Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 03-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

MegaCon 2013: Feedback Thread

This thread is for posting your thoughts/opinions on MegaCon 2013!

From your experience this year, what were the pros and cons? What were the highlights and lowlights? Would you return again next year?

Also, you can discuss the particulars of the convention, such as the events, panels, masquerade, dances, etc., as well as what you thought about the con and hotel staff, the guests, convention space, food, dealer's room, attendees, and whatever else pertaining to this year's MegaCon!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
XxMURPLExX

In my opinion, I think that the convention center space was a bit too packed for all the people that were there. I think maybe they should move some panels and the Artist Alley to the upper floor. It was getting to the point where I couldn't move between some of the booths because people were standing in the middle of the pathways.
I could barely see anything at the merch tables either. People were constantly crowded around them. At the booth selling all the Japanese snacks, there was a chick just standing there reading some pamphlet, completely in the way and not even buying anything. Really annoying.
Food was, as always, overpriced. Theres not much to do about that though. It was nice that they kind of split up the food onto two sides this time though.
I can't say anything about panels because I wasn't able to go to any due to the sheer amount of people.
Adding to that, I noticed quite a few people running around and jumping all over each other yelling and shouting and whatnot. I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old geezer, but with that many people already shoved into a tiny space, running around isn't exactly the best idea.
Now this one is just my personal feelings. Too. Much. Homestuck. Jesus Christ. My boyfriend had never even heard of Homestuck before the con, but just the experience with the Homestuck cosplayers and fandom at the con; he now dislikes it greatly.
My main problem with them is the fact that most don't do their makeup properly(I witnessed a few doing makeup COMPLETELY wrong), and in such an enclosed space I don't want to get near to any of them, as the makeup would rub off and whatnot.
But, whatever, thats my opinion.
I liked the various dealers that were there. Got myself one of them adorable alpacas. Ermhgerd, so cute. Dealers weren't too ridiculously overpriced.

Overall, I did really enjoy the experience. I just think that there were far too many people for the space allotted.
XxMURPLExX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
MostDecentThing
Tanya

Here's my MegaCon Report: http://mostdecentthing.weebly.com/21...acon-2013.html

Please feel free to leave comments and/or give me some constructive pointers. This was my first big con and my first ever con report.
MostDecentThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
DavinDaLilAzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMURPLExX View Post
Overall, I did really enjoy the experience. I just think that there were far too many people for the space allotted.
It use to be A LOT worse. MegaCon is now Halls D & E. It use to be just Hall D. I wish they would use A & E since I feel like there's more room over on that side.

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
DavinDaLilAzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinDaLilAzn View Post
It use to be A LOT worse. MegaCon is now Halls D & E. It use to be just Hall D. I wish they would use A & E since I feel like there's more room over on that side.
Agreed. While I don't deny it must have been very crowded on Saturday (I only went Sunday), I did notice there was more space than in prior years. It scares me to think with all that space it was still insanely crowded.

I do wish they'd return to the A side, however. There is so much room, and you could use the multiple levels which made it much less congested.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
12WolfZ
thersAferinthehenhows

Did anyone go to any of the cosplaying panels? I didn't go to the armor one on Friday, but did attend the other three: The Friday night one on spandex, Saturday photography panel and the one one on Sunday were kinda disappointing for me. The hosts didn't show up on Saturday, and the other two were just run as Q and A's that didn't really focus on their advertised subjects much.
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote