Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
Weisseteufel
Moonrace Hipster

That's sounds like a pretty good idea. Hopefully there will be more joining us besides those who've posted here so far, but I too predict our group will be relatively small so a lunch or dinner-meet should be entirely possible!

I'm also curious about your shift in plans to now dress as Loran--which outfit will you be doing? Also, the prospect of you also bringing Haman adds to the pressure of me getting together Mashymre in time for that weekend, of which the chances of actually happening are one in a zillion considering Harry still isn't done entirely. On the other hand, if we end up only having one Gundam gathering I see no concrete reason to have a second Gundam costume anyway... DECISIONS DECISIONS
Weisseteufel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

For Loran I'm going to do the black sleeveless shirt with the hat and jacket from a cover I saw. I'd like to do something more, but time and budget (More time than anything) is keeping me from putting together something more elaborate. I already have my white wig, and the wig is about half the expense of any costume I do.

Haman I'll probably pack and decide about when I'll wear it later. I've got a wig I can use, but I'd honestly like a better one. I'm kind of making Haman up on the fly based on a pic from that one episode in Zeta where they were all at that resort colony & get attacked by the Titans.

Fixing my Alucard costume and the holidays really killed my cosplay plans ~Sobs~
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
Sapph
Promised the east

Hopefully I'm bringing Lunamaria and Sumeragi this year.
Sapph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

Can everyone give me the Days they'll be cosplaying from Gundam?

Some people here have already said they'd be available Saturday, but I need to hear from those of you who haven't put any availability yet.
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #20
Sapph
Promised the east

It's going to be Friday and Saturday for me.
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
13Kai-Kai
HisokaKurosaki3

Tine and I are planning on Saturday

Zenkaikon
Lenalee (D.Gray-Man)
Inukashi (No.6)
Rose (Doctor Who)
Shizuo (Durarara)

Otakon
Manx (Weiss Kreuz)
Max (Beyblade)
Milly (Code Geass)
Inukashi (No.6)
Lisanna (Fairy Tail)
Pisti (Magi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyokun View Post
Plan for the worst, hope for the best, be happy that nothing blew up.
13Kai-Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

Saturday looks like a Go. Wonderful. :3

How early do we want to go? I was thinking some time around lunch, between 11 and 2... ish. The only thing I've got that's set but not scheduled yet is the Hall costume contest, and it'll be a few weeks before con before they drop the con schedule.

I'll be starting Friday & Saturday in Gundam costume, so early afternoon is best for me.
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
tatooine
Space Cake

I'll be Shinn with Sapph's Luna. I think I won't be getting to Katsu until Friday afternoon, so a meetup on Saturday would be best.

If -- if! -- it's warm enough, the docks have an industrial look that would work well for a Gundam shoot.
tatooine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

We can always meet up and decide where to go from there.

I've never actually been down to the docks. I hope it is warm enough to venture down there for photos!
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #25
Sapph
Promised the east

I have a photoshoot at 2 so anytime before that is pretty great for me.
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
zepson
Heir of Dance

I'm tentatively trying to put together an Argo Gulskii from G Gundam for Katsu. I'm not sure i'll be able to get it done in time. got to make the jacket, bomb, and figure out a decent wig for him. (i.e. pretty much the whole thing ><)
Otakon: '10, '11, '12, '13 ||| Anime North: '11, '12 '13 ||| Baltimore ComicCon '12 ||| Anime USA: '11, '12 ||| Ichibancon: '12 ||| Katsucon: '12, '13 ||| Tigercon '11, '12, '13 ||| Magfest '13, '14 ||| Nekocon '13

2014 planned cons:
Magfest, Katsucon

Current main cosplays:
White King (Homestuck), Ferio(Magic Knight Rayearth), Rucks (Bastion)
possible future cosplays:
Blue Heavy(TF2), Shiroe (Log Horizon)
zepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #27
Weisseteufel
Moonrace Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererSupreme View Post
We can always meet up and decide where to go from there.

I've never actually been down to the docks. I hope it is warm enough to venture down there for photos!
I too am worried about the weather conditions of that weekend and if they will allow for any outdoor pictures, let alone our walk to whatever restaurant we pick for the lunch meetup. Last year was scarily nice and we were quite comfortable at our impromptu outdoor shoot on Saturday afternoon. There's no certainty in whether or not the National Harbor will be disgustingly cold like it is right now in much of the northeastern US or will actually warm up a little for the con weekend so that makes it a little difficult to make definite plans for this whole thing if we really do want to have it (or part of it) outdoors...

To play it safe and to give as many people as possible a chance to join the shoot I say we have a gathering inside the Gaylord sometime between 11AM and 2PM on Saturday and then for those who can and want to stick with us for a little longer they can join us for a meal and more photos outside of the convention center right afterwards.

The other thing besides weather and coinciding meetups elsewhere that will affect when/where this gathering will be is Katsu's own programming and like the weather, that too probably won't be known until the week of the con. Nonetheless I think can we at least aim for midday Saturday for the time being. Now to decide on the initial meeting place and what we'll do from there...
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #28
tatooine
Space Cake

I'd like to suggest submitting 3PM Friday at the gazebo and 3PM Saturday at the indoor fountains in the main thread before someone else snags them. They're good meeting spots, even if we end up moving.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
Weisseteufel
Moonrace Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatooine View Post
I'd like to suggest submitting 3PM Friday at the gazebo and 3PM Saturday at the indoor fountains in the main thread before someone else snags them. They're good meeting spots, even if we end up moving.
I'm all for grabbing that Saturday spot but the only problem is that it looks like most people here want this gathering to be before 2PM, so 3 is too late even if it is the only time the atrium fountains are available. BUT if we only end up meeting up at the fountains and move from there I don't see why we can't set 11AM or noon as our meeting time (as long we're out of the way of the shoots that are already going on there within a reasonable amount of time)--otherwise we're going to have to pick a different place in order to accomodate our desired time range.

As for that Friday spot at the gazebo... It all depends on how many of you guys want that time/plan to be in Gundam cosplay for that day and time. If I do grab us that 3PM spot that could allow us to have two Gundam shoots this year which was the initial goal when this thread started.

So what do you guys think? Two shoots--one on Friday at 3PM at the gazebo and one on Saturday sometime between 11 and 2 (location still TBD)? Just a Saturday shoot with lunch outside of the Gaylord afterwards? A combination of all of these? Or something that hasn't been suggested yet and satisfies the general consensus of wanting to meetup in the late morning/early afternoon on Saturday? Reply soon if you think we should take that Friday spot (before its filled by another group)!
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #30
tatooine
Space Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisseteufel View Post
I'm all for grabbing that Saturday spot but the only problem is that it looks like most people here want this gathering to be before 2PM, so 3 is too late even if it is the only time the atrium fountains are available. BUT if we only end up meeting up at the fountains and move from there I don't see why we can't set 11AM or noon as our meeting time (as long we're out of the way of the shoots that are already going on there within a reasonable amount of time)--otherwise we're going to have to pick a different place in order to accomodate our desired time range.

As for that Friday spot at the gazebo... It all depends on how many of you guys want that time/plan to be in Gundam cosplay for that day and time. If I do grab us that 3PM spot that could allow us to have two Gundam shoots this year which was the initial goal when this thread started.

So what do you guys think? Two shoots--one on Friday at 3PM at the gazebo and one on Saturday sometime between 11 and 2 (location still TBD)? Just a Saturday shoot with lunch outside of the Gaylord afterwards? A combination of all of these? Or something that hasn't been suggested yet and satisfies the general consensus of wanting to meetup in the late morning/early afternoon on Saturday? Reply soon if you think we should take that Friday spot (before its filled by another group)!
Well, for Saturday:

- You want 11-2
- 13Kai-Kai says afternoon
- SorcererSupreme originally said "maybe around 3 or 4," then "between 11 and 2... ish"
- Sapph can't do 1:45-3
- I can't do 1:45-3

Then maybe 12:30PM at the wall across from the gazebo, moving if necessary/if weather permitting?