Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 03-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
twiggyr

Question Help me with a Destiny (Irene Adler) costumer break down

So I have recently just fallen for this character and I would love to be in that costume. I can break down parts like the leotard and the large boots. But is that thing a mask? How would be best to make the close cowl/cape? any suggestions.
twiggyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:37 AM   #2
tattooedgeek85

Do you have any idea what kind of material you are going to use for the cowl/cape combo? It's a tricky predicament but what I would do is make the cowl and neck piece separately from the cape and use a hidden zipper or snaps on the underside of the cape to attach the cape to that (I can draw out better than I can explain it). That's just me. Otherwise I would look into using something like latex and doing a molded piece. Hopefully that helps or at least gives you an idea.

Lor
Unread 09-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Yes, it is a mask- and it doesn't have eyeholes, since Destiny is blind! Maybe you could put tiny ones in it. Or get a Mystique to lead you around.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
lemuries

Maybe you could use a mask like this and then line it with stretch gold lame pulled widely enough that you can see through it?
lemuries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

This lady made a Weeping Angel cosplay with greyed-out eyes, and what she did was take those plastic cups from vending machines (you know, the ones in movie theatres where you pay 25 cents for a little plastic ring or something and it comes in a plastic bubble) and cut them to fit the eyeholes of a mask, then covered them with grey pantyhose. Gold pantyhose might be hard to find, though.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote