Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Shadaki

No go Gazebo?

I've been informed from multiple sources that the Gazebo at the Gaylord is being used from Thursday - Saturday, and that Katsucon goers won't be allowed to use it.

Now I'm not there myself... (won't be there until Friday AM), but I thought I should make this known since I know a lot of photoshoots go on there.

All about training! Check out my pages!

Team Beachbody page: www.teambeachbody.com/member/sn/TheEternalLion

Team Beachbody Coach page: http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/TheEternalLion

Facebook (fitness) page: https://www.facebook.com/TheEternalLionFitness
Shadaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
NatureMade
Entity of Insanity

I just called the hotel themselves, as far as they know, there is no event limiting our use of the Gazebo area. I fear this may just be nothing more than a rumor to cause people to scramble so that the Gazebo is vacant.
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
melodea

Myself and my friends that have called the hotel have VERIFIED that the Gazebo is available for the weekend and that no such "event" has booked the Gazebo from Thursday through Saturday. They said that there's been multiple concerns regarding the Gazebo and it's for PUBLIC USE.

Facebook
melodea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

People AT the convention have apparently been told that it's not. Mad confusing.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

This is seriously concerning for me. @_@ Has anyone explained WHY? Is it construction? Wedding? Business convention? I call BS until I see some official statements from con/hotel staff.
pc_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Kimi_Bunny

Oy!

While this is very disappointing news please, PLEASE remember to keep our tempers and be polite to staff. Going off and being rude won't help the situation. After all we are just a bunch of dirty cosplayers. /
I very much like The Gaylord and hope we can come back.
Peace & See y'all there!

Lulu - FFX Saturday 4pm

Alcyone - Magic Knights Rayearth Undecided

Morrigan - Darkstalkers Saturday 9pm

Boa Hancock First Appearance Friday 4pm & Wedding Daydream One Piece Saturday 11am

Mortal Kombat Princess Kitana Friday 9pm

"Go Hard or Go Home"
Kimi_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

I don’t understand because there have been other business conventions and couples retreats that go in at the same time before but the Gazebo has always been considered public space. And when there is a wedding, I they have it in their own ballroom area and then they do photos at the Gazebo but people go ahead and let the bride do pictures and things like that. (I mean, its her fucking wedding day). This sounds like complete BS.
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
SeleneHino
Selene Vakarian

I could careless if you laugh because you're not the first to be rude and try something like this. Just because you think your hurting us by laughing we'll be laughing too. Why because we're having fun in our 'shitty costumes that nobody likes ' as you so put it and just so you know if you really are a member of the bbyo and the hotel hears about this and a lot of people complain they your group maybe get told to leave or you can never come back but this is you decision and I hope your happy with it
SeleneHino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Eh, the hotel staff at the front desk apparently say it is a public use area- which makes sense. And you seem like a total troll.
I will obviously respect the Sabbath, and if it is in use tomorrow night or during the day Saturday I won't go near there, but I'm going to take photos at the gazebo area this weekend unless you have documentation proving to me that you have exclusive right over the space.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Shinkoucon- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
NatureMade
Entity of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Jew View Post
This is not BS, we have the gazebo booked until Sunday. No one else can use it. Are you really that sad that you have to find somewhere else to take a picture of you dressed up like an idiot? Grow the fuck up. The Jews own the gazebo until Sunday, suck it up.
Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the internet.

Things to note;
-your registration date to this forum
-your Username.
-your brash and rude remarks.

The chances of you being head of anything besides your own reproductive organs is about as likely as me being the CEO of a fortune 500 company. I would ask that you stop confusing people with your silly rumors and get over the fact that the Gazebo is PUBLIC SPACE, and unless the hotel says so [which it has stated numerous times already that it is not reserved], that you my friend are SOL.

I hope the youth group has a great time this weekend, and that they actually get to enjoy mingling with such a fun and colorful crowd like us.
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

People, stop feeding the troll. There's a report button, use that.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

You aren't proving to me that you have booked it, you're just saying the same thing over and over again. And yeah, maybe some people would say they're silly pictures, but whatever, different people like different things. You probably have some stupid hobby. At least we have talent and can make amazing things.
We're not all children either. I'm in law school. Which is why I'm wondering about the proof that you booked it, since as I said you seem to be too antagonistic and unprofessional to be one of the heads of a Jewish youth organization and are probably just trolling. Maybe not. But unless you can prove you have exclusive right over it for the whole weekend, I'll go by what the front desk is telling people.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Shinkoucon- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

I'm not attending Katsucon but since the front desk is telling people that the gazebo is not reserved, it's up to you to prove that it is.

If what you say is true, someone in your organization really should rectify the situation with the hotel since they are giving out misinformation.

Next conventions: Anime Next, Otakon
Currently working on (commission): Mabel Pines "music note" (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove)
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
13Kai-Kai
HisokaKurosaki3

I'm sorry, I've got one more thing to add...

Sir, if you really are part of a religious delegation that will be using the area and have come here to speak on their behalf...I regret to inform you that you are completely unprofessional. Coming on here and calling us "faggots" in "shitty costumes" is just rude and immature. If you really wish to prove your point, please refrain from using such derogatory terms. If there are any other issues it might be best to take it up with the Gaylord hotel staff.
Thank you.

Zenkaikon
Lenalee (D.Gray-Man)
Inukashi (No.6)
Rose (Doctor Who)
Shizuo (Durarara)

Otakon
Manx (Weiss Kreuz)
Max (Beyblade)
Milly (Code Geass)
Inukashi (No.6)
Lisanna (Fairy Tail)
Pisti (Magi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyokun View Post
Plan for the worst, hope for the best, be happy that nothing blew up.
13Kai-Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

Can we not turn into Fanime D: please