll of jute to make waraji. (Depends on how much time I have.)

This weekend will be packing, grocery shopping, food preparation, and cleaning my apartment for the guests I have coming in. (And making sure the airbed works.) Oh, and cleaning out my car, LOL.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #440
Kagz
ADD Allstar

I am doing as much as I can to get stuff done but depending on the volunteer hours I get called in for I may not finish stuff. Oh well the bigger concern gets the attention. However in the mean time to keep my mind off things I have been focusing all efforts to get stuff done. V is almost completely finished just some hemming and armor work. If I am not called in tonight I am hoping to finish up Fel's corset and belt. Tomorrow the plan is to finish up V and Fel, then anything else will be poured into Sylvanas. So I am hoping to have enough time to finish but also hoping to get the call to go help, If nothing else I know I will be doing volunteer after AKon during the rebuild so then I won't be doing a juggling act. Ugh to much stress. =(

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #441
Zaiten

Going good so far. =) Though I still have a lot of painting, I haven't run into any major snags yet.. time for some lunch to fuel up and then back to work!

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #442
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

gotta finish a couple things on my cosplays,finish my hammer,and then finish my Wiggler plushies. @-@ so close!!!
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #443
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Passed the halfway point on the embroidery for Sylvanas yesterday. If work keeps slow and my boss keeps being so awesome about letting me sew at work. I may pull this thing out yet. This weekend will be busy but I am going to attempt to make at least Monday super productive. Sunday night also. It is killer crunch time. Good luck everyone who is in hyper speed creation mode like me.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #444
benihime
Kimono Queen

yeah I need to hype it up. Chibi is ALMOST DONE. I need to buy a few new things this weekend and work on a few things for haruka, and then paint/make my skirt for Kotori

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #445
Hikaruhime
I'm jusaiyan

Guhhhhhhh if I never satin stitch anything after this Kohane costume, it will only be too soon. 30 hours into the dress and I'm only 2/3 of the way done.
Tokyo in Tulsa // Tulsa, OK

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS:
Isis from SMITE
Capitol Citizen from Hunger Games

Mythos Creations Cosplay Group
Hikaruhime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #446
Zaiten

I admit I kinda' got distracted by a lot of things.. and my jigsaw broke.. but I still think I'll finish on time. I have one more day off on Sunday and no one else should be around to distract me. ^_^;

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #447
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm am beyond happy to report that today after work I got my entire Juvia dress together except for the hem and the superficial buttons on the front. Tomorrow is belts and finishing up on a commission I have to deliver at A-kon as well as touching up a hat from a commission that will be returned to it's owner at A-kon. When my nephew gets here this weekend we are going to go buy the fabric for his jacket and pants to make him the Pokemon trainer from Heart Gold. Monday will be re-hemming my sister-in-law's petticoat for her Alice costume, and then come home and make my nephew's costume between Monday evening and Wednesday morning (I must love him to make a costume so last minute...but I sorta didn't get him one finished last year and I owe him big time). I might actually get a jump on commissions that are due after A-kon!

Oh, and I need to detangle my Stocking wig because wow...that thing can get crazy after wearing it for a day. And...if I have time, I might attempt to finally finish (read: figure out the last patterning) my Honekoneko plushie to carry with Stocking since we still slacked off and never made my sword.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #448
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be sewing the last pieces of Erza together, as well as making white and red bias tape for the ties/edging.

Sunday is cleaning my apartment for incoming guests, and Monday (no work) is for packing and going over my panel outlines/mock teaching as well as finishing my costume portfolio with pictures. Then, HOPEFULLY, I will have Tuesday and Wednesday to decompress/frantically finish up things at work so that I'm less stressed on Thursday when I have an early full work day.

Also, please keep a close eye on the weather. There's still a 40% chance of storms on Friday as of this morning, so those running photoshoots outdoors may wish to choose an alternate location just in case.

Speaking of work...off I go. I'm both excited and nervous for A-Kon, but I have to make it through the work day first...
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #449
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Oh, and I need to detangle my Stocking wig because wow...that thing can get crazy after wearing it for a day. And...if I have time, I might attempt to finally finish (read: figure out the last patterning) my Honekoneko plushie to carry with Stocking since we still slacked off and never made my sword.
Dude I feel you so much, I am not looking forward to cleaning up my stocking wig, and tonight I will be finally putting the last touches on my Honekoneko. Thursday pool Stocking for happy fun donut inner tube times!

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #450
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Good luck on finishing all your last minute stuff Celyddon!

And Kagz, god yes that wig...mine is soaking up detangler right now while I am about to head off to my brother's for a min cookout/cosplay work session. I really do hope to get Honekoneko made since I would then have a bag to carry stuff in instead of carrying something that so doesn't match my costume! But we shall see. I gotta get other stuff done first.

And Juvia is now officially finished except for trimming the bangs on the wig. I'm so happy with it too. I will post pictures later since I am about to leave and was too lazy to take pictures earlier^^
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote